The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Feb 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #4,037 of 7,138
You´re not alone. Mentioned numerous times by several users. It´s partly dependent on the size of your head and positioning of your ears. I.e. there is no magic fix - except changing head shape - or tilt the headphone more forward.
Quote:
Unrelated to the sound, but does anyone else have a problem with the headband applying pressure to a single point of the top of the skull and causing a great deal of discomfort after a while?  For me, it seems like the stitching crevice where there is 0 padding the exact spot where it contacts my head...

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #4,038 of 7,138
hmmm, it's like if there was a padding bubble right in the top instead of the crevice it would be fine.  I tried to slightly bend the headband so it would distribute the weight move evenly across my head but it didn't seem to cooperate too well.  Maybe my last resort is finding some kind of padding in can add to it.

Feb 15, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #4,039 of 7,138
Perhaps you can contact Audeze and see if they have any of the older foam headbands left, or maybe put up a trade ad for the old/new headband swap. I'm quite sensitive to headband pressure myself (which is why I could never live with M50, SRH840, etc, and cut the bumps off the K701) but I never had such problems with my old LCD-2 rev 1's.

Unrelated to the sound, but does anyone else have a problem with the headband applying pressure to a single point of the top of the skull and causing a great deal of discomfort after a while?  For me, it seems like the stitching crevice where there is 0 padding the exact spot where it contacts my head...

Feb 15, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #4,040 of 7,138
Quote:
hmmm, it's like if there was a padding bubble right in the top instead of the crevice it would be fine.  I tried to slightly bend the headband so it would distribute the weight move evenly across my head but it didn't seem to cooperate too well.  Maybe my last resort is finding some kind of padding in can add to it.

My suggestion is to send sankar an email and ask him how you can make it work. Sankar is very helpful and more than likely will have a solution for you instead of modding or altering you headband he may have the right and easy fix for you,

Feb 16, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #4,041 of 7,138
The stock cable on the LCD 2.2 is excellent. Unlike the he500 this one does not require replacement IMO hiwever I will be reviewing the Cable and the higher end Reveire which is a 640.00 list cable to see how high the LCD 2.2 can really go. The cable were sent to me yesterday so after couple weeks to burn them in and some critical listening I will post the reviews on the Freedom cable a 219.00 offering and the mighty flagship. Looking foward to listening to Ted Paisley excellent casbles as I enjoyed the Freedom with the hE500.

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #4,042 of 7,138
FYI the Reverie is a Q with a lower strand count and stiffer jacket... not something I'd pay twice the price for :wink:

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #4,043 of 7,138
Guys, I think I just won at audio..

Just pure sonic bliss. It's 6:41AM and I just stayed up and listened to Yngwie Malmsteen all night with this.. 

Needless to say after weeks of asking which was the best to buy, even a tip from Currawong himself just to grab the Gungnir and go for it, I am more than happy with my purchase.

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #4,044 of 7,138
Quote:
The stock cable on the LCD 2.2 is excellent. Unlike the he500 this one does not require replacement IMO hiwever I will be reviewing the Cable and the higher end Reveire which is a 640.00 list cable to see how high the LCD 2.2 can really go. The cable were sent to me yesterday so after couple weeks to burn them in and some critical listening I will post the reviews on the Freedom cable a 219.00 offering and the mighty flagship. Looking foward to listening to Ted Paisley excellent casbles as I enjoyed the Freedom with the hE500.

For the HE-500, you're talking about the Canare one ? Because mine is a silver cable which is pretty fine actually.

Feb 16, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #4,048 of 7,138
Cable is ok, but those connectors...Fang's a frackin' non smart decision maker idiot for going the SMC route.

Feb 16, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #4,049 of 7,138
Quote:
Cable is ok, but those connectors...Fang's a frackin' non smart decision maker idiot for going the SMC route.

Are there any other notable headphones that use these SMC connectors?

Feb 16, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #4,050 of 7,138
Quote:
Are there any other notable headphones that use these SMC connectors?

I can't recall any notables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back