TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014)
Jul 21, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #61 of 447
Very tempted by this - I'm torn between this and the AK100 II, but that's a lot more expensive and doesn't have the iPhone compatibility for use with Qobuz etc. What's the new firmware like?

Jul 25, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #65 of 447
I really love the sound of Teac's DAC devices such as UH 01.
Does this feature close sound quality?
Can this be used for reference?
How would you compare its sound to that of iBasso R10, AK240, AK380, Geek Out 1000?

Does it work with Androis OS and UAPP?
Can Android read its microSD card and play music from it?

Jul 25, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #66 of 447
I doubt anyone has compared to those daps you mentioned, seems like barely a handful people even own the P90SD. But I do find the P90SD a reference grade sound. It does work with android. I don't know if android can read the player's own micro SD, probably not though. I'm currently using the P90SD digital out to my home dac, NAD M51, and it is giving better digital out sound quality than all my other daps.

Jul 25, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #67 of 447
I doubt anyone has compared to those daps you mentioned, seems like barely a handful people even own the P90SD. But I do find the P90SD a reference grade sound. It does work with android. I don't know if android can read the player's own micro SD, probably not though. I'm currently using the P90SD digital out to my home dac, NAD M51, and it is giving better digital out sound quality than all my other daps.

Does it sound similar to Teac's own UH01, UD301, UD501?
UH01 sounds very good...

Have you heard other DAPs such as Calyx M, AK120, P1, PAW Gold, Sony PHA-03?
How wouldyou compare this P90SD?
Not many people own this yet.....

Jul 25, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #69 of 447
Yes, the P90SD has similar sound to the other Teac dac's, they use the same PCM1795 and were designed for similar sound sig. I haven't heard the daps you mentioned.

I'm buying this.

Is it sound 3D and detailed?
Can you identify all instruments one by one? I could do that on UH 01.

If possible, please put a microSD card into P90SD and try to read it on UAPP or HibyMusic app.
If that works, I would love this unit even more. Sandisk has released a 200GB microSD.

--------
You're right about its reference quality sound. Teac's description says it delivers reference sound. I guess I can expect similar sound to UH01 reference DAC.

Jul 25, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #70 of 447
I'm buying this.

Is it sound 3D and detailed?
Can you identify all instruments one by one? I could do that on UH 01

I personally find sound stage 3D and deeper than other daps and instrument separation is better than other daps. Also P90SD has very black backround, blacker than DX90 and AK120, similar to PHA-3. If you like Teac H01 you will like P90SD. But you can't compare portable dap to desktop product, the H01 has a lot more room for circuits like dual dacs, more power filtering, larger amp section. Although it is possible that P90SD has more finesse than H01, due to being tailored for headphones, while H01 is designed for speakers as well. Comparing the P90SD to other daps, the P90SD is very good indeed.

Jul 25, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #71 of 447
I personally find sound stage 3D and deeper than other daps and instrument separation is better than other daps. Also P90SD has very black backround, blacker than DX90 and AK120, similar to PHA-3. If you like Teac H01 you will like P90SD. But you must remember that P90SD cannot be equal to H01, the H01 has a lot more room for circuits like dual dacs, more power filtering, larger amp section, the P90SD will be like a baby H01. You can't compare desktop product to portable dap, but comparing the P90SD to other daps, then the P90SD is very good!

In my opinion, iBasso DX100 is about 20% behind UH01.
DX100 has similar wide sound stage but UH01 beats it in clarity.

I will buy P90SD shortly and test it with my Samsung Note 4.
If you get time to test that microSD with Android HibyMusic app, please do so and let us know if HibyMusic app can read microSD inside P90SD.

My samsung Note 4 already has 512GB SD card. I will buy an additional 200GB Sandisk MicroSD if HibyMusic can read P90SD's contents.

Jul 25, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #72 of 447
The P90SD needs quite a lot of burn in, mainly due to the 1000uF capacitance on the output which needs to stabilize, without burn in it sounds hazy and bloated with sharp mids.

Also interestingly, I found out that the P90SD uses some higher quality parts than H01, even though it is a smaller scale of circuit. Like P90SD has polymer capacitors, and thin film capacitors, while the H01 uses cheaper types of electrolytics. The P90SD also has a Dual Core Blackfin BF606 CPU which probably has some kind of advantages, this CPU alone costs $40, so it's actually the most expensive CPU in any dap at the moment 
cool.gif
, the Paw Gold uses the cheaper single core Blackfin, I don't know what difference the cpu makes but it's cool to know lol. I love bragging about random stuff like this haha.

Jul 25, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #73 of 447
The P90SD needs quite a lot of burn in, mainly due to the 1000uF capacitance on the output which needs to stabilize, without burn in it sounds hazy and bloated with sharp mids.

Also interestingly, I found out that the P90SD uses some higher quality parts than H01, even though it is a smaller scale of circuit. Like P90SD has polymer capacitors, and thin film capacitors, while the H01 uses cheaper types of electrolytics. The P90SD also has a Dual Core Blackfin BF606 CPU which probably has some kind of advantages, this CPU alone costs $40, so it's actually the most expensive CPU in any dap at the moment :cool: , the Paw Gold uses the cheaper single core Blackfin, I don't know what difference the cpu makes but it's cool to know lol. I love bragging about random stuff like this haha.

Please check that microSD. If HibyMusic can read it, P90SD actually wins PHA3, Groove DAC, Dragonfly, etc. None of them has microSD

Jul 25, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #75 of 447
Actually I can't test because I don't have the cable, need micro usb - micro usb. I would guess it won't work though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TQOEST0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1437876446&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX200_QL40&keywords=micro+usb+to+micro+usb+otg&dpPl=1&dpID=31dr--9ePLL&ref=plSrch

It's on sale for 11 dollars.
Then what kind of Android USB cable are you using now?
HibyMusic reportedly could read contents in Aurender Flow USB DAC via USb connection from a phone.
If it can read from Aurendrr Flow, it should read from Teac DAC too.

If a PC can recognize P90SD as an storage device and show its microSD content, HibyMusic will do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back