Tampa Minimeet - Sunday May 6th
Apr 22, 2007 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

NightWoundsTime

A nice hunk of young man
Meet is set for May 6th. Official start time is 1 PM but come as early as you wish. This will be hosted at my friend's house. Map. I'd suggest taking I-4 to 50th Street, then come south, past Adamo Drive, over Palm River and then left at the next light (Palm River Road). Take that through to the next traffic light which is Maydell, make the right turn. Come south and just after the road exits those two slight curves keep an eye on the right for the blue Boatwright Drive sign. That's my friend's private dirt road, mind the bumps. The road goes down between two houses and then opens up to a big lot with a pond on the right, and his house is on the left. Parking is available anywhere out on the field to the right, but try to pull in next to the house for gear unloading if you've got gear.

Apr 22, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 70
I'm pretty flexible on the time as well.

Apr 23, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #4 of 70
Yeah, I'd love a warm up. Sunday would probably be easier for me but either day would work so long as it isn't too early!
redface.gif
(That's actually the yawn emoticon in this context!
biggrin.gif
)

Apr 23, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #5 of 70
Killer! We have a meet. Howabout this weekend or the next? Sunday is fine and dandy with me.

Greg bring what you want but it's totally understandable if you don't want to haul the big monsters this time out. If you've got a smaller amp and a few non-senn headphones to bring that'd be awesome. I can set up my Cyrus CDP with two outputs in the living room for one rig, with Javier's Head-Five and whatever you want to bring. My main rig will then be the turntable to the MPX3. All up to you how you want to do it. If you do want to bring some monsters I've got room for them as well. Don't be skerred when you see my house, it's ancient and in a state of half-repair on the outside but it's been rewired from the old knob & tube setup to safe modern wires, and the inside's comfy
icon10.gif

Google map to my house: Link

Apr 24, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #7 of 70
I'm up for either weekend. Right now besides portables, I just have my V2-SE out. I haven't dug the other stuff out of the crates yet, though honestly I can't remember what I shipped and what I left in CA. Guess there's only one way to find out but life has just been too busy... Anyway, I can bring that and a nice selection of headphones (I have those unpacked) along with the Aristaeous.

Apr 24, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #8 of 70
Which weekend? I could bring the TTVJ Millet Hybrid Portable Amp, Tomahawk, SR-71 (maybe), and depending on which weekend a LaRocco PRII MkII. Thanks.

BTW, for me it is better on a Saturday. I can drive in the morning and return later in the day. Thanks again.

Apr 24, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #9 of 70
I'm gonna see what I can do to go. I'm in the market this week or next for an amp for my UM2's, so this'll be a good thing for me to try some amps...

Apr 24, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #10 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which weekend? I could bring the TTVJ Millet Hybrid Portable Amp, Tomahawk, SR-71 (maybe), and depending on which weekend a LaRocco PRII MkII. Thanks.

BTW, for me it is better on a Saturday. I can drive in the morning and return later in the day. Thanks again.

oh man that would be freaking awesome

its better for me on a saturday but i can do a sunday as well

ill bring the headfive and ms1 if you guys want me to.

also id prefer the morning as matt already knows that i work at 3pm(every other weekend) so id like at least to hang out for a couple of hours

Apr 24, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #13 of 70
Or we can plan for a weekend when you're working mornings. This weekend isn't mandatory I'm fine with this or the next or whenever. What Reivaj was describing was that he works 7-3PM one weekend and 3-11PM the next, rotating. So I'm thinking it'll be better if we start on a Saturday say around 1 PM and then he can join us when he gets off work. It'll give him more time to hang out without stressing about leaving for the job. We can plan for next Saturday, the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo!). Or this Saturday if anyone was wanting to do it then, and Javier can switch shifts.

Apr 24, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #15 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"5 de Mayo" with an start time of 1:00pm would be fine with me. BTW any good and cheap hotels close by? I would probably stay Saturday to Sunday. Thanks.

I got yer spot Miguel, extra room with a bed. If you prefer a hotel there's a Marriott about 3 miles away. http://marriott.com/hotels/travel/tp...tampa-brandon/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back