The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Apr 23, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #16 of 1,921

Quote:
Bass is a thumbs up from me..Ya I think these would fit you more. While these are a notch below what is on the CKS earphones these aren't lacking at all in the bass end.. Very satisfactory sound. The Bass is all class..I have some bass tunes I try out all my earphones with and these hit every note with authority and the sub bass is excellent on these too..Get those blue ones. They look nice.. I have been collecting white earphones as of late.  White HJE355, white CKS55 and now these white CKM500..

The bass end is very close to the CKM50/ CKM99 but tighter. Improved.

That's great to hear. I was thinking maybe the CKS77's bass might be a bit much for me. I like a good kick in the bass but I don't want too much. I get paid on Friday, maybe I'll get these then. Woulda been nice if the CKM500 series had silver AT logos like the CKS series do, though. Silver on blue = sweetness.

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #17 of 1,921

Quote:

That's great to hear. I was thinking maybe the CKS77's bass might be a bit much for me. I like a good kick in the bass but I don't want too much. I get paid on Friday, maybe I'll get these then. Woulda been nice if the CKM500 series had silver AT logos like the CKS series do, though. Silver on blue = sweetness.

Ya let others know how you hear them I think you'll be impressed..

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #18 of 1,921
short cable is design for changable headphone for remotes and if you want to put the device in a shirt pocket. (radio and the old portable MD player only)

looks like I will have to test the ckm500 once it become common and cheaper in HK.

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #19 of 1,921
Lol! I didn't realize the extension is shorter on these they are 2ft instead of 3ft which makes them the standard 4ft from earphone to connector.  I was so focused on how these sound I didn't even pay attention to how long the extension is.

I know many may think I am posting many a earphones for threads. Believe me these are something to write about.. You all will see .These have the best of what is on the CKM earphones to date. Upon more listening I can assure you guys.. These are easily up there with any of the most regarded earphones around here. Hard to believe for less than a $80 or so..

It is no secret that AT has not done too well in the western world. It is the Asian nations that ATs have a huge following..  Now I understand why they discontinued the CKM99.  This is what is the result of 8 AT CKM earphones. AT has pulled out all the cards in their house sound.. I know many might be thinking I am crying wolf here.. Believe me these are so much better than so many FOTM earphones we have on these threads and cost so much less. Be prepared to get yet another fantastic value and something much more for your cash.

Many have already asked me. Well which one is better the CKS77 or these CKM500.?.To that I say both are excellent for what sound they have.. Both are completely worthy of your hard earned cash. Read the conclusion of the review. That will tell you which one you should get.

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #23 of 1,921
Just ordered a blue pair from a Japanese seller off of eBay for $71.99 with $15 expedited shipping. ETA's May 2-7. I couldn't wait for my payday, the blue was calling to me. Can't wait to try these out. If they turn out to be meh I will hunt dsnuts down. 
ph34r.gif

The silver ones actually look pretty sexy as well, but I already have the silver ATH-M50s so I went with blue.

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #24 of 1,921

Quote:
but you say ckm500 is the easy pick over m77 & m99 right?  good replacement for my tf10?  trying to get something more comfortable, same detail/clarity but more bass

I am confident you will love these.  A meatier sound to boot. I was listening to some metal on these this morning. The highs are extraordinary. Exquisite.. While BAs do a great job picking out detail sometimes they sound disjointed. It is surprising the layers of clean highs these CKM500 have.. Complete sound.. I immediately realized these are superior to the CKM77 and CKM99. I would say the CKM99 comes closer to sounding to these but these have a better cohesive sound..

Quote:
Dsnuts! Oh, you...! I had just read your CKS77 appreciation thread and caved in. The CKS77 have just come in and now you post THIS!

Hey no one is forcing you guys to buy anything. Lol! I am just reporting on what is new. .These happen to be new. And just know I will not start a new thread for just any earphone either. I skipped on the CKM77 which I was very close to starting one and the CKM99 as well. These however. I knew from just hearing them on open that they were gonna get a thread.

Quote:
the ckm77 had just came in 3 weeks ago and then i just ordered these now thanks to dsnuts! you really are nuts man!

You all gonna thank me later. Lol!

Quote:
Just ordered a blue pair from a Japanese seller off of eBay for $71.99 with $15 expedited shipping. ETA's May 2-7. I couldn't wait for my payday, the blue was calling to me. Can't wait to try these out. If they turn out to be meh I will hunt dsnuts down. 
ph34r.gif

The silver ones actually look pretty sexy as well, but I already have the silver ATH-M50s so I went with blue.

Mine cost around the same.. You guys gonna love these.. I am willing to bet on it.

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #25 of 1,921
How are the stock silicon tips that come with these IEMs? Are they of good quality? Also has anyone tried these with comply foam?

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #26 of 1,921

Quote:
How are the stock silicon tips that come with these IEMs? Are they of good quality? Also has anyone tried these with comply foam?

They are the same tips that are on the CKM50. Same quality as the sony hybrids. I have never needed to try another tip actually. These are perfect. But I am sure complys will work perfectly on them.

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #27 of 1,921

Quote:

They are the same tips that are on the CKM50. Same quality as the sony hybrids. I have never needed to try another tip actually. These are perfect. But I am sure complys will work perfectly on them.

I've never actually tried comply foam before, they're expensive and look fragile. :p

I actually have some pretty good quality Auvio silicon tips lying around in case I don't like the stock ones. I got them because as you may already know the stock tips that come with the HA-FX1X were terrible. I did like the stock tips that came with the CKM50, though, just lost them all, they kept falling off lol.

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #28 of 1,921
Ya I tried the Sony Hybrids on my CKM50 once and I didn't like how that sounded. It is true that Tips will change the sound a bit.. Sometimes giving you more bass. From what I know about they complys. People use them to tame excessive highs.

These need no taming. In fact. As much as I loved the highs on the CKM77s. These are exquisite.I am gonna have to do more A/Bing. .The highs on these sound just like the highs on the CKM77 fully burned in. I am wondering what full burn in does for these.. More impressions to come later. .I am noticing micro details in the highs that are clearly heard yet the mids have full presence as well as the bass. This bigger chamber that sticks out on the back end is brilliant. Similar in design as the chamber that is on the CKS77. This gives space and air to the sound. The sound is spacious yet detailed.. Guys that love detail in their tunes yet want the whole she bang are gonna love these.

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #29 of 1,921
So you were saying in the other thread how these would be more interesting if you're after a less bass oriented sound (CKS77)?

Do you know of a reliable seller or anywhere to buy in North America? I'll check on ebay for now...

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #30 of 1,921
These are so new you have to get it from the vendors on Ebay. And the answer is yes.. These are nicely detailed and balanced more than skewed toward one side or the other. Been listening to them non stop and these will appeal to guys that want lesser bass presence. A clean balanced sound.

But what is truly crazy about these. These have fullness and detail on every region of the sound. AT didn't skip on any of it. The CKS77 is similar but with a bigger bolder sound and more bassier presence. These have an even presence across the spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back