The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Oct 1, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #46 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not a 335i with some mods: Easily faster than the M3 for less $$$, and much more discrete (I'm a sleeper sort of guy).

sometimes you just need to have the M.

also you could mod M3 as well
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #49 of 1,511
Quote:

Get the original Miata with the pop-up lights.

The 90-98 have the pop up lights though 90-93 =1.6L motor and 94-98 = 1.8L motor except in some places where it was always the 1.6L motor.

Oct 1, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #50 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
also you could mod M3 as well
wink.gif

Exactly!
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #52 of 1,511
Quote:

I don't know, I've always been an AMG sort of guy rather than an M person.

Not trying to start something here, but AMG cars can't compare to any M car. AMG cars are just like american cars with the benz badge, big on horsepower, but handling wise, not so much. I'd rather have any M car than any AMG car, except for the s65, mmm V12 biturbo...

By the way, I also own a GD3 here in the States, although it is called the "Fit" here.

Oct 1, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #53 of 1,511
^ I agree on that account. M division of bmw actually managed to squeeze decent performance out of 3, 5, 6 series - at least m3 and m5 anyways.
C65 amg and others have been rather lazy on performance front IMO. I guess they're going on different directions, but I'll take M3 over C65 amg anytime
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #54 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by oofie810 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not trying to start something here, but AMG cars can't compare to any M car. AMG cars are just like american cars with the benz badge, big on horsepower, but handling wise, not so much. I'd rather have any M car than any AMG car, except for the s65, mmm V12 biturbo...

By the way, I also own a GD3 here in the States, although it is called the "Fit" here.

I like the M engines. Insane hp for the displacement (as far as naturally aspirated goes) with a wicked high redline --> more fun for me to drive. And what's the deal with not having pure standard shift in AMGs...

Oct 1, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #55 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the M engines. Insane hp for the displacement (as far as naturally aspirated goes) with a wicked high redline --> more fun for me to drive.

Yeah, the US spec e46 M3 has 3.3l with 333hp and the e90/92 M3 has a 4.0V8 with about 400hp. That's about 100hp/l. Only naturally aspirated car that I can think of that can top that is the Honda s2000 (about 120hp/l), although power from the s2000's can be a bit late, have to be high revving to get it unlike the s54 engine.

About the AMG cars not having the regular stick shift, it's mainly because of their target market, more on the over 40 age group (IMO) who would relax while driving the car. The e60 M5 was also originally offered with just the SMG gearbox, but people from North America demanded for a proper 6spd manual.

Oct 1, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #57 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by oofie810 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Too late, you've already started something.....

So are you saying the CLK Black doesn't go round corners????

I guess I like AMG cars because they have so much more character and charm than M3s. The 6.2L AMG engine revs like hell, and sounds the ****.

Its like Ferrari VS Lamborghini; The Ferrari might be faster, but the lambo is the one that looks way cooler and can be just as much fun.

EDIT: What do people think of the new Lambo 4-door: http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/20...ue-Concept.htm

Oct 1, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #58 of 1,511
Quote:

Too late, you've already started something.....

So are you saying the CLK Black doesn't go round corners????

I guess I like AMG cars because they have so much more character and charm than M3s. The 6.2L AMG engine revs like hell, and sounds the ****.

Its like Ferrari VS Lamborghini; The Ferrari might be faster, but the lambo is the one that looks way cooler and can be just as much fun.

EDIT: What do people think of the new Lambo 4-door: 2008 Lamborghini Estoque Concept

It can, and it does, but at $100k sticker, I can think of at least 5 cars cheaper or equally as expensive that can hang with it on track. I think of it this way, some people buy cars for the look, and some buy them to have fun.

Oct 1, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #60 of 1,511
Quote:

On that basis, everyone would buy a GTR instead of an R8 or Porsche 911 Turbo.

Lets not go there, seriously. It'll turn into a flamewar very quickly.

So, what do people think of the new lambo sedan?

lol, every car forum I know has a debate between buying a GTR and a more expensive car.
devil_face.gif

As for the lambo sedan, I don't get why these car makers (porsche and lambo) are trying to tap into the "sport sedan" market, I mean, don't they sell out their cars? They've built their prestigious names building awesome cars, and they still make these awful things (no disrespect to those who are ordering the Porsche Panamera).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back