The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Oct 7, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #1,141 of 2,897
I have mentioned the only good pairings I know. Sorry

What if you had a decent amp like one of the Vorzüge offerings in the chain? I might be able to get a used Tera for a relatively decent price, but am unsure of how it'll pair with my FitEar 335DW. Any thoughts? I read Kiats' post some pages back, where he seems to praise the combo. Either way, if I do end up getting the Tera, I'll probably splurge on a Pure II+ in due time.

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #1,142 of 2,897
Both the Pure 2 (haven't tried +) and Picollo are excellent pairings with the Tera. I've tried a few others with the Tera, most notably the new Rx and wasn't moved. I'm very satisfied with the Picollo pairing and have no plans to continue looking for something else, other than the Leckerton amp only when it is finally released. That's been something I've been waiting on a couple of years now.

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #1,143 of 2,897

What if you had a decent amp like one of the Vorzüge offerings in the chain? I might be able to get a used Tera for a relatively decent price, but am unsure of how it'll pair with my FitEar 335DW. Any thoughts? I read Kiats' post some pages back, where he seems to praise the combo. Either way, if I do end up getting the Tera, I'll probably splurge on a Pure II+ in due time.

Good amp should definitely help Tera with most phones. I have Maier Quickstep which works great with Tera. It was discussed and highly recommended on old (closed) Tera threads which was why I bought it.
I can confirm that it works great with Tera paired with my Beyer DT 770 pro-80 phones. However as good as that sounds even with the amp it's still no match for Tera with Ref1 or 1plus2 even without amp - those are incredible with Tera and hands down best SQ I have ever heard through any phones, not just iems.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #1,144 of 2,897
Not sure about amps but heard it amps well. Will try with my 335 again when II get them back in a few days, but I would think no go.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #1,146 of 2,897

Vorzüge is a very good match to your Tera

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #1,147 of 2,897
Oct 7, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #1,148 of 2,897

The 335 is the only FitEar that doesn't sound crippled with the Tera, iirc. Of course, nowhere close to the Ref1 too or 1p2. Or even the ACS Encore. :)

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #1,149 of 2,897
Is the Vorg a bad match to another Dap?

My only experience [use with Vorzuge] was pairing with my AK240 and it offered no extra benefits [against AK240 direct].  But with its size [ a perfect stacking size with Tera] it helps to smooth out the Tera's drop off due to Tera's impedance mismatch with most BA earphones and gives a bit more punch than Tera direct.

Hope this helps.

Cheers 

Oct 8, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #1,150 of 2,897
I don't know what you guys think, but I belive that the Tera player sounds better, more open and detailed the more you use it.
I am not talking about the burn in effect, so it must be the very low jitter, and being a non fatique player, makes the listening very smooth, easy and pleasant even at high volumes for a long period of time. My experience is purely based on the Moded Korta Pro, I am still eager to try the Ref1 ,that any of you who own the combo praise it so much :)
Anyone around London have the Ref1?

Oct 8, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #1,151 of 2,897
  I don't know what you guys think, but I belive that the Tera player sounds better, more open and detailed the more you use it.
I am not talking about the burn in effect, so it must be the very low jitter, and being a non fatique player, makes the listening very smooth, easy and pleasant even at high volumes for a long period of time. My experience is purely based on the Moded Korta Pro, I am still eager to try the Ref1 ,that any of you who own the combo praise it so much :)
Anyone around London have the Ref1?

Haven't tried the Korta at all but I'm confident that the Ref.1 can beat the Korta hands down...means that you have not really explored the best from your Tera yet.

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #1,152 of 2,897
Haven't tried the Korta at all but I'm confident that the Ref.1 can beat the Korta hands down...means that you have not really explored the best from your Tera yet.
Your wish/opinion coming from how much over you paid for the Ref? You said you have NOT tried the Porta so you dont know if the Ref is hetter RIGHT?

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #1,153 of 2,897
Your wish/opinion coming from how much over you paid for the Ref? You said you have NOT tried the Porta so you dont know if the Ref is hetter RIGHT?

Not sure what do you mean "how much over you paid for the Ref.1".

But from the set up perspective, Ref.1 has dedicated drivers for the different frequencies, especially BAs are famous for analytics in the mid/high...don't think that a single diaphragm set up can beat such set up.   

Yes, my answer to you is that I don't know for sure if Ref.1 can beat the Porta but my assumption based on reasonable hypothesis that you may challenge with facts.

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #1,155 of 2,897
I have Koss Porta modded, Ref1, and 1plus2 and while Porta is great it's still not even close to Ref1.

Here is how I see them:   Ref1 > 1plus2 >>>> Porta
1plus 2 is 15 percent better than porta? And Ref w0 percent hetter than porta? I dont have Porta now I have 5 way and K10 but I used to have in 20 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back