The Basshead Club
Jun 27, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #2,221 of 11,286
Quote:
Please share more details on how they sound later :p Do you have perhaps experience with any of the headphones in my signature?

I've had the XB500, D1100, LP2, M50 and still own the HTF600.  I let these burn in for over 12 hours today at high volume.  Sounds much better than before.  Bass has tightened up and I was hearing some glare in the mids and those seem to have settled.  Highs sound better too.  Still, they are not all that impressive.  The bass reminds me of the LP2 the most.  It's thick and sort of muddies up everything at times.  It does mids a little better than the LP2's though.  I think the trebles still lacks sparkle.  All the phones mentioned are pretty much better sounding than these except for the LP2's.  I really couldn't get into those and these are quite similar.  The HTF600 sounds oodles better than these.  It is definitely a bass can which could be added to the list.  

Jun 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #2,223 of 11,286
Quote:
I've had the XB500, D1100, LP2, M50 and still own the HTF600.  I let these burn in for over 12 hours today at high volume.  Sounds much better than before.  Bass has tightened up and I was hearing some glare in the mids and those seem to have settled.  Highs sound better too.  Still, they are not all that impressive.  The bass reminds me of the LP2 the most.  It's thick and sort of muddies up everything at times.  It does mids a little better than the LP2's though.  I think the trebles still lacks sparkle.  All the phones mentioned are pretty much better sounding than these except for the LP2's.  I really couldn't get into those and these are quite similar.  The HTF600 sounds oodles better than these.  It is definitely a bass can which could be added to the list.  

OK thanks, I'll not bite on those then as I'm not a big fan of LP2 either due to the bass too textureless for my taste and also the uneven midrange, the resonance at 3.5kHz and too recessed highs. So if these Reloop are a bit similar as LP2 I know I won't like them. 

Jun 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #2,225 of 11,286
I'd Choose the HFI-580's, I have the 780's and really enjoy them, so I imagine there is more Bass on the 580's due to the 50mm driver.

Jun 27, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #2,226 of 11,286
Quote: Originally Posted by Prakhar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey Guys,
Between Beats Pros, Crossfade LP2a and Ultrasone HFI580s, which ones would you take regardless of price?

Can't really compare with the Beats Pros, since I haven't had a lot of listening time on them. However, I'd take the HFI 580 against the LP2 - the bass is a lot more controlled and detailed, and the the rest of the sound isn't sacrificed for the sake of pushing more beats.

Jun 28, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #2,227 of 11,286
Quote:

OK thanks, I'll not bite on those then as I'm not a big fan of LP2 either due to the bass too textureless for my taste and also the uneven midrange, the resonance at 3.5kHz and too recessed highs. So if these Reloop are a bit similar as LP2 I know I won't like them. 

Okay.  I got another 12+ hours of burn on these.  I'd say a total of 30 or so hours of aggressive burn and another 10 or so head time.  It could be placebo but I'm beginning to like these more and more.  The mids are actually quite good for a bass heavy phone.  The treble does lack some sparkle but I'm very sensitive to harshness and sibilance and these do not possess any of that which I appreciate.  I'm not much a believer in burn in since only a handful of headphones/iem's that I've owned really made a difference with significant burn in but this set has changed quite a bit with it.  Vocals actually sound very good and doesn't get drowned by the bass as it did with LP2 and D1100.  The bass is punchy but is still thick like the LP2 but doesn't get overly bloated like the D1100.  On certain tracks it gets the sub-bass rumble but not quite as deep as the XB500's.  I do not use eq and I'm listening straight out of the Fiio E9+E10.  It is definitely a bass can and doesn't possess the best bass I've heard but I think I'll end up keeping these because unlike the Denon's, V-Moda's and XB500's, I can listen to these for awhile and still enjoy them strictly based on sound.  Another plus is that they are comfortable and look sleek.  The real leather is a very nice touch.  

Jul 1, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #2,231 of 11,286
I want to share with everyone something new about my ZO2. I recently became an owner of Aurisonics AS-2 prototypes, which are using the same driver as the AS-1's (which is a 15mm Driver in a CIEM. I sent my ZO2 in to pair better with the Dual BA's in the AS-2's that are used for tweeters and they told me they had given me the latest generation of the PCB board for the ZO2.3. I have only put about 3-4 hours of use on the new board and man am i impressed. Their is no more hiss, so the pairing is wonderful. The AS-2 prototypes are tuned to be more or less neutral, yet powerful in their presentation of music, making for a great powerful and punchy bass normally. Then you take the ZO2.3 and put it on green or yellow, which is little to no bass boosting at all. THe bass just hits you in the face and makes you want more. So I turned it up to orange and then eventually to red. What I heard I can only describe as a concert in my head. I saw the artist Big Gigantic in concert last weekend and then I took a listen with the ZO2.3 and AS-2 combination and i was getting the same type of effect. The contour level at Red made my heart tremble from the bass as it shook my head constantly as well. The best part was that i was still hearing the mids and highs perfectly clear. The bass even on Red hardly touched the other levels and it was eargasm after eargasm as i had ridiculously mind numbing bass and amazing mids and highs to go with it. everything was amazingly clear and both these products are absolutely wonderful. I highly recommend the ZO2 even if you dont want to bass boost since for a low end device it's a fun device to have around. and then the AS-2's when they come out later this month will be something to behold in awe. I've been hearing some great stuff for the last month and a half and can't wait for everyone to hear what i've been hearing.

Jul 1, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #2,233 of 11,286
yes, as far as i'm aware. I would only buy from digizoid directly if possible so as to ensure you get the new board, but that being said, if not already, then soon all retailers will only have the new PCB board. When I had my original 2.3 PCB board, i hated the sound the first 10 hours, this one i had no idea until i emailed digizoid that it was a new board and pre-burn in
Quote:
So if you buy a new ZO you receive the one with the new pcb board?

Jul 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #2,234 of 11,286
Quote:
yes, as far as i'm aware. I would only buy from digizoid directly if possible so as to ensure you get the new board, but that being said, if not already, then soon all retailers will only have the new PCB board. When I had my original 2.3 PCB board, i hated the sound the first 10 hours, this one i had no idea until i emailed digizoid that it was a new board and pre-burn in

Great info there, now I got curious haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back