The ATH-CKS1000..
Apr 29, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #286 of 582
Quote:
^ He wouldn't have seen it - different thread. Not /everyone/ stalks you lol

oh haha, i swear i posted it here, damn think i might need to ease off the booze as well. That Korean type that is.
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #287 of 582
Can anyone compare these to the JFV F700's? My right channel on my beloved GR07's is cutting out and im in need of a nice earphone. Will these be an upgrade to the GR07's? I find the GR07's lack excitement and an enveloping sound to my ears even though I have grown to really enjoy them.
So the question is FX700 over CKS1000 or the other way around? 

Apr 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #288 of 582
Apr 29, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #289 of 582
Quote:

I have to quote you above again, because you are describing so well what I am hearing. This ridiculously good bass, soundstage, imaging, layering etc that continues to blow me away. Completely immersed, engaged and I must add, enthralled by the sound signature.

Is this what higher end iems sound like? I assume so. I sure am happy that I followed yours and dsnuts' lead on this gem, because for the price, I can't believe what I am hearing.

Not essentially. Quite a few higher end phones strive for accuracy and strip away the immersive and engaging qualities. For me those are two qualities that are "X" factors. Higher end is sure to bring more quality in detail, extension, proper imaging, better dynamics, etc but engaging and immersion and even a realistic presentation are not guaranteed in an expensive phone nor absent in a lower one. Take my CKP200, which is my cheapest phone, but is best for it's presentation and things like engaging/being immersed. Close and clearly related to the CKN70 in that regard but a bit better. Also better than the XBA-40 as well which I find comes in third. The enjoyment factors are more subjective and certainly won't show up in the graphs which is why graphs are only valuable up to a point. There are phones that graph just like the one put forth for the CKS1000 but you wouldn't like the way they present things. The goal for many around here including myself is to find both sides of the coin; the enthralling sound that is also high quality technically. It ain't easy to get that balance.

Quote:
oh haha, i swear i posted it here, damn think i might need to ease off the booze as well. That Korean type that is.
biggrin.gif

That's okay we can just change "Master Troll" to "Drunk Troll".

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #290 of 582
Quote:
Uhn? What?

nuff said from the W/Rap sucks thread.

"Quote:

Ha! You are my split personality - good call lol! Seriously though, I wish someone would send you their 1k's to listen to and appreciate. Or, I wish that someone would send me their fxz200's to compare... :)

I completely agree, ericp should send his set to me cuz he just got those hybrid hipos or whatever they are called.  He gonna be too busy getting mind blown by them to appreciate these poorly graphed lowly single dynamics franken bolts anyways.

Sorry WAYNE these FXZ200s are too godly now after all that burn-in, they are too SPECTACULAR to leave my dirty lil' hands!!!
ksc75smile.gif
"

Quote:
Not essentially. Quite a few higher end phones strive for accuracy and strip away the immersive and engaging qualities. For me those are two qualities that are "X" factors. Higher end is sure to bring more quality in detail, extension, proper imaging, better dynamics, etc but engaging and immersion and even a realistic presentation are not guaranteed in an expensive phone nor absent in a lower one. Take my CKP200, which is my cheapest phone, but is best for it's presentation and things like engaging/being immersed. Close and clearly related to the CKN70 in that regard but a bit better. Also better than the XBA-40 as well which I find comes in third. The enjoyment factors are more subjective and certainly won't show up in the graphs which is why graphs are only valuable up to a point. There are phones that graph just like the one put forth for the CKS1000 but you wouldn't like the way they present things. The goal for many around here including myself is to find both sides of the coin; the enthralling sound that is also high quality technically. It ain't easy to get that balance.

That's okay we can just change "Master Troll" to "Drunk Troll".

^ jants you're a genius!!!
eek.gif
"Drunken Troll Master" boi!!! C'mon birdie work your magic. 

biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #291 of 582
Quote:

I completely agree, ericp should send his set to me cuz he just got those hybrid hipos or whatever they are called.  He gonna be too busy getting mind blown by them to appreciate these poorly graphed lowly single dynamics franken bolts anyways.

biggrin.gif

sfwalcer every time I send them to you they comeback to me unopened. The mailman said you mumbled something about not trusting anything that is from Chicago. So I've given up. I don't know why you hate Chicago so, but oh well. 
confused_face_2.gif
deadhorse.gif

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #292 of 582
Will not read jant71's words unless he puts them in a graph! 

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #293 of 582
Quote:

sfwalcer every time I send them to you they comeback to me unopened. The mailman said you mumbled something about not trusting anything that is from Chicago. So I've given up. I don't know why you hate Chicago so, but oh well. 
confused_face_2.gif
deadhorse.gif

Pissssssssssssssh whatcha talking 'bout. I love all things Chi-town. From MJ to Lupe, you name it i like it. It's not me, my mailman hates me cuz he is tired of trying to deliver 100000 sets of new iems to me on a weekly basis. I know i gots a problem.
redface.gif

But i'll stop buying for a week just to make an exception for those CKS1K of yours, c'mon........... you know the drill by now.

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #294 of 582
....but he was sending them to me first. Wait your turn!!!

Apr 29, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #296 of 582
Quote:
BACK OF THE LINE JANTS!!! nuff said.
tongue.gif

me thinks inks should get to hear these 1st don't ya' think??? You know he is dying to try these out.
wink_face.gif

What type of man do you thing I am?!! I would never torture Inks sensitive and elitist ears with these crappy earphones! FR gnomes are laughing at us! 
confused_face(1).gif

May 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #297 of 582
I'm so intrigued by these IEMs...is there any reason to get these over the IE8's? Does anyone know how these compare to MXW1's? Can they be run without a DAC from an iPod Classic?

May 5, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #298 of 582
I still find it ridiculous how good these sound. Completely different experience from my other iems.

3ternal: sorry, I'm not familiar with those iems . But the 1k's are very easy to drive.

May 19, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #300 of 582
Ink your graph's are ridiculous.  No real scientist would EVER have any opinion without actually HEARING the thing.  For your graph to have any weight you would have to do a burn in for 200 hours and I don't care if you think that is a waste of time.  If claims are made of quality after burn in...then your test would have to duplicate the claims, meaning BURN IN.  Now that's just step 1.  Step 2 is to put them in your ears and press play.  Seriously stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back