Teclast X19HD (now available)
Dec 18, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #121 of 234

Quote:

If this thing really is so cheap at mistertao.com, then it should be a perfect rival to the Zo in bass qualities.

Yeh, it's a bit silly to keep hunting for the cheapest price/perforamnce, but nice to keep high sound quality at a low price, and not mind if you scratch or lose your Hi-Fi gear.

How can it be Hi-Fi gear for $36? 
wink_face.gif

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #124 of 234

Quote:

if a picture is worth a thousand words, a video will be the deal maker..

I just tried it with my Hifiman HE-500, with super sound and bassmax disabled its barely doing its job, but when the Hifi option is enabled with the Bassmaxx , OH MY GOD the volume had to be turned down , the sound-stage the mids..everything was clear.....LOL..........

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #125 of 234
Mine just arrived at customs. After some days it will be at my house and fiio e11 too.
i also from mistertao ordered cowon c2 4gb for 113 bucks and from dealextreme 32gb sandisk microsdhc for $40

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #126 of 234

Quote:
Mine just arrived at customs. After some days it will be at my house and fiio e11 too.
i also from mistertao ordered cowon c2 4gb for 113 bucks and from dealextreme 32gb sandisk microsdhc for $40

Everyone is treating himself with early Christmas gifts, please update us with your feedback, congratulation.

Dec 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #127 of 234

Wow a HE-500 ,  is it heavy for long periods of listening? how would you compare it to the other headphones in your system ?
Quote:

I just tried it with my Hifiman HE-500, with super sound and bassmax disabled its barely doing its job, but when the Hifi option is enabled with the Bassmaxx , OH MY GOD the volume had to be turned down , the sound-stage the mids..everything was clear.....LOL..........

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #128 of 234

Quote:
Yeh, it's a bit silly to keep hunting for the cheapest price/perforamnce, but nice to keep high sound quality at a low price, and not mind if you scratch or lose your Hi-Fi gear.

This is what being an Audiophile used to mean :)

Seems like a great little player, might be something I would strongly consider if it sounded as good if not better than my beloved J3

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #129 of 234
Damnit.

WHY did i just buy another ipod classic?

Oh yea, storage space. 

But if some of these companies just made a decently sized HD of FD, i'd be all over these.

The cowon x7 is an exception, but it bugs, and looks like an obese kindle.

Dec 21, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #130 of 234
Just got my x19hd from mistertao. Sound is  better than mine ipod touch 2 32gb with fiio e1. i use sunrise xcited.
Today mistertao shipped cowon c2 too. when i will recieve it , will compare with x19hd.
Build quality too is very good.

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #131 of 234

Quote:
I went for the cheapest option, official standard and it came as above. I doubt there's any benefit of going for package A or II.

EDIT: I've just gone onto the main link on Taobao and translating it (albeit very slowly due to my poor Chinese). They are "packages".

"Official standard" = "原装耳机+USB连接线+?得魇?+保修卡+合格证+(标配不含充电器 )" = Original earphones + USB cable + 得魇(?) + Warranty Card + Pass certificate (Not sure how to translate it, basically the certificate to say it confines with certain standards or whatever) + (non-genuine charger). (Note: I didn't receive a charger but I'm from the UK so a Chinese charger would have been useless)

Package 1: "官方标配(原装耳机、USB连接线、说明书、保修卡、合格证)+原装U90充电器(送挂绳布袋+绕线器+短插)" = Same as official standard + genuine U90 charger (free lanyard/string bag + cable winder tool + 短插?)

Package 2: "官方标配(原装耳机、USB连接线、说明书、保修卡、合格证)+原装U90充电器+蓝魔RX100原装耳机(送精美绒布袋+绕线器+短插)" = Same as official standard + genuine U90 charger + genuine RX100 earphones (earbuds worth about £1-2 it seems) (free velvet bag + cable winder tool + 短插?)

wow, thanks for that info, where did you find it?? can you link it to me??

thanks

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #132 of 234
To current owners of X19HD, would you please let me know its exact dimensions in millimeters?

I am thinking to integrate this X19HD into headphones like CAL! to make "wireless" headphones with mp3 player integrated, just like how we did with Sansa Clip and CAL! here 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/71148/diy-cable-gallery/8070 
The Clip is small enough to mount vertically into the inner headband, instead of mounting horizontally to the outer headband as shown in the photo.

I would also appreciate it if anyone can suggest a small mp3 player that can be used this way (Cube C30/C60/Hippo Gumstick are too big/thick). Sound quality should not be less than Sansa Clip. Thanks.

Dec 21, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #133 of 234

Quote:
wow, thanks for that info, where did you find it?? can you link it to me??  
thanks

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13333148672 Here is the main listing on taobao. Mistertao is just like a dropshipper, they order from taobao themselves and then ship it to your address or something similar anyway.

Quote:
To current owners of X19HD, would you please let me know its exact dimensions in millimeters?

I am thinking to integrate this X19HD into headphones like CAL! to make "wireless" headphones with mp3 player integrated, just like how we did with Sansa Clip and CAL! here 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/71148/diy-cable-gallery/8070 
The Clip is small enough to mount vertically into the inner headband, instead of mounting horizontally to the outer headband as shown in the photo.

I would also appreciate it if anyone can suggest a small mp3 player that can be used this way (Cube C30/C60/Hippo Gumstick are too big/thick). Sound quality should not be less than Sansa Clip. Thanks.

It's approximately 70mm x 10mm x 28mm. I say approximately because it's shape is not exactly rectangular and has many curves so it's hard to get an exact measurement.

Dec 21, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #135 of 234

Quote:
@Ulti
Thanks a lot for the info. So the size is about 1.5 times the size of Clip.

Edit: Smaller than Cube c30. I think the X19HD is still too big to integrate into a portable headphone.

For your purpose the Clip+ is top choice since there is no other dap that is smaller and better sounding then Clip+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back