The Basshead Club
Jul 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #2,236 of 11,286
THe BeyerDynamic DT990 has very strong bass & trebe. I wonder why only the DT770 is on the list?

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #2,237 of 11,286
same here, i was sooo happy to find this thread as i wanted to buy the dt990 as i've read somewhere else that these headphones have a very strong bass. now i don't know which headphones to buy anymore... i listen a lot to hardcore (electornical),hardstyle, jumpstyle, tekstyle music, also rap music (and a bit of country :p)

i have a budget of max 350euro, i don't know what to choose, if anyone can help me out that'd be great :wink:

Jul 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #2,238 of 11,286
Quote:
Attention fellow bassheads, here's an interesting pair of rather new headphones (entered the market at around November last year) no1 seems to know anything about, any1 willing to do the community a favor? :p

http://www.reloop.com/reloop-rhp-20

Appearently it's bassheavy from a few comments scattered around the net and they appearently seems to not be too bad, youtube users are very questionable but one person thought it sounded a little better than Pioneer HDJ-2000 that most agree are slightly overpriced sound wise. Otherwise they are circumaural design with memory foam pads so comfort should be excellent and at least hinges or the area around it is made of aluminium (but I suspect hybrid metal/plastic design but yea who knows) and the headband of hard rubber so they should be rather durable too. Also comes with detachable cord but it's using mini-XLR connectors to the headphones so it's a bit unusual.

The street price varies a bit but cheapest seems to be around 160~$170 or so maybe which looks very reasonable if it delivers on the SQ front too. It seems to be quite new in the market, who knows, it could be a hidden gem. ;p

I know specs aren't usually the most accurate but holy **** 3 Hz haha, that's same as for Sony XB700. :p Otherwise 110dB sensitivity and 25 ohms impedance is quite striking too, these should be easy driven.

I managed to audition the RHP20 today, and they were really quite bass heavy. In fact, they were rather boomy. Bass quantity seemed to be on par with the AKG 518 DJ, and certainly bassier than the Klipsch Image One and Denon HP700, which I all tested at the same time. I wish I had more time with the RHP20, but alas, I was rather pressed for time - my fiance was giving me *that* look! :D

Off hand, I think it sounds something like an LP2 - loud, boomy and muddy at times. It's certainly one for the bassheads.. I'll probably have a go at it again soon. :)

Jul 5, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #2,239 of 11,286
Quote:
same here, i was sooo happy to find this thread as i wanted to buy the dt990 as i've read somewhere else that these headphones have a very strong bass. now i don't know which headphones to buy anymore... i listen a lot to hardcore (electornical),hardstyle, jumpstyle, tekstyle music, also rap music (and a bit of country :p)

i have a budget of max 350euro, i don't know what to choose, if anyone can help me out that'd be great :wink:

I would suggest waiting a few weeks, at least for the release in the US, of the V-Moda M-100.

Jul 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #2,241 of 11,286
Ohhhh this looks like the place I need to start hanging out. I lub me some bass. 
biggrin.gif

I got my Pro 900s at about noon today. Since then, I have put about 8 hours into the burn in, decided to spend even more money and get an E17, put my old gear up for sale, and pissed off my dad. "You're gunna go deaf" he says. Silly dad. 
tongue.gif

I've also spent a good bit of the day EQing these things (like 6 out of the 8 hours). I moved the treble down quite a bit, but I expect to be able to bring it back up a tad as they burn in.

These things respond to EQ tweaks really efficiently. I was surprised.
I emphasized the sub-bass more which, at first, muddy'd up with the mid bass. But, upon bringing down the mid-bass, it cleared up nicely. The mid-bass is still completely solid, but the sub stands out just hair more now. Me likey.
I noticed that when I brought the mid-bass down a little, the mid-range frequencies were a bit more prominent. So, I gave them just a teeny bump and now the whole mid-range stands out better and keeps its detail. I don't want to look at the treble ranges right now, though, haha. They don't sound bad, by any means, they were just being kind close sounding and shrill. And that will settle down with burn in, especially since it's the low-end treble that's killing me, not the highs, so I expect to raise up those ranges after a while.
However, I don't really expect I'll be adjusting the bass and mid ranges with burn in. If anything, they'll just sound better.

My ears hurt. I should take a break.

Jul 8, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #2,242 of 11,286
Quote:
Ohhhh this looks like the place I need to start hanging out. I lub me some bass. 
biggrin.gif

I got my Pro 900s at about noon today. Since then, I have put about 8 hours into the burn in, decided to spend even more money and get an E17, put my old gear up for sale, and pissed off my dad. "You're gunna go deaf" he says. Silly dad. 
tongue.gif

Welcome, welcome, to the basshead club; it's a bit quiet around here these days, though. :)

And yeah, the PRO 900 is a very good can for EDM. How's the synergy with the E17? Is it better than the E11 (if you have one).

Btw, where's everyone? :xf_eek:

Jul 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #2,243 of 11,286
Quote:

Welcome, welcome, to the basshead club; it's a bit quiet around here these days, though. :)

And yeah, the PRO 900 is a very good can for EDM. How's the synergy with the E17? Is it better than the E11 (if you have one).

Btw, where's everyone? :xf_eek:

I don't have the E17 yet. I'm currently using the E10. It sounds fine, I suppose. But, the bass boost switch destroys the SQ.
Oh, and I'm aware they are good for EDM. 
tongue.gif

Dubstep 
basshead.gif

Jul 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #2,244 of 11,286
Quote:
I don't have the E17 yet. I'm currently using the E10. It sounds fine, I suppose. But, the bass boost switch destroys the SQ.
Oh, and I'm aware they are good for EDM. 
tongue.gif

Dubstep 
basshead.gif

I didn't have a problem with medium and light EQ's with the E17 with bass. Only after you pass +4dB bass did my cans get problems

Jul 8, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #2,245 of 11,286
Quote:
I didn't have a problem with medium and light EQ's with the E17 with bass. Only after you pass +4dB bass did my cans get problems

They're starting to break in more now and it's sounding better. There's a lot more distinction and clarity between frequencies. I've been able to make further adjustments to the EQ and it's starting to sound really, really good.

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #2,246 of 11,286
Quote:
. "You're gunna go deaf" he says. Silly dad.
tongue.gif

You better listen to your dad :) Recently I almost destroyed my ears with  my new headphones. I so much loved how they sound, that at times I listened for hours bass-heavy music,  pushing them to the max I could stand  .. As a result I received a constant ringing in my ears - it continued a week and  started to decrease from yesterday, now  it is very low but still there  I hope I never have to hear that whistling sound again.

Jul 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #2,247 of 11,286
I think 1 hour with my AS-2's and the digiZoid ZO2 on RED will cause ringing for days. I've only done it for 10 minutes at a time the two or three times I've done it and man did my head feel weird not shaking when I stopped and turned the contour level to yellow.
Quote:
 You better listen to your dad :) Recently I almost destroyed my ears with  my new headphones. I so much loved how they sound, that at times I listened for hours bass-heavy music,  pushing them to the max I could stand  .. As a result I received a constant ringing in my ears - it continued a week and  started to decrease from yesterday, now  it is very low but still there  I hope I never have to hear that whistling sound again.

Jul 9, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #2,248 of 11,286
Will need very loud listening vol to get ringing from bass frequencies. Doubt 1 hr will cut it unless you're just cranking vol where overall vol is very very loud. I used to listen with very exploited EQ setup before I turned into a more serious headphone listener with my Sennheiser HD212 Pro which is probably up there with XB500 + ZO2 @ lvl 10 or so and probably used it like that for a year or two without noticing any ringing anytime but I've never liked cranking volume but bass volume has been quite loud in comparision tho, I think it showed like 65dB for mids/highs but like ~80dB when bass jumped in back then in the driver software for the kX Audio drivers for a SB Audigy card haha..

Remember the sub-strapped-to-the-head feeling giving a psychical feeling ear-tickling sensation especially with this track.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HQgN8OGzi4 - ahh those were the days :p Not wanting to go back to that tho as I prefer more quality over quantity bass these days.

Jul 10, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #2,249 of 11,286
Does anybody have experience with D2000 and HDJ2000? I'm looking to get either one of these soon, and I'd like to hear some opinions of them. I'll have an audition with them, but any thoughts would be helpful. :)

Jul 10, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #2,250 of 11,286
Quote:
Does anybody have experience with D2000 and HDJ2000? I'm looking to get either one of these soon, and I'd like to hear some opinions of them. I'll have an audition with them, but any thoughts would be helpful. :)

I have the HDJ2000, and had listened to the D2000 once.
The build quality of the HDJ2000 is better, more easy to carry but you gonna need an amp for it to make it shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back