The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Feb 2, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #5,941 of 7,138
YEP Love Ophidian/Enzyme

and others old school house hard core

Oh man awesome - me and you are going to get along just fine. 
wink_face.gif

But I think Ophidians old stuff (with Ruffneck) is better than his new stuff.

Feb 2, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #5,942 of 7,138
DefQon.1 festival in the Netherlands !!!!:popcorn:

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #5,944 of 7,138
If some have a lyr with lcd2, do you have hum or hiss issues ?

I'd like to get a decent (not to expensive) tubes amp mine is bass lacking and hiss like a :deadhorse:

And as I asked before it takes E188CC (I have some) in my Musical infidelity

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #5,945 of 7,138
If some have a lyr with lcd2, do you have hum or hiss issues ?

I'd like to get a decent (not to expensive) tubes amp mine is bass lacking and hiss like a
deadhorse.gif

And as I asked before it takes E188CC (I have some) in my Musical infidelity

my lyr lcd2 was dead silent, a nice match

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #5,946 of 7,138
upgradis syndrome
I guess I have to give a try to check if I notice an improvement

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #5,947 of 7,138
DefQon.1 festival in the Netherlands !!!!:popcorn:

Good stuff saving money for Amsterdam.

In Sydney, Australia too :)

Yeah but one we have is schit, i went to the one in 2010 and black stage was a disappointment apart from Ruffneck/Ophidian and I think it was Neophyte there. To experience real EDM festivals you need to go to Belgium for Tomorrowland and Qdance, DefQon, Masters of Hardcore, Rotterdam hardcore, Qontrol, Qbase, Ground Zero etc in Amsterdam for the perfect experience.

Feb 2, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #5,948 of 7,138
tomorowland that festival is just woaaa if you like techno, amazing

I'm from near Belgium, raised with Boccaccio life and cherry moon

Feb 2, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #5,949 of 7,138
  Actually if you refer to FR of the HD800 it is most transparent to what problems you have with your source and reveals every bit of flaws and anomalies with the recording. Tyll recommends them monitoring and they are finicky with amplification. The only slight bad thing about them is the 5-6k treble peak can be remedied with amplification. LCD2's on the other hand while natural sounding I would not say entirely neutral as it has it's own lot of flaws with sound. From what it sounds like the LCD-X is the neutral take on the LCD2, LCD3 and LCDXC.

By exactly how many decibels should my amplifier attenuate 5-6Khz in order to neutralise this treble flaw.

Or should I get a neutral amp and find a dac to attenuate ...or a combination of compromise?  Where can I purchase such an amplifier in or dac in order to fix this treble fault.

That's fine and you're entitled to your own opinion but don't make it sound like it as if it is fact which is commonly used on these boards.

Funny thing is I can't do that with the LCD2's but can with any other headphone not carrying a dark sound signature or maybe you've only heard them briefly. LCD's also need to be cranked up more on volume due to it's laid back nature.

Summit-Fi begs to differ.  But I like Senheisser - they gave me the HD650 and for that they deserve not to go bankrupt.

* Couldn't say the same for STAX - I wonder why?

Feb 2, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #5,950 of 7,138
You don't find an amp that attenuates a fix in volume to fix a flaw just a pick one that is not the same sound sig as the HD800's. The Stratus is a good start, some say the Crack but I'm sure on this.

Feb 2, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #5,952 of 7,138
Good stuff saving money for Amsterdam.
Yeah but one we have is schit, i went to the one in 2010 and black stage was a disappointment apart from Ruffneck/Ophidian and I think it was Neophyte there. To experience real EDM festivals you need to go to Belgium for Tomorrowland and Qdance, DefQon, Masters of Hardcore, Rotterdam hardcore, Qontrol, Qbase, Ground Zero etc in Amsterdam for the perfect experience.

Ya, Amsterdam seems like the schiit for EDM festivals/events
Crowd is pretty bad in Oz, feel that most of ppl aren't there for the music if you know what I mean... especially at Stereo 2013

Feb 2, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #5,954 of 7,138

Oh the backstage nightmares on this gig..

Good fun, but I stayed away from the crowd whenever possible. 

LOL, well it seemed like everything went well in the technical department. 

Avoided a lot of the shirtless, roided up people... felt like they weren't the most friendly people lol - just stuck with the trance family at Kabuki mostly :D
Also went to the main stage for the big acts, all the feels when Armin played
Ahhhh, memories ;_;

Feb 2, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #5,955 of 7,138
Given that I'm friends with some of these type of people, the young, roided up, OMG BRO IM FULLY SIC I LIFT 50KG's, VL TURBOS BRO sort of folks, they don't know schit about music/artist and are simply at these events for the sheer sensation of being try hard's and annoying pricks and trying to impress there mates by flexing there biceps every now and then while dancing like chicken schit robots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back