The Basshead Club
Feb 19, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #9,256 of 11,286
Just to share...not headphone but extreme listening memories..

They (IASCA) techs..
You sit and wait in your car and they will eventually dive into the passengers seat with earplugs or over ear noise killing headcups. they got a dB meter on a rig. They lean a padded pole over your dash and point it at your windshield, the other dude quickly leans in and measures from the windshield to the mic (1-3"??)
The guy adjusts it firmly in that spot while the tape measure guy clears out.

The mic guy looks at you and gives you the thumbs up with a questioning look (you ready)...exchange thumbs up, he gives you the 3,2,1 countdown using his fingers and on 1 you blast your 53Hz (mine) signal for 3-5 seconds. He looks at his rig and gives a thumbs up and disappears.

Was the uber coolness but he never spoke and noted my ear's were naked and pointed at em. I shrugged my shoulders. <<<<moron

I later figured if the sanctioning body was determining that the best point to measure the highest dB was a reflection off the windshield then maybe thats why only my left ear lost hearing temporarily as it was next to the driver window.

Awesome memories but supreme proof of the folly of youth. That/Those IASCA guys musta thought/looked at me like I was crazy...nope just dumb and young.

Protect your ears. Live and learn. If somebody says hello from my left side out of eye range( behind me)  I usually miss them and they think I'm being an *******?...No i just can't hear you bro.

Right side? We good to go!!

Ordered the Q 40 last night. Wanna common can with some of ya'll. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #9,257 of 11,286
So, just when I was about to give up on the Denons C300's, I tried the comply tips and to my surprise, they fit and now they don't sound "dark", or as if the treble is recessed. They sound quite lovely. Using them from Cowon J3 -> FiiO E18 with bass boost on and some EQ.

Dat bass.

Huge.

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #9,258 of 11,286
  So, just when I was about to give up on the Denons C300's, I tried the comply tips and to my surprise, they fit and now they don't sound "dark", or as if the treble is recessed. They sound quite lovely. Using them from Cowon J3 -> FiiO E18 with bass boost on and some EQ.

Dat bass.

Huge.

Tips make SUCH a difference. 

As for IEM's, I still haven't found any that can top the Atrio MG7. They're my reference point for IEM's at this point. 

Feb 20, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #9,259 of 11,286

As for IEM's, I still haven't found any that can top the Atrio MG7. They're my reference point for IEM's at this point. 

Bass reference - YES!
Rest - crap... Ok, maybe I'm too brutal, but the harsh upper mids kill everything for me. That's a real pitty, because I love their bass...

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #9,260 of 11,286

Bass reference - YES!
Rest - crap... Ok, maybe I'm too brutal, but the harsh upper mids kill everything for me. That's a real pitty, because I love their bass...

LOL, when I say reference, I mean basshead refs, yeah. I think the mids/uppers are just fine on them, but just in terms of supporting the low end. 

Feb 21, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #9,266 of 11,286

Using a cheap HK$80 (~US$10) cable bought in some HK shop and it works perfectly fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back