Teclast X19HD (now available)
Nov 25, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #76 of 234

Quote:
Hahaha you edited your post Mr. Crash expert.

I mean I have turned off the virtual memory in my laptop so when the RAM hits the ceiling it just dies and I have to restart, that happened when I was writing the review so I lost it, but I'll start again later.

The X19+ isn't the centre of attention here anyway, but I am very happy with how it sounds!

I know this isn't expectation bias talking because I was unhappy and didn't even want to listen to it, let me just call it "silky" sounding for now.

User "weibby" was not being a pervert by the way, he was just asking where in Australia I'm from because he's looking for international business associates for his company.

He's the first one to review the X19HD and he seems to like it a lot from what I could tell so that is positive news for us.

Yeh,yeh yeh, at least I will be getting my X19HD soon
wink.gif
, If Ownta does't F$#%$#.

Nov 25, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #77 of 234

Sony stock earbuds are usually pretty half-decent.

Once I had some stock Sanyo earbuds with a portable CD player and they sounded like a screaming cat in a garbage can, a bit like your avatar actually. :wink:

If you buy some real earbuds or a real IEM you will notice better sound quality, what aspect of sound do you value the most? You know bass, vocals, clarity etc...

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #80 of 234

Quote:

If you buy some real earbuds or a real IEM you will notice better sound quality, what aspect of sound do you value the most? You know bass, vocals, clarity etc...

May be balanced sound with good bass. I ordered Meelectronics SP51 but they were stolen by our postal service ( I didn't receive them). I have nothing to compare with. Just cheap earbuds. 

Nov 25, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #81 of 234
Seems Mistertao is reliable (quick search on google) however they are having some problems. I'm also going to be getting the Teclast X19HD just for the sake of having a DAP so that I can burn in my audio equipment and having a backup. I guess with winter I'll have lots of pockets so I don't mind carrying an extra DAP as opposed to using my iPhone 4 too. Hopefully I can order the Teclast X19HD soon before the xmas rush!

Nov 25, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #82 of 234
Just received my X19HD over the mail.

The X19HD was originally intended to replace my aging Cube C30 as the battery life has shorted after a year of intense use. Teclast has made some claim in their ads about the X19HD being the C30 killer so I have some hope for it, but right after initial listening I think it really isn't quite the C30 replacement I was looking for. At best, it is on par with C30. The positive side first - the MaxBass hardware bass boost is quite good. Kind of remind me how C30 + digiZoid ZO sounds like, but without actually carrying the ZO. Now the bad side - it is not quite as resolving as C30, especially on layer and sparkle. It just feel more compressed when compared to C30. So basically X19HD is better at bass while C30 is better st detail, which means I am still looking for a C30 upgrade. The HiSound RoCoo-D Power edition (also use the same SigmaTel chip, but with HiSound's own amp circuit) I recently received actually sounds better than both, but the firmware is not stable enough to be considered a real competitor at this point.

Nov 25, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #83 of 234

Quote:
The X19HD was originally intended to replace my aging Cube C30 as the battery life has shorted after a year of intense use. Teclast has made some claim in their ads about the X19HD being the C30 killer so I have some hope for it, but right after initial listening I think it really isn't quite the C30 replacement I was looking for. At best, it is on par with C30. The positive side first - the MaxBass hardware bass boost is quite good. Kind of remind me how C30 + digiZoid ZO sounds like, but without actually carrying the ZO. Now the bad side - it is not quite as resolving as C30, especially on layer and sparkle. It just feel more compressed when compared to C30. So basically X19HD is better at bass while C30 is better st detail, which means I am still looking for a C30 upgrade. The HiSound RoCoo-D Power edition (also use the same SigmaTel chip, but with HiSound's own amp circuit) I recently received actually sounds better than both, but the firmware is not stable enough to be considered a real competitor at this point.

Keep it in prospect here. The price is quite different: street price for either Teclast X19HD or Cube C30  is Chinese Dollar $160 - $200; street price for Hisound RoCoo-D Power edition is Chinese Dollar $999.  The sad part is, RoCoo-D (both standard edition and Power edition) still has its (persist) god awful "hissing" problem; the problem has been plagued their players for almost 3 years now. AMP3 Pro 3 is coming very soon, we'll see how it progresses.

Nov 26, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #84 of 234
Keep it in prospect here. The price is quite different: street price for either Teclast X19HD or Cube C30  is Chinese Dollar $160 - $200; street price for Hisound RoCoo-D Power edition is Chinese Dollar $999.  The sad part is, RoCoo-D (both standard edition and Power edition) still has its (persist) god awful "hissing" problem; the problem has been plagued their players for almost 3 years now. AMP3 Pro 3 is coming very soon, we'll see how it progresses.

To be precise, RoCoo-D Power's MSRP is US$169 and RoCoo-D Standard's MSRP is $129. I got my C30 and X19HD for around US$60 or so.

I have been listened to the Power edition for a few week now and doesn't hear any of serious hissing problem on mine. Even on my worst hiss prone IEM, the UM2, the hissing from RoCoo Power isn't that bad. It is only noticeable in quiet passage or when no music is playing. It is almost undetectable on my other IEM with slightly higher impedance. As for the Standard edition, I haven't got my review unit yet. As far as I know, it isn't in production yet (release early-mid December) - so I am not sure where you get the info that it might be hiss prone. If it is on the same level as the Power edition or less, I personally doesn't see it as much of a problem except for those who own custom IEM or the most hiss sensitive of universal IEM.

Nov 26, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #87 of 234
Quote:

Clie, which IEM did you use? Did you try any full-size headphones? How about the high-gain setting? With 90mW+90mW I thought the X19HD would have really good resolution and not sound compressed at all...

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #88 of 234
You can from mistertao get c30 for $36 shipped
rocoo-d for about 135-140 usd, power costs about 180
http://www.mistertao.com/taobao-products/taobao-item-13972392245.html
http://www.mistertao.com/taobao-products/taobao-item-10286524840.html

Thanks for the info, but I already did my business with Ownta. Interesting note on the RoCoo-D Standard though, as I was told by HiSound themselves that the Standard edition is not out yet.

ClieOS how does the X19HD compare to the T51?

Have you heard X19+? I think the musicality and seperation is very good.

X19HD compared to T51? T51 wins on all front except for size and battery life (probably). No, I have not heard the X19+

Clie, which IEM did you use? Did you try any full-size headphones? How about the high-gain setting? With 90mW+90mW I thought the X19HD would have really good resolution and not sound compressed at all...

I am using it under the high gain and bass boost setting now. I tried a few earphones on it, including UM2, RE0, and M2c when A/Bing it with the C30. Will probably try more in the next few days. Haven't tried any full-size yet but as far as my current observations go, it really isn't that powerful over C30. but they both are able to blow your eardrum out when maxing the volume.

I think I have to make it clear - it only sounds compressed when compared to C30. I don't think most will notice it if it is compared to, say, Fuze or Clip+. I think you can say C30 is more digital sounding (much like T51) than X19HD.

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #90 of 234

Guess I'll be passing on this little grenade if it doesn't compare to the T51 (I honestly didn't think it would come even close). Headphoneus Supremus baby :).
Quote:
Thanks for the info, but I already did my business with Ownta. Interesting note on the RoCoo-D Standard though, as I was told by HiSound themselves that the Standard edition is not out yet.
X19HD compared to T51? T51 wins on all front except for size and battery life (probably). No, I have not heard the X19+
I am using it under the high gain and bass boost setting now. I tried a few earphones on it, including UM2, RE0, and M2c when A/Bing it with the C30. Will probably try more in the next few days. Haven't tried any full-size yet but as far as my current observations go, it really isn't that powerful over C30. but they both are able to blow your eardrum out when maxing the volume.
I think I have to make it clear - it only sounds compressed when compared to C30. I don't think most will notice it if it is compared to, say, Fuze or Clip+. I think you can say C30 is more digital sounding (much like T51) than X19HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back