Teclast X19HD (now available)
Nov 26, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #91 of 234
I always said "with high expectations comes high disappointments"

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:13 AM Post #92 of 234
Quote:
Guess I'll be passing on this little grenade if it doesn't compare to the T51 (I honestly didn't think it would come even close)

Actually if you value musicality over performance I think some people will prefer the X19+ I'm listening to now.

In very brief terms, the T51 is higher quality sound and higher transparency, but the X19+ is melty and musical.

Think studio versus live club.

Just my first limited impressions from listening to the same albums on both with E888, EX600, EX700.

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #93 of 234
I think if we can get the Teclast X19HD for ~$36 then it's pretty good value for money, of course this is without any experience of the Teclast X19HD.

Nov 26, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #94 of 234

Quote:
To be precise, RoCoo-D Power's MSRP is US$169 and RoCoo-D Standard's MSRP is $129. I got my C30 and X19HD for around US$60 or so.
I have been listened to the Power edition for a few week now and doesn't hear any of serious hissing problem on mine. Even on my worst hiss prone IEM, the UM2, the hissing from RoCoo Power isn't that bad. It is only noticeable in quiet passage or when no music is playing. It is almost undetectable on my other IEM with slightly higher impedance. As for the Standard edition, I haven't got my review unit yet. As far as I know, it isn't in production yet (release early-mid December) - so I am not sure where you get the info that it might be hiss prone. If it is on the same level as the Power edition or less, I personally doesn't see it as much of a problem except for those who own custom IEM or the most hiss sensitive of universal IEM.

Rocoo-D Standard edition was out first in small batch. Hisound stopped production of Standard edition at this moment, rolling out Power edition. I have Power edition in my hand, if you can live with "It is only noticeable in quiet passage or when no music is playing.", that is fine; however, it is pain for some - I don't usually care, but once a while, "the hissing" really ruins the mood for me. Standard edition is slightly less "hissing", it's not "no hissing". As to price, I referred to local actual Street price (Chinese Dollar $160 - $200 vs Chinese Dollar $999; since only Power edition is available at this moment.)- it is another story for shipping and mark-up to foreign buyers.
Edit: Do you know what? Come to think about it, some units may be good, some units may be "not so good" -- after all, Hisound's workmanship and QC has not been consistent (same applies to Cube, Teclast). Good luck is needed.

Nov 26, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #95 of 234
Thanks for the info. The price I quoted are from HiSound themselves. I assume that's the price they set for the international market as it seems they want to get back to the international market again.

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #96 of 234

The X19+ gets frozen in "auto shutdown mode" and you have to wait for the battery to deplete or press the reset key with a paperclip, or you can just turn off auto-shutdown mode.

It says something in Chinese when it's starting up, and sometimes when you press the "E" key it tells you what time it is in Beijing or selects an "A-B" repeat within the song when you only want to navigate.

The sound quality is good like I said before a bit melty and sultry, and it has SRS WOW HD and SRS TRU BASS with quite advanced and useful settings for example you can adjust "definition" and "focus" as well as the SRS TRU BASS focus region between 40Hz and 400Hz just like you would on a sub-woofer, the tru bass set to 40Hz sounds quite good an the definition and focus parameters have decent effect, especially for such a cheap and simple device.

With SRS WOW activated at medium-high volumes with the Sony MDR-V6 I can hear some clipping.

It doesn't quite have the same air between the notes as for example the Teclast T51, and it's a bit lean sounding, similiar to the Hifiman HM-101 for example.

The equalizer presets actually seem quite decent, better presets than the T51 anyway, and the User EQ is 80 Hz, 250 Hz, 1kHz, 4kHz, 12kHz which you can adjust with 0.5dB increments, it sounds fairly smooth and parametric.

I'll be sending the X19+ back to China shortly and receiving the X19HD later this week.

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #97 of 234
Kiteki, I dont agree with everything the objectivists would have us believe, but using terms like 'melty' and 'sultry' to describe sound is only handing them the ammunition to blast our subjective butts into the ether.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/220770/describing-sound-a-glossary

I know this is all a colossal joke to you, but there are children involved here, and impressionable children at that.

Dec 9, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #101 of 234
I bought it from mistertao.com, and it has shipped in 6th december. I think i will get it after 2 weeks. I also from another sites bought Fiio L9+E11, preorder Brainwavz Beta v2 and Sunrise xcited. i am thinking of soundmagic e30 too.

Dec 11, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #103 of 234
I also bought it from mistertao, shipped on the 8th. Hopefully it arrives before Christmas!

Dec 17, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #104 of 234
My wait is over! Impressions to follow..

Dec 17, 2011 at 6:58 AM Post #105 of 234

Users who are viewing this thread

Back