TDK BA200 Thread
May 22, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #182 of 1,509
Sorry for bothering with this stupid question.....
Joker gave dba-02 a sound score of 9.2, DDM u gave 8.9, examples, now currently im narrowing down my choices for upgrading from my brainwavz m1 to either maybe DDM or TDk BA200. Now i noe Joker havent review these yet, i just need a score for reference .Also if i dun hav cash to buy Earsonic SM3 v2, is getting the TDK BA200 the next best thing ? assuming, are there almost similiar on how they potray their sound signature? all i noe SM3 are known for their dynamic level for a BA, so are these TDk's the same?

Thank you beforehand :)

May 22, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #183 of 1,509
Quote:
Sorry for bothering with this stupid question.....
Joker gave dba-02 a sound score of 9.2, DDM u gave 8.9, examples, now currently im narrowing down my choices for upgrading from my brainwavz m1 to either maybe DDM or TDk BA200. Now i noe Joker havent review these yet, i just need a score for reference .Also if i dun hav cash to buy Earsonic SM3 v2, is getting the TDK BA200 the next best thing ? assuming, are there almost similiar on how they potray their sound signature? all i noe SM3 are known for their dynamic level for a BA, so are these TDk's the same?

Thank you beforehand :)

I can not give a reference score using Jokers system but i do have my own which you can check out here. It is of course no where near as long and detailed with a lot less IEMs but its the best idea i can give you.

May 22, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #184 of 1,509
My only experience with BA's IEM are DBA-02, Meelec's A151 and EXS X10(both of these use Siren's, while i think DBA use TWFK), my ears tells me that eventhou technically those DBA-02 with their TWFK, but they are to flat below for my liking, that no Dynamicness in them, unlike A151 and X10 with their Sirens which i really love their bass and mid for a BA because they have this dynamics closer to a Dynamic driver(but not the same), but they fail at presentation.imaging which DBA-02 potrays nicely. From wut i read, this TDK uses Sonion in them, i never had any experience listening to these, so do they have a sense of dynamics in them or it will be totally flat and enemic like those TWFK IEMS?

May 22, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #185 of 1,509
Quote:
My only experience with BA's IEM are DBA-02, Meelec's A151 and EXS X10(both of these use Siren's, while i think DBA use TWFK), my ears tells me that eventhou technically those DBA-02 with their TWFK, but they are to flat below for my liking, that no Dynamicness in them, unlike A151 and X10 with their Sirens which i really love their bass and mid for a BA because they have this dynamics closer to a Dynamic driver(but not the same), but they fail at presentation.imaging which DBA-02 potrays nicely. From wut i read, this TDK uses Sonion in them, i never had any experience listening to these, so do they have a sense of dynamics in them or it will be totally flat and enemic like those TWFK IEMS?

Did you chef the link i put, their is a comparison with the DBA-02 (which does use TWFK) and you can decide if it sounds right for you! first post  <----- Click Here

May 22, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #186 of 1,509
Quote:

The only thing I can really say is that the TDK BA200 has a W4-like tonal balance and a UM3X-like soundstage. Highs are most like the SM3, though it's not exactly it. With respect to the DBA-02, the DBA will be more detailed and have faster transients, but the BA200 has a smooth presentation that comes closer to the type of presentation that the X10 has.

May 24, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #188 of 1,509
Quote:
  What tips do you use with them?

For comfort, it's the Ts-100; for sound, it's the stock small dual flange. I actually don't like using Shure Flex tips with it, but the stock single flange tips from the DBA-02 work. They should be similar to the single flange tips from the BA100. It's mostly a compromise between comfort and sound. The double flange tips, however stiff, are still the best sounding tips for the BA200. You can try to source some Sensorcom tips, but I've never used them.

May 24, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #189 of 1,509
Quote:

For comfort, it's the Ts-100; for sound, it's the stock small dual flange. I actually don't like using Shure Flex tips with it, but the stock single flange tips from the DBA-02 work. They should be similar to the single flange tips from the BA100. It's mostly a compromise between comfort and sound. The double flange tips, however stiff, are still the best sounding tips for the BA200. You can try to source some Sensorcom tips, but I've never used them.

Thank you.

May 27, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #193 of 1,509
This is my first post on this forum, but I read it lot of time. The reason why I want to post this message is because one week ago I brought these iems (ba-200). And want to warn potentional buyers about one issue that I have with them. The issue is the quality of extencion cable - mine is broke after the one week of use. I hope this is not the issue with the all the pieces in the production, but now I need to buy additional cable to connect my tdk to my galaxy s2. I am dissapointed, because my akg k324p that I use for about 6 years work fine till now... Regarding the sound of tdk's I think it close to the my hd650 laid back with the good amount of bass and the mid frequency, high freq. is located deeper in scene and feels a little bit recessed. Low notes is audible till25hz as I could hear, and high is till 16kHz, because I couldn't hear mosquito test tone of 17.2kHz, but in my other headphones I could clearly hear this tone. Overal this is my first iem's that use balanced armature driver an I satisfied with the sq that they produce. (Sorry for the my english, this is not my primary language, i live in Ukraine).

May 27, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #194 of 1,509
Quote:
This is my first post on this forum, but I read it lot of time. The reason why I want to post this message is because one week ago I brought these iems (ba-200). And want to warn potentional buyers about one issue that I have with them. The issue is the quality of extencion cable - mine is broke after the one week of use. I hope this is not the issue with the all the pieces in the production, but now I need to buy additional cable to connect my tdk to my galaxy s2. I am dissapointed, because my akg k324p that I use for about 6 years work fine till now... Regarding the sound of tdk's I think it close to the my hd650 laid back with the good amount of bass and the mid frequency, high freq. is located deeper in scene and feels a little bit recessed. Low notes is audible till25hz as I could hear, and high is till 16kHz, because I couldn't hear mosquito test tone of 17.2kHz, but in my other headphones I could clearly hear this tone. Overal this is my first iem's that use balanced armature driver an I satisfied with the sq that they produce. (Sorry for the my english, this is not my primary language, i live in Ukraine).

The cable is indeed a bit weak, but it doesn't seem to be a major issue for other people so far --- it's unfortunate that yours broke --- sorry to hear that. Nice description about the sound though; although, I must say that while the highs sound further away, I wouldn't say they're 'recessed' --- a lot of people have been using that to describe the highs on this thing, and they're no more recessed than the highs on a pair of Westone 2s or SE425s. It's just that people shouldn't expect a sparkle fest from the BA200. It's not tuned that way. I personally prefer brighter IEMs (take a look at my signature), but I don't really find the BA200 'deficient' in the treble, per se. I'll try to post a larger picture of Sonove's graph comparison between the ER4P, X5, and BA200 --- you guys will see that it has better extension than the X5 and almost matches the ER4P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back