The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Feb 12, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #4,022 of 7,138
Quote:
hey, just received my first lcd-2 rev 2 (rosewood) from justin of headamp.com. they are just beautiful, sounds great! (i'm coming from DT880). and above all, justin was just a pleasure to do business with. 

That's great looking wood. But what's the sticker on the headband for? It looks like a pictogram saying you should not to throw the headphone in the garbage bin. They used to put a sticker with a serial number there.

The LCD2 just arrived. Kudos to Justin for his quick shipping  yesterday. What are the hours need for these to open up? I assume about 100 hrs. What were the biggest difference you heard after that time frame?

Mine are from 2010, and they already sound amazing.

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #4,023 of 7,138
Quote:

That's great looking wood. But what's the sticker on the headband for? It looks like a pictogram saying you should not to throw the headphone in the garbage bin. They used to put a sticker with a serial number there.

hah it is! mine's got one. I noticed it just in time a few weeks ago, was just about to throw them in the bin after an Adele song came on the radio and soiled my LCD2's (not a fan)... Then I seen the sticker
eek.gif

The serial number sticker is on the other side.

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #4,024 of 7,138
X2 on the wood.  Nice!
Quote:
hey, just received my first lcd-2 rev 2 (rosewood) from justin of headamp.com. they are just beautiful, sounds great! (i'm coming from DT880). and above all, justin was just a pleasure to do business with. 

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #4,025 of 7,138
Any idea's as to what mod's I should to my pair aesthetically? I might stain them like Lugbug did but iuno, take the drivers out and make a tray to roll ortho drivers between the T50 drivers and stock? Mine don't get much listen time so feel like pulling it apart. Pretty much Stax these days. Might mod the grill as there is some resonating issues with it.

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #4,026 of 7,138
Quote:
Any idea's as to what mod's I should to my pair aesthetically? I might stain them like Lugbug did but iuno, take the drivers out and make a tray to roll ortho drivers between the T50 drivers and stock? Mine don't get much listen time so feel like pulling it apart. Pretty much Stax these days. Might mod the grill as there is some resonating issues with it.

If you are serious..? I'd have a go playing with the wood. I love the look of mine now and you can't really do that much damage applying a bit woodstain. I personally wouldn't touch the drivers though.. It'll void the warranty if you want to sell em.

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #4,027 of 7,138
Pretty sure any modification voids the warranty.

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #4,028 of 7,138
Quote:
Pretty sure any modification voids the warranty.

The wood has a separate warranty that's only 1 year if I remember correct. But the drivers etc is 3 year. 

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #4,029 of 7,138
Don't think of them separately in regards to modifications. That is only for normal non-modded usage.

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #4,030 of 7,138
Quote:
Don't think of them separately in regards to modifications. That is only for normal non-modded usage.

Yeah I hear what you are saying. Just I think that any varnishing/waxing you do to the wood won't affect your warranty if a driver blows. On the other hand if you've never touched the wood but used them to play table tennis with... Don't think they'd play ball. If you know what I mean :wink:

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #4,031 of 7,138
Mine are already out of warranty. Even if I damage it somehow it's not a big loss at least for me. Enough chit chat, as I do with almost all my headphones, these will be disassembled with pictures to boot. Although I really don't want to damage the wooden housing.

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #4,032 of 7,138
Quote:
Mine are already out of warranty. Even if I damage it somehow it's not a big loss at least for me. Enough chit chat, as I do with almost all my headphones, these will be disassembled with pictures to boot. Although I really don't want to damage the wooden housing.

A word of caution
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/spectacularly-yummy-audeze-lcd-2-and-lcd-3-page-2

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyll

I didn't attempt to disassemble the drivers on these headphones as that can prove a rather calamitous affair (ask me how I know...RIP HE-6)

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #4,033 of 7,138
Quote:

A word of caution
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/spectacularly-yummy-audeze-lcd-2-and-lcd-3-page-2

Yeh I've gone through that before, I won't be disassembling the drivers itself, just disassembling it from the backplate mount it is bolted on in the wooden housing. Might also do something about dampening inside the enclosure. I will be the first to import a Fostex T50RP driver into the LCD2 enclosure.

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #4,034 of 7,138
Quote:

Mine are from 2010, and they already sound amazing.

Your point?

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #4,035 of 7,138
Unrelated to the sound, but does anyone else have a problem with the headband applying pressure to a single point of the top of the skull and causing a great deal of discomfort after a while?  For me, it seems like the stitching crevice where there is 0 padding the exact spot where it contacts my head...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back