The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Oct 1, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #61 of 1,511
Strollers for infants have ferrari badges on them - same with puma shoes.

It's just about making money - 4 door sedans sell more in volume than sport cars.

I also know there are many who hate anything with a BMW badge, or hate anything with Benz badge. I think both M3 and C65 AMG have their respective fan base for a reason. I think they can coexist for now
wink.gif

In an ideal car, I would have a good V6 or V8 churning out 100+hp per litre in naturally aspired engine, mated to razor sharp cornering and good breaks. Oh, and lighter the better (duh!). I personally don't agree with dropping 6 litre engine into a compact sports sedan, I would rather like to see more weight saving (but that's even more expensive to develop than making bigger engine, I assume).
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #64 of 1,511
Raise your hand if you miss the times when sports car weighed at or under 3,000lbs? All of this safety nonsense and "pedestrian safety" design makes me sick...

Colin Chapman had it right.
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #65 of 1,511
Have you ever executed a good drift? The only thing that made it a bad image to car enthusiast is Fast & Furious, but you are stupid to even to watch that and say damn those are the best car drivers ever.

Oct 2, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #67 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its like Ferrari VS Lamborghini; The Ferrari might be faster, but the lambo is the one that looks way cooler and can be just as much fun.

I'm going to go ahead and vehemently disagree with this.

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #73 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I'm with you on the California.

If it had a Hyundai or lexus badge on it, than I might say it looks alright.

As a Ferrari though, especially when you line it up next to the original? Its butt ugly.

With the recently revealed Hyperion, I'm beginning to wonder if Pininfarina can design a good looking car anymore.

@Rednamalas: I tend to think the modern Lamborghinis are much better than the old ones in that they still look wild and outrageous, but are actually now drivable on the streets and don't give you a leg injury from operating the gearbox and clutch.

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #74 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
especially when you line it up next to the original? Its butt ugly.

This is what gets me. Even as a fan boy, I can handle them putting out a dud once in a while, but it really disgraces one of the sexiest cars of all time.

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #75 of 1,511
The Ferrari F40 will always be the one I want. There are faster cars out there, but very few with the sort of "rawness" that I love so much in the F40.

Saw a white F40 in Hong Kong, which had me drooling for a good hour. Sitting in an F40 almost made me faint. Thats how much I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back