The Astell & Kern AK240
Oct 21, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #5,611 of 9,131
Guys,

I suggest you to listen ''B&W - Very Audophile Recordings''.It is 16 bit FLAC.But,really good recordings.

It plays amazing with my setup. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #5,617 of 9,131
A&K could put dual micro sd slot for AK100II,AK120II and AK240.

At least for AK240.

If they could = 500 GB

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #5,618 of 9,131

Good question ... I'd like to know this too.

They got back to me today. Now, some things might be different for you guys but I'm sure it's similar enough for everyone. This is because I'm living in Korea but most of u guys aren't. I will move back to Canada in a few years. Well, guys at iRiver told me you can get the battery replaced for free during the 1 year warranty time(2 years for Germany I believe) but you have to pay once the warranty is over. You can send the 240 by mail or give it to the iRiver people who will replace the battery for you for about $58 USD. You won't be able to replace it but they will replace it for you.(unless you're brave enough to try your iphone battery or something) This was the only thing that was stuck in my mind which stopped me from getting the 240. Now that I know that it's replaceable and it seems cheap enough I will get the 240 soon. (or suddenly change my mind to get the Chord Hugo) Well, wish me luck on my journey to find the perfect IEMs with the 240. ( loving Final Audio Design's FI-BA-SS atm)

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #5,620 of 9,131
Could they improve the firmware so that the data transfer between pc and the device is a little faster? I really use it as a portable gear instead of usb dac

Oct 21, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #5,621 of 9,131
  They got back to me today. Now, some things might be different for you guys but I'm sure it's similar enough for everyone. This is because I'm living in Korea but most of u guys aren't. I will move back to Canada in a few years. Well, guys at iRiver told me you can get the battery replaced for free during the 1 year warranty time(2 years for Germany I believe) but you have to pay once the warranty is over. You can send the 240 by mail or give it to the iRiver people who will replace the battery for you for about $58 USD. You won't be able to replace it but they will replace it for you.(unless you're brave enough to try your iphone battery or something) This was the only thing that was stuck in my mind which stopped me from getting the 240. Now that I know that it's replaceable and it seems cheap enough I will get the 240 soon. (or suddenly change my mind to get the Chord Hugo) Well, wish me luck on my journey to find the perfect IEMs with the 240. ( loving Final Audio Design's FI-BA-SS atm)

To replace a portable device battery is no rocket science...my colleague actually replace everything except the main board of his iPhone5 (over the process he replaced the shell with white from the original black).  So, as soon as we can source the battery from a 3rd party (apart from iRiver), we should able to DIY on the battery replacement.

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #5,623 of 9,131
  Guys, I need your help. My micro sd (SanDisk Ultra® PLUS microSDXC 128GB)card is no longer working. Can anyone recommend other reputable websites (apart from amazon) where I can get one? 

Well, as they have a minimum 10 year to lifetime warranty (dependent on where you live) - should just be able to get a replacement..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back