The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Feb 11, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #541 of 1,323
  Interesting the aluminum amp's to some are better than the 1350's, Tyell seemed to like them better that the 1350 for a review he recently did and he really liked the 1350's.

I would like to hear them for myself but I cant think of parting with the 1350's....

Alex

The Aluminum Amps were released  just as I was going to grab the 1350s.  I purchased both and did and A/B compare on several tracks.   To my ears the 1350s have cleaner MIDs, tighter/cleaner bass.  I though the highs were delivered a bit cleaner for the 1350s as well, but not by much.  I would also state more or less the same when comparing the 1350s to the HD25s.

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #543 of 1,323

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DavaoAudiophileClub/

Look for Arbi Barbi.  He made the cups.

Looks like something from Gradodynamic

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #544 of 1,323
  Another great story for the 1350's!!

I think they are the best in their class....'area'..

Alex

I would have to agree, I own a pair.  I also recall reading that  the Amps use the same dated drivers as the HD25s.  BD 1350s drivers are newer from a technology perspective, this is the main contributing factor in my view.  What was once best in-class( HD25s) has been surpassed by technology.

Feb 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #545 of 1,323
There are times when I like my 1350s even more so than my T90's..I hate to admit that, they both are really good I guess its the music and my mood.

I tend to listen to one set for several weeks and then go over to the other pair and each and every time I am shocked at how good they both are or what I was missing etc...

Happy Camper here...

LOL
Alex

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #546 of 1,323
I can't seem to get my DT1350s I just received to seal properly. If I push them against my ears I hear a lot of bass; there is very little bass if I just leave them alone.

I also have the T51p and I put the T51p pads on the DT1350, it didn't do anything. I can get the T51p to seal better though, which is kind of weird. If I push my T51p against my ears I hear a bass increase as well, but it is only like 1/4 the increase that happens with the DT1350.

Anyways, what tricks have you guys tried to get the DT1350 to seal on your ears?

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #547 of 1,323
Try not spreading the headbands apart and use more tension by adjusting the transducer adjustment until you find a good fit.

Also try not spreading the headbands apart as well.

I find not spreading them apart gives me a  better seal.

A.

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #548 of 1,323
Try pushing them a little further back on your ears, like this:

This isn't my pic, someone else posted it in one of these DT1350 threads. I find that this provides a pretty good fit & seal.

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #551 of 1,323
So I just got a pair of these for nearly 1/2 the usual UK price on a whim, was very willing to resell if I didn't like...

Good initial impressions. Had them on my ear for ~2.5 hours, no discomfort, maybe I am just tolerant. Most obvious thing at the moment is the bass, it does indeed go low (I was very skeptical of this).

I just found this thread, I have been wearing them the same way as the picture above this post. Seems the natural position. 

(Source= Tera Player). 

Feb 15, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #553 of 1,323
  So I just got a pair of these for nearly 1/2 the usual UK price on a whim, was very willing to resell if I didn't like...

Good initial impressions. Had them on my ear for ~2.5 hours, no discomfort, maybe I am just tolerant. Most obvious thing at the moment is the bass, it does indeed go low (I was very skeptical of this).

I just found this thread, I have been wearing them the same way as the picture above this post. Seems the natural position. 

(Source= Tera Player). 

I love the sub-bass they produce.  I'm still looking for a full-size can that sounds like the DT1350.   The T5p gets close...but its not quite there. 

Feb 16, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #554 of 1,323
Finally jumped on the beyerdynamic bandwagon. Just grabbed a pair off amazon for $170 which is half the normal retail price here in Australia. The last portables I tried were the akg q460 and momentum on ear and didnt really like either of them so im looking forward to hearing these babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back