The Basshead Club
Feb 22, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #9,272 of 11,286

Beautiful bass to mid sound. Best Bass quality I have heard. After 5 minutes right speaker flutters and stops. tapping on right cup brings it back fluttering. On an iphone/ipod or cowon it's toast. I never even amped it.

What a depressing experience

that sucks, time to return

how is the quantity on the q40 ampless? nowhere near enough?

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #9,273 of 11,286

that sucks, time to return

how is the quantity on the q40 ampless? nowhere near enough?

The first 5 minutes were really awesome. I was planning on letting it play a bassy song for a while at a moderate volume before I tried to introduce it to an amp.

After hearing the shrill screaching highs on a Hfi 580 ......these Q40 sounded wonderful. I am so far beyond pissed. I almost ordered a new fiio cable and alpha dog pads for these.

If i tap the right cup it comes in distorted and only gives any sound if I tap the cup. 

I'm going through the stages of grief.....this sucks.

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #9,274 of 11,286
Its a shame you got a bad pair, try getting a replacement. They are definitely amazing cans.

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #9,276 of 11,286
I am gonna ask for an exchange (I'm in the denial stage of grief?)

Questions.....

1. Can these cans even take an amp? Seriously? I didn't even amp them and the riight side basically evaporated. These musta been made in 2007? The sticker said 2013 and the plastic wrap said 2013 but the dust all over the box after unwrapped and the driver dissolving says old.

What a spectacular fail. 

It played like an angel for enough moments to try again but do these REALLY take amp?? I have a FiiO e12......is this gonna take that??

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #9,277 of 11,286
Am sorely tempted to get alpha pads for my pair too, but $60 is almost what I paid for them :L

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #9,278 of 11,286

Questions.....

1. Can these cans even take an amp? Seriously? I didn't even amp them and the riight side basically evaporated. These musta been made in 2007? The sticker said 2013 and the plastic wrap said 2013 but the dust all over the box after unwrapped and the driver dissolving says old.

What a spectacular fail. 

It played like an angel for enough moments to try again but do these REALLY take amp?? I have a FiiO e12......is this gonna take that??

definitely, considering a few ppl amp them up hard with bass. i know the two biggest q40 supporters i see in every thread/page (lol) rpgwizard uses zo2.1 and orgeonian double amps with zo + e11. just a defective pair most likely.

hope mine isnt defective becos i have absolutely no way to get my money back lol. there are no distributors in my country.

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #9,280 of 11,286

Questions.....

What a spectacular fail. 

Perhaps it's the cable? 

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #9,281 of 11,286
Yes, they can handle amps without issues. The power didn't blow the driver. Try fiddling with the cable first. If it's not the cable then the driver was just defective. Great cans but they don't seem to check the drivers.

Feb 23, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #9,282 of 11,286
I read all about the cable so I was prepared. I had the beats extra cord (very small tip fit nice) and another.  The original cord needed to be pushed sideways to get both channels. That's ridiculous right out of the box. It was screwed in completely btw. 

The right side driver was not suffering intermittent signals.
I have experience with driver failure of all sizes. This was a physically distorted driver. Not intermittent signal reception.

It was a fluke? I read about this happening on Amazon but that's troll/fanboy city so I don't connect it but it happened within minutes to that person. Hard to believe when I read it but it happened to me within minutes. I was beside myself. I took deep breaths. Relaxed. methodically switched out various combos of sources and cables and it (the right side driver was goner)

Feb 23, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #9,283 of 11,286
mad.gif
Quote:
Yes, they can handle amps without issues. The power didn't blow the driver. Try fiddling with the cable first. If it's not the cable then the driver was just defective. Great cans but they don't seem to check the drivers.

For the brief few minutes it had the nicest 20-120Hz slope I have ever heard out of any can ever.
How in the fuuu do they not fix that little driver wire just waiting to get yanked out of the cup/better cushions/driver issue,failure,vibration. Talk about a gem in the rough. It's an amazing price /performance ratio that would be all over google (i found a couple youtube reviews) but not near as many as ath m50 which this briefly blew away. M-Audio has issues with responding to customers according to this site. Throw a little quality control on these and you got a legend. Fuuu the ath m50 This woould stomp that ass if they just put a bit of energy in the right places. 

Does ANYONE who heard these and the ath m50 feel the m50 to be superior? no way but the rep for quality might be killing this gorgeous sounding set of cans.

I am SO PISSED!!
Is anyone from M-Audio on this site??

EDIT
Well Amazon jp has no more so I'm getting a refund not new cans..........rrrrrr
mad.gif

Feb 23, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #9,284 of 11,286
I'm not a diehard bass head as I have a number of bass light cans for particular reasons, but I do love to listen to my edm with heavier bass usually - even if I change it up with some electronic on detail/soundstage oriented cans.

I own a Fostex TH600, LCD2 and JVC DX1000. Hardly the heaviest bass ever but I do love sub bass rumble and the pulse of edm. The lcd2 is definitely weakest in quantity among them.

I should be trying/getting a Signature DJ in about a month mainly for portable use with my fiio x3.

Are there any other flagship bass beasts I'm not aware of? I know the D7100 is not too well received.

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #9,285 of 11,286
AKAI....good mixing audiophile brand in Japan.

I might pull the trigger on this...anyone heard?

Actually they have a new model being released on Friday and they look like this

http://akai-pro.jp/mpc-headphones/

50mm drivers 
Gun metal aluminum

Worth a shot. They make Mixing equipment so i gotta assume they got some clue.

They look like a Beats Pro clone only cheaper and probably better made. **fingers crossed**

This could be O.K.....or awesome.

MPC HEADPHONES main function of>
frequency response tuning and ■ high quality 
■ 50mm powerful driver adopted a neodymium magnet 
over-ear design using a cushion with a ■ high-quality 
feeling of sealing to block ■ noise 
sturdy body of aluminum and steel are ■ gunmetal processing 
■ 1/4 "adapter included , also supports standard stereo jack to stereo mini-jack 
■ microphone built-in communications cable included 
The code can be installed from the ■ right and left side 
■ Carton Size: (W × D × H) 255 × 125 × 255mm 
■ Weight: Approximately 383 g 
■ carton (including body weight) about 1.08kg: weight

<Accessories>
■ MPC headphone 
carrying case ■ 
■ 1/4 "inch (6.3mm) adapter included audio cable 
■ Built-in microphone Communication Cable 
■ Manual

<Technical Specifications>
■ characteristic frequency response: 12 Hz-24 kHz 
■ Maximum SPL: 115dB @ 1 kHz 
■ Impedance: 16ohm 
■ Cable: 1/8 inches by 6.8 feet (3.5mm) connector (2.1m)

AKAI Professional page http://akai-pro.jp/
and mark Japan Co., Ltd. News Corporation 
as a member of the group inMusic, products of each brand Numark, AKAI professional, Alesis, ION Audio, ALTO professional, M-Audio, the SONiVOX I perform imports to Japan domestic sales, and support. http://www.numark.co.jp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back