The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Feb 2, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #5,927 of 7,138
   Also I think you mean producers not dj's but that is being nit picky. 

He was referring to DJ's that also produce - and which cans they use when producing. 

I know few of the worlds best EDM DJ's use the HD800's for mastering and such. I know 3 local sound recording engineers that setup gigs for massive events use the HD800's as well as monitors for mastering, one of them I know personally from while back and measured my modded rev.1's. 

I've never seen HD600's in studios.

"Not with the guys I've worked with over the years" doesn't mean "it doesn't happen". For live gigs, people either use customs or DT770s anyway, mostly. I've seen people use HD25ii in studios, and live. At the end of the day, It doesn't really matter, if it's a signature you are accustomed to, then you'll work best with it. As you said, it's better to have a number of references (monitors) anyway, and not just rely on one sound signature for your work.

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #5,928 of 7,138

What did you see besides the 600's? AKG's are the only other ones I can think of.

Oddly enough, a lot of Audio technica and Beyer Dynamic. But I deal with mostly live stuff anyway 
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #5,931 of 7,138
if you look up those trailer videos about upcoming video games with video game designers talking about their game, you will often see akgs, audio-technica, or sennheiser headphones on their headphones. I think the titanfall trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAjBRbL1iWk) had a lot of interesting headphone choices on designer's desks background or ears.

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #5,933 of 7,138
Just received my new Lcd 2.2 bamboo,
When I listen to music I find myself looking for details what is good !!
Great cans !

LCD2 are presented as bass king so I try to find answer to questioning :

I have a lake people g100 it is a solid state amp (very neutral)

It brings at 60 ohms

2053 pa (mw)
11.1 ua (v)
23 ua dbu

Is it enough power ?, I feel less bass slams and quantity than with the he400's

I'm wondering if it would be useful to change the amplification

some advices would be great

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #5,934 of 7,138
HE-400's have more bass than LCD2's. 

But LCD2's sound quality is another level of whip cream the HE-400 cannot compete with.

If you want big bang boom boom bass, hook LCD2 to vintage integrated amp and turn up that bass dial to 5 ' O clock position boy!.

Feb 2, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #5,936 of 7,138
Thanks
The only problem is the room I have for the amp, my set up is with my p.c and the amp on my desk

Something like schiit lyr dimensions would be ok (but with no hiss or hum :ksc75smile:)

Feb 2, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #5,940 of 7,138
Calm your t i ts bro I was blazing so I'm bit out of my usual self.

@Tonton Jok: Ophidian/Enzyme fan?

YEP Love Ophidian/Enzyme

and others old school house hard core

Users who are viewing this thread

Back