The ATH-CKS1000..
Dec 13, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #571 of 582
Just ordered a set of these from CDJapan website for £60 delivered.
Can anyone recommend a set of ear buds that i can buy in the UK ?
Also  can i run them in with my LG G3 phone ?
I plan to use these ear phones with my Sony NWZ F886.

Congrats mate, let us know if you get stung by customs charges or not. Are you using EMS?

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #573 of 582
Cheers.
Yes i went for the cheapest shipping and item marked Gift.
Lets hope they arrive Ok.
I have never ordered from that website before.

Ah okay, fingers crossed mate.

I've been wanting to order from CDJapan for a while but something anyways held me back.

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #575 of 582
Dam CDJapan have refunded my payment,they don't have stock.
Now looking for easy to run inear earphones for £60 ish.

Ah balls.

Take a look at the new soundmagic e50s mate. I've been eyeing then as well but it looks like I might get a good deal on the Ortofon e-Q5.

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #576 of 582
Ah balls.

Take a look at the new soundmagic e50s mate. I've been eyeing then as well but it looks like I might get a good deal on the Ortofon e-Q5.

Well Audio Technica 1000 headphones are back on.
I found them on eglobalcentral.co.uk for £73  and £10 postage with £5 discount code so £78 delivered.
I ordered 2 kindle paperwhites from them 2 weeks ago and received them so i know the website is good for ordering from.

Dec 20, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #577 of 582
Well Audio Technica 1000 headphones are back on.
I found them on eglobalcentral.co.uk for £73  and £10 postage with £5 discount code so £78 delivered.
I ordered 2 kindle paperwhites from them 2 weeks ago and received them so i know the website is good for ordering from.

Ah nice, I've actually ordered some OnePlus Icons since they are back in stock on UK site. Very intriguing IEMs.

Dec 20, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #578 of 582
I think people should investigate the new 770 and 990 since they are cheap and use the new dual magnetic 13mm driver most likely based from the previous 13mm in the CKS1000. CKS770 is $57 on CDjapan plus whatever shipping option one chooses. CKS990 is harder to find but under $100 before Tenso etc.

Usually it is always best to go with the new AT stuff over the older. The CKS1000 is a 2012 model and well before they really started doing better mids/vocals.

Oct 26, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #579 of 582
Pandemic makes me buy stuffs I don't need online. I brought a set of used (may be 10 years old and may be fake) ATHANC23, CKS1000LTD, CKS1000, CKS55 for mere $75 + ship on Mercari site. I justified this by convincing myself this must be a "reviewer set". Who would buy two identical CKS1000 and its limited edition twin?. P2 coming

Screenshot_20211026-085957_Trebuchet.png

Oct 26, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #580 of 582
Origin of these earphones? I will never know.
They looked like they had been collecting dusts for years.
How do they sound?
First, the ATH- ANC23 has a mini iPod size noise cancelation "box". Without NC on, the earphone sounded OK, may be slightly above average. With NC on, I did not hear a big difference in sound. Then I realize ANC23 is marketed as traveling (airplane) companion (cancel low freq sound?). OK. I could use one.
Second, the Cks55 sounded V-shaped with extra boost in bass (from the external bass chamber), but very pleasant. Great.
Lastly, CKS1000 and CKS1000LTD are identical in sound and design. LTD sports a bright red paint job and has a metal bass chamber. I couldn't tell if the CKS1000 is plastic or metal.
Both have a problem- the right side sound is lower. I tried to burn them in for 1 day. No change. Then I realized the cords came in two sections, the second section has a volume control dial. I removed the volume control section of the cord and tested the sound again. Problem fixed, mostly. I still " think" the sound on the right side is lower. Psychological? I think I need to replace these aged cords (10 years old?).
How do they sound? Great, just like the " reviews" in this thread. I am very happy with them, especially with the extra bass. I went out running with the LTD version and it drew a lot of attention, mainly because it stick out so far from my ears.

Overall. I lucked out with this purchase. Now onto the re-cabling project.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #581 of 582
Wow that is a deal if you got all that for $75. Dont know if you know but dynamics are making a huge comback. They are more popular now than they ever have. CKS1000 still own my set. Love them to bits.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #582 of 582
I accidentally found this deal while on a buying binge of Audio Dynamics cans. These 4 earphones are joining my recently purchased ATH-AD900X (open), ATH-A990Z (close), and ATH-ADG1X ( close gaming) cans.
I already have a harem of Blue headphones Ella, Lola, and Satellite.
I think I should take a break. Lola.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back