Tea or Coffee ?
Dec 8, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #92 of 117
Black tea steeped for a few minutes with some steamed milk is incredibly tasty and rivals a good latte IMHO...

Dec 8, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #93 of 117
Black coffee only in am. Various teas in pm, a good smooth oolong being my personal favorite.

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #94 of 117
It's 2019, tea is the way to go :)

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #97 of 117
I agree it’s 2019, tea is the way to go.
But if even 300 years ago, you could have also said it’s 1719, tea is the way to go.
Conclusion: tea is timeless and has been the way to go from the beginning of it's existence. Period.

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #98 of 117
I like both.
Okay. Call me crazy, but since @dmdm already said he likes both.
Has anybody tried to pour tea into coffee? You boil some water, while it's boiling you add the tea bag or the dry herbs, and then proceed with the usual coffee procedure.

p.s. I might have summoned a demon. Sorry if that's the case

Dec 9, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #99 of 117
Okay. Call me crazy, but since @dmdm already said he likes both.
Has anybody tried to pour tea into coffee? You boil some water, while it's boiling you add the tea bag or the dry herbs, and then proceed with the usual coffee procedure.

p.s. I might have summoned a demon. Sorry if that's the case
I sometimes add some espresso to my black tea when I pour steamed milk. It adds a nice strong flavor-I like it.

Feb 20, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #102 of 117
Tea for me because I can't drink coffee at all due to it bothering my teeth.

For Christmas I got a good electric water kettle. Would you believe this is the first time in my life since I've owned one?
Ever since buying one I've been trying every boxed tea I could find. There are some REALLY bad tea bags out there!
My favorite is Chai. I imagine that's not really meant to be made from a tea bag!

I prefer loose leaf tea but my local supplier's selection is not that good and it sits there for too long on the shelf.
In my city of 80,000 or so there is only one place i'm aware of that sells loose leaf tea.

I love a good Matcha, but trying to not spend too much money and the only kind worth using is the more expensive kind.

BTW people in certain parts of Asia are very lucky. They have a much better variety of tea and the bottled tea they have is not disgusting!
The most common bottled tea in every store here in the USA is really bad. Most of it doesn't even taste like real tea.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #103 of 117
Well I do agree that American bottled tea is below average. Recently I’ve made my own iced tea and it’s easy. Just get a large container and fill with water and some Lipton or similar brand tea bags. I like to do 2 tea bags for 32 ounces water ratio for my personal taste. Let it steep overnight cold without any heating in the process. This cold brewing process is super easy.
If you like it sweet, add 3 or more tablespoons of sugar and it will dissolve also overnight without any heat.
To add more complex flavor, add some fresh squeezed lemon juice if desired but add it just before serving since lemon juice is best when it’s fresh. And in my opinion, this is perfect American style iced tea.

For Japanese style cold green tea, do this with green tea bags but don’t add sugar. In my opinion, sugar ruins green tea (unless you’re trying to make a dessert dish) You can also do with oolong tea too. I’ve experimented with some more expensive higher end oolong tea and was impressed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back