The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Feb 19, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #571 of 1,323
Hi Plakat

I am in Vienna : any idea where I can try Beyerdynamics T1 or the face lifted Dt1350 and the new T51p?
I love my 1350...
Thanks.

Hi Nishy,

sorry for my late reply -- quite busy the last weeks.
I'm trying to organize another meet in Vienna where I could bring along my T1 (possibly on March, 15th). But you're welcome to PM me to meet at (almost :wink: any time.

The facelift version does to my knowledge change nothing regarding sound signature. It uses the larger pads which I purchased for my DT1350 as standard though, so it might be a bit more comfortable straight out of the box.

Still waiting for my T51p though... March I guess.

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #572 of 1,323
I kept meaning to share the work done by Brian at BTG Audio...

Now cables exit both cups at the bottom...

A bad photo of where the cable used to exit to go through the headband...

And a less bad photo of the SPC cable exiting the bottom of one of the cups...

And what I'm using them with today.  A great combo...

Feb 20, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #573 of 1,323
  Woo! No matter how much of my hair they pull out, no matter how tightly they grip my skull and send me spiraling into a headache, no matter how much time it takes me to adjust them each time I put them on so that the pads rest on my ears just right... once I've got them in their sweet spot and feeding my head some tunes, the world just melts away. I'm a fan, for sure. Totally worth it.

I now it is a long time ago, that this was postet and I know many don't like bringing bag old threats, but I have a tip to share regarding thins haedphone and long hair:

I took a black lanyard and cut it, than pulled one and over each end of the mettel things that are sticking out and ALWAYS get in the way with my long hair open or pulled together. I have taken some pictures of that, but I am not permitted jet to post them. I even send the pictures to the manufacturer because I could not believe that I should be the only girl with these. But I never got a replie. 
You see, what I did does not look homemade. It looks (for someone who does not no this particular model) as it was build that way.

As I said, it may be interesting, if not just ignore this post please.

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #574 of 1,323
Hi everyone ,I'm really interested in these headphones.

The trouble is I can't make my mind up.

Is there a comparison of dt1350 v t51p ?.

My other problem is I have a hankering for some p7 s (I know they are over ears but I just can't help myself).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Out of interest I love the sound of my se425 but got rid of my Grado sr 225 ..way to bright !

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #575 of 1,323
Hi everyone ,I'm really interested in these headphones.

The trouble is I can't make my mind up.

Is there a comparison of dt1350 v t51p ?.

My other problem is I have a hankering for some p7 s (I know they are over ears but I just can't help myself).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Out of interest I love the sound of my se425 but got rid of my Grado sr 225 ..way to bright !

I had the same problem and did a fair bit of research on both cans. Basically the dt1350 is fairly neutral where as the t51p is on the warmer side. Both get great reviews and I ended up going with the dt1350 simply because they were only $170 on amazon and $100 cheaper than the t51p.

The P7s are extremely nice but if you have big ears like me forget about it as they just don't fit very well.

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #578 of 1,323
I've got normal ears and can't help feeling if I don't get the p7 I will regret it.

I think you should get the p7s in that case. Otherwise you'll be more focused on looking for faults in the 1350s instead of appreciating their strenghts, always wondering "what if"

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #579 of 1,323
Perhaps if I had a clearer idea about there strengths I would go for the t50p.

From what I have read they would float my boat sound wise plus I like the form factor and looks.

And being £100.00 cheaper I could add an amp .

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #580 of 1,323
Perhaps if I had a clearer idea about there strengths I would go for the t50p.

From what I have read they would float my boat sound wise plus I like the form factor and looks.

And being £100.00 cheaper I could add an amp .

Now there's an idea.  Amps help all headphones...

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #581 of 1,323
On amazon uk there is only £20.00 diferance.

Would you have gone for t51p if that was the case ?

Yeh I probably would have, I favour a warm sound signature and the t51p is said to be more comfortable.
The P7's will isolate better so will be a better choice when out and about and they drive just fine from an iPod or smartphone so an amp really isn't necessary IMO.

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #582 of 1,323
On amazon uk there is only £20.00 diferance.

Would you have gone for t51p if that was the case ?

Yes, but you can still order from Amazon.com

I did, total cost with pre-paid import duties was ~£140, took 4 days for delivery. No point paying so much from european vendors. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back