Tampa Minimeet - Sunday May 6th
Apr 30, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #31 of 70
Any car is fine going down his driveway, as long as you take it slow. There aren't any glaring potholes just a general unevenness. Eventually he's going to do some work on the driveway but he just got the place and wants to wait till the rainy season so it doesn't dust up too badly. There's an 80's 280ZX that resides there and we've never had a problem getting it down the driveway, so I'd think that it would match up to your Opel
evil_smiley.gif
. Ok I can't remember if you've got the Pontiac or the Saturn so I'll just call it what it really is.

Apr 30, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #32 of 70
so far so good in my case. looking forward to meeting some of you folks and trying out new gear.

time to expand my horizons... or should i say the appetizer before the big meal(the june meet)

Apr 30, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #33 of 70
It looks like I will be making it. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

BTW, I certainly hope my car can make it. If it was my wife's SUV or my 1970 Beetle I would have no concerns but I am thinking of taking my chevy convertible and it has very low ground clearance.
blink.gif

May 1, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #34 of 70
Who woulda thought the biggest issue isn't going, or how to find his house...but how to get drive in his driveway, lol.

May 1, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #35 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who woulda thought the biggest issue isn't going, or how to find his house...but how to get drive in his driveway, lol.

LOL, yeah pretty amazing. All I can tell you is that the guy in the other house that shares that driveway does body work back there and brings in everything under the sun, including old Corvettes. No problems so far that I've heard of.

Just talked to my friend and he pointed out that our friend's lowered Mustang with 3 inches of clearance makes it. I think y'all will be fine.

May 1, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #36 of 70
Sounds good, I'll give you a call if I don't feel comfy riding it on my own.

I MIGHT be taking my cargo van depending if my buddy wants to come, mainly to pitch in on gas...that thing is a BEAST, and has a huge tank with horrible gas mileage, not a good combo. He's not a headphone enthusiast, but is VERY open minded, and we might go BMXing in downtown after the meet depending on how long it lasts....

May 1, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #37 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any car is fine going down his driveway, as long as you take it slow.

Well, yeah, that is the problem, you don't get a turbo to go slow!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

There's an 80's 280ZX that resides there and we've never had a problem getting it down the driveway, so I'd think that it would match up to your Opel
evil_smiley.gif
. Ok I can't remember if you've got the Pontiac or the Saturn so I'll just call it what it really is.

LOL, I'd be mortally offended, except, 1) I used to love the Opel GT in my youth 2) You're right!
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #39 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, yeah, that is the problem, you don't get a turbo to go slow!
biggrin.gif

LOL, I'd be mortally offended, except, 1) I used to love the Opel GT in my youth 2) You're right!
biggrin.gif

You have an Opel GT? Way cool car
cool.gif
, I used to want one real bad. Now I could only get in with the help of a big shoe horn.
rolleyes.gif

May 1, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #41 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should we make a list of gear?

Sure, on my end I'm bringing the Denon DP-59L Turntable, Singlepower MPX3, Senn HD-650 and HD-600, oh and my Marantz for a second amp on the analog rig.

Also I'll have my Cyrus CD6 at the ready for whoever needs a source. I figured that Reivaj will be bringing his Head-five but he's a computer as source guy, so one output on the Cyrus is for him. Of course we'll end up switching gears around as we go.

You stated: "I could bring the TTVJ Millet Hybrid Portable Amp, Tomahawk, SR-71 (maybe), and depending on which weekend a LaRocco PRII MkII."

Is all that coming along? I'll list it and you can let me know.

Sources:
Denon DP-59L
Cyrus CD6
Portables out the ears.

Amps:
Aristaeus
Singlepower MPX3
Headfive
TTVJ Millet Hybrid
Tomahawk and possibly SR-71
Larocco PRII MkII

Phones:
My typical Senns and Reivaj's 590.
HE-90 and whatever else Greg feels like digging up.
Miguel you mind bringing the RS-1 as well? It's been a bit since I've had a nice listen to them.

Oh and are you bringing a source Greg? Just need to know how to plan table space.

May 2, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #42 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have an Opel GT? Way cool car
cool.gif
, I used to want one real bad. Now I could only get in with the help of a big shoe horn.
rolleyes.gif

Naw, it's a Sky RedLine, one of the first hundred though as previously noted, the body design was largely Opal and they are pretty close to each other in looks, even more so than the Solstice or whatever that Pontiac is...
wink.gif

May 2, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #43 of 70
Quote:

You don't get our friend's Mustang to go slow either, don't worry bout it.

Yeah, but God is happy when a Rustang takes a beating!
evil_smiley.gif

May 2, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #44 of 70
Quote:

Oh and are you bringing a source Greg? Just need to know how to plan table space.

I'll definitely have my Benchmark. If I get ambitious and go digging in boxes I might even have my Meridian though I have a feeling it has disappeared. I also have some other amps like the GS-1, the AE-1, SR-71, Hornet and HR-2 around somewhere but my wife has hidden them pretty well and I doubt I'll have enough patience to discuss the matter with her. Ahhh marriage...

May 2, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #45 of 70
Well, I'm not bringin anything, just goin to meet a couple people and find some synergy for my UM2's, ALO mini, and iMod.

It's mainly cause I don't own anything....I MIGHT bring an Indigo DJ and my laptop if somebody really wants to hear it, but I doubt anybody will want to hear it, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back