Tampa Minimeet - Sunday May 6th
Apr 24, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #16 of 70
Hold the phone boys. I'm getting good at venue changes! With the extra people showing interest we're going to be really tight in my small house. Happens that my friend who I rent this place from has a bigger, nicer, more secluded house around the corner from here, and is willing to let us use that. Only holdup is that he isn't available the 5th with several graduation parties going on for friends. He suggested the 6th, or we can go for a different weekend.

Planning on the fly here. We'll get this worked out soon. Miguel would that put you off the meet? I don't work Mondays so no problem if you'd want to stay Sunday night and drive home Monday.

Apr 25, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #18 of 70
Wow, a new definition of geek. "One who has nothing better to do on Cinco de Mayo than attend a headphone mini-meet."
biggrin.gif
Not that I have anything better to do but this did sort of call my lack of a life to my attention...
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #20 of 70
I'm out if it's May 5th. That thing in Orlando we talked about Matt is on the 5th, and I'm pretty much set in stone for that. 6th I could do.

Apr 25, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #22 of 70
Well, here is a call for any HeadFier from the Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area. If you are planning on going we could meet at say 7:00am to head for Tampa. The only problem is that I have to be back on the road by 4:00pm so I can be home by 9:00pm. Sorry I have to work on Monday and at my age I need 8 hours of sleep (10:00pm to 6:00am). Hopefully someone is interested!
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #24 of 70
Sick...I'll try to make it, funds pending of course.

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #27 of 70
Drive for me is like 4 hours...kinda sucky, but I'm looking foreward to meeting some people.

Apr 30, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #28 of 70
Out of curiousity, I'll be taking my motorcycle, is the dirt road VERY compacted, or is it loose gravel or loose dirt? OK if I park BEFORE the dirt road? How long is the dirtroad before I reach the house (walkable?)?

Looking at google images:

I can't really tell how long the dirt road is...

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I won't have the car and I'm curious if my motorcycle will be safe.

Apr 30, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #29 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of curiousity, I'll be taking my motorcycle, is the dirt road VERY compacted, or is it loose gravel or loose dirt? OK if I park BEFORE the dirt road? How long is the dirtroad before I reach the house (walkable?)?

The road is well compacted but with a bit of bumpiness, though the center should be rideable. If not it's about 300 feet from the road to the driveway so definitely walkable. The marker on your map is spot on for where you're headed, 276 feet by the directions. I wouldn't recommend leaving the bike out on Maydell though. My phone number if you need it is 813-766-5561. Give us a call if you can't ride down and we'll help you walk it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back