Teclast X19HD (now available)
Dec 25, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #137 of 234
Seems my X19HD died.. It won't power up and doesn't display the time or anything anymore. I've tried to leave it on the USB charging cable for a while but nothing happens. Not sure how it died.. I had it burning in my GR07s and I was lazy to recharge it so I had the USB charging cable plugged into the mains. Anyone has any solutions? :S

Dec 25, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #138 of 234
Poke the reset hole? It is right next to the hold key with the 'R' marking.

Dec 25, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #139 of 234
Worked brilliantly! I wonder what happened though..

Thanks again ClieOS!

Dec 25, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #140 of 234

Quote:
Worked brilliantly! I wonder what happened though..

Thanks again ClieOS!

It just remembered that it is Chinese, so you gave it amnesia. Good news that it worked for you.

Dec 25, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #141 of 234
I see some interests for this player. Here is an instruction how to re-load firmware, just in case. (A friendly reminder, They Don't Make Them Like They Used To; before you buy anything from foreign countries, please make sure you know what you get into.)

1. Download software
(3 download link options, first and second are direct link to teclast, third is my upload to mediafire.
first link, ftp://d:d@121.10.241.8:2121/teclast/mp3/Firmware/Xseries/X19series/TL-X19HD-V1.00-F340.rar
second link, ftp://d:d@58.248.4.28:2121/teclast/mp3/Firmware/Xseries/X19series/TL-X19HD-V1.00-F340.rar
third link, http://www.mediafire.com/?9dj8scgg7pkgwc4
2. Unzip file, double click the file named 'TL-X19HD.exe'; you will see an updater pop-up, message -  'searching', 'please connect device'.
3. Power off player.
4. Use a needle press reset button "R"
5. Press and hold 'E' button on the player while connecting it to your computer, until the updater finish 'initializing' - you can let your finger go now.
6. Click 'Start' on the updater. You will see blue-bar progress, wait until it finishes. (It's only a couple of minutes, but it feels like forever; walk away, before it drives you crazy.)
7. Done.
8. Power you player on, but, if it does not work -- Use a needle press reset button "R"
9. Sometimes, you may need to do it the second time. (In this case, in the updater, check box 'format data area'.)

Final Note, it uses Sigmatel chip, it is not so easy to brick it. Good luck and having fun.

Dec 25, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #142 of 234

Quote:
I see some interests for this player. Here is an instruction how to re-load firmware, just in case. (A friendly reminder, They Don't Make Them Like They Used To; before you buy anything from foreign countries, please make sure you know what you get into.)

1. Download software
(3 download link options, first and second are direct link to teclast, third is my upload to mediafire.
first link, ftp://d:d@121.10.241.8:2121/teclast/mp3/Firmware/Xseries/X19series/TL-X19HD-V1.00-F340.rar
second link, ftp://d:d@58.248.4.28:2121/teclast/mp3/Firmware/Xseries/X19series/TL-X19HD-V1.00-F340.rar
third link, http://www.mediafire.com/?9dj8scgg7pkgwc4
2. Unzip file, double click the file named 'TL-X19HD.exe'; you will see an updater pop-up, message -  'searching', 'please connect device'.
3. Power off player.
4. Use a needle press reset button "R"
5. Press and hold 'E' button on the player while connecting it to your computer, until the updater finish 'initializing' - you can let you finger go now.
6. Click 'Start' on the updater. You will see blue-bar progress, wait until it finishes. (It's only a couple of minutes, but it feels like forever; walk away, before it drives you crazy.)
7. Done.
8. Power you player on, but if it does not work -- Use a needle press reset button "R"
9. Sometimes, you may need to do it the second time. (In this case, in the updater, check box 'format data area'.)

Final Note, it uses Sigmatel chip, it is not so easy to brick it. Good luck and having fun.

THANK YOU

Dec 25, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #143 of 234

Quote:

+1 on that. Have a DAP called PENTAGRAM Vanquish R USB  with 35xx Sigmatel for 6+ years now and reloaded firmware couple times. But tha fact that it is 100% working is amazing. So if you consider to take X19HD. Don't be afraid to buy one.

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #149 of 234

What do you guys think of this...... my emails with OWNTA, please start from the end of the page and read upwards.

[size=x-small] [/size]
[size=x-small] [/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small]We are waiting the one which you agreed to send back, but no response, once we got the incorrect one, we will resend a new one to you, thanks.[/size][/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small]2012-01-05 [/size][/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small]info [/size][/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small]发件人:[/size][/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small]发送时间: 2012-01-05 12:59:35 [/size][/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small]收件人: info@ownta.com [/size][/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small]抄送: [/size][/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small]主题: RE: ownta.com: Order #xxxxxx has been shipped out - ERROR,YOUSENTME THE WRONG PRODUCT! [/size][/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small]Hello,

You said you were sending me the correct product "on Monday",

that was almost 6 weeks ago, I never received a tracking number either.

I paid $57.99 USD for the Teclast X19HD and you asked me to pay for shipping to China to return the X19+ for your error.
[/size]
[/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small]Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 18:45:15 +0800
To:
[/size]
[/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small]S[/size][size=x-small]ubject: Re: RE: ownta.com: Order #217526 has been shipped out - ERROR, YOUSENTME THE WRONG PRODUCT!

[/size]
[/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]You are welcome ![/size][/size][/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Thanks & Kindly regards, [/size][/size][/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Arlene, L
Ownta Sales Team
[/size]
[size=x-small]http://www.ownta.com[/size]
[size=x-small](We work Mon-Sat, 9:30am-6:30pm, our local time is GMT 8)[/size]
[/size]
[/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]2011-11-25 [/size][/size][/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]info [/size][/size][/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]发件人: [/size][/size][/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]发送时间: 2011-11-25 18:41:17 [/size][/size][/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]收件人: info@ownta.com [/size][/size][/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]抄送: [/size][/size][/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]主题: RE: ownta.com: Order #xxxxxx has been shipped out - ERROR, YOUSENTME THE WRONG PRODUCT! [/size][/size][/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Hi Arlene,

Thanks for your reply, I'll send it back.

Regards,
[/size]
[/size]

xxx
[/size]

[size=x-small] [/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 17:11:18 +0800
To:
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]ubject: Re: RE: ownta.com: Order #xxxxxx has been shipped out - ERROR, YOU SENTME THE WRONG PRODUCT!

[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Our shipping department confirmed the mistake, they shipped wrong product to you, we will arrange a new shipment on Monday by Express Shipping, hope you can receive it within a week.[/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]For the wrong product, please return back to us by normal airmail as below address:[/size][/size][/size]

[size=x-small]MISS WUFEI,[/size] [size=x-small]806 ROOM, NO. 182, FUHUA ROAD, FUTIAN DISTRICT, SHENZHEN,[/size]
[size=x-small]GUANGDONG, CHINA, 518033"[/size]
[size=x-small] [/size]
[size=x-small] [/size]

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #150 of 234

Here is the story summarised:

- I pay for X19HD on 4th of November ($67.98)
- receive X19+ in damaged box 15 days later.
- I send them an email, they admit their mistake and say they'll send X19HD via express shipping, and tell me to send the X19+ back to China, at my expense, via airmail.
- I Email them 6 weeks later (today) asking where is my X19HD?
- They say "we are still waiting for you to send back, thanks"

So one theory is, they are (possibly) sending people the wrong units, asking them to send back via airmail to China, and then pretending it's lost in the mail and they say "we are still waiting", then they are easily outside the 30 day paypal dispute threshhold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back