The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Apr 28, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #61 of 1,921

Quote:

They gave me a tracking number when they shipped the item. Just got them not even 30 mins ago, btw. Here's a really meh unboxing video I made. :p

Will watch now :)

Yeah I don't usually use eBay so am a noob. I've paid for them and all that, and have had confirmation from ebay. Did they email you when dispatch then? Probably will on Monday.

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #62 of 1,921

Quote:

Will watch now :)

Yeah I don't usually use eBay so am a noob. I've paid for them and all that, and have had confirmation from ebay. Did they email you when dispatch then? Probably will on Monday.

Yeah they'll e-mail you when they ship it. When it's shipped you can go to your eBay summary and under the item there should be your tracking number. :3

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask me, I'll do my best to answer to the best of my ability.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: These things are super comfortable and stylish. I think they look really sleek. The blue is kind of a translucent plastic over some metal, looks really nice.

Sound-wise with about an hour of use so far these sound similar to the ATH-M50s, but the mids are more forward and highs not as bright. Bass isn't as impactful but still hits with authority. If I were to rate the balance in a 100% scale I'd say so far these sound like 40% bass, 33% highs, 27% mids.

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #64 of 1,921

Quote:
how will the CKM500 do with electronic music? trance, new age, ambient?
or maybe you would recommend something else?

I don't really listen to trance, sorry. I'm more of a dubstep guy. xP

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #65 of 1,921
Burn them in and they balance out even further. The bass tightens up and the mids will become a bit more prominent. Highs even cleaner. Glad you got them Exprima..Once you get used to using these and when you go back to your M50 you will understand how unbalanced those are.. I prefer the highs on these CKM500 much more than than what is on the M50. The highs on the M50 are something else. Too exaggerated for my taste..

@kiteki..I know your sound preference and I think these will be a tad musical than what your preference is but I think you will enjoy these. These are essentially the upgrade to what was on the CKM77s and better balanced than the CKM99.

@german103. You want the CKS77 for EDM. Trust me on that one. These are great at trance as well but if you want the best EDM earphones period. The CKS77. check out that thread.

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #66 of 1,921

Quote:

Based on my personal in-store impressions with the CKM1000, I wouldn't plop down the money just to try it. My first impressions here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/575709/audio-technica-ck100-pro-ath-w3000anv/30#post_7903106. I've had subsequent test listens with the CKM1000, and I'm still not impressed with them for the price.

Wow, I didn't think you'd be this amazed with the CKM500. If you remember my first impressions in the CKM-family thread, I thought they were crisp/clear with full body and punch too. I really enjoy them but didn't know what I was listening to would be considered awesome by others too. 
ksc75smile.gif

The only thing that bugs me a little bit is the cord. I walk and commute via the subway everyday, and the somewhat stiff cord tends to be microphonic. I've been trying to find something to use as a shirt clip.

In deed my friend.. These are indeed excellent.. I have been burning them in every day since I got them and they sound wonderful.. These believe it or not have the best balance I have heard from AT to date.. The CKM99 come the closest to these but those have even more bass than these and the highs can get lively on those too so not as balanced. For the money these are it.  I eagerly await the CKM700 to see what they will do on the newest model.

That is disappointing about the CKM1000.. Oh well I hope the CKM700 turned out to be the better at a more reasonable price.

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #68 of 1,921
Can you guys recommend me some bi-flange tips that would fit these babies? Right now I'm using the spare I got from an Auvio set of tips that I got from Radioshack a while back. They're very comfortable but I don't really wanna spend another $10 on on pair of bi-flange tips and a bunch of tips that I don't want if I lose this pair.

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #69 of 1,921

Quote:
Can you guys recommend me some bi-flange tips that would fit these babies? Right now I'm using the spare I got from an Auvio set of tips that I got from Radioshack a while back. They're very comfortable but I don't really wanna spend another $10 on on pair of bi-flange tips and a bunch of tips that I don't want if I lose this pair.

just a tip for unboxings mate:
-Make it as short as possible
-Always point the camera to the box, not a wall
-No need to explain the product that much, if they are watching the video, its probably because they know of the product

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #73 of 1,921

Quote:

just a tip for unboxings mate:
-Make it as short as possible
-Always point the camera to the box, not a wall
-No need to explain the product that much, if they are watching the video, its probably because they know of the product

Lol sorry I was trying to film it with my laptop webcam so it was kinda hard to keep my hand in one place without showing myself. I'm a noob at that sorta stuff. :p

So any tips on the bi-flanges.

Been burning these overnight and they do sound quite a bit better now. Out of a 100% scale I'd say it's 40% bass, 30% highs, 30% bass. I'm really loving these with bi-flange tips, superb isolation and the IEMs themselves don't make as much contact with my ear like with single-flange tips (it kinda hurts my ears when worn for long periods with single-flanges, but it doesn't bother me at all with bi-flanges). These sound so good, damn. I won't say I like them better than my M50s as it's a different sound, but these are definitely awesome. The $87 I paid for it is a steal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back