T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Sep 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #2,131 of 2,595
Nice move with the o-rings, the cable looks really nice cosmetically, totally agree on the stock cable sounding rather average in comparison, it was one of the first things I noticed when changing to my upgrade cable. We need to face the truth here the stock cables suck, they're a weak link in the chain, sorry to those who are still using them but that shouldn't be for too much longer! The difference to me changing to 7N SPC was rather noticeable and certainly worth your time if you're an H-200 owner.

Sep 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #2,133 of 2,595
Are these the right o-rings?

Lol! Thanks for those great impressions d marc0! It's great knowing that I can get even better sound out of the H200's with a cable upgrade - woo hoo!

Sep 7, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #2,134 of 2,595
Lol! That was a good one Wayne.

My pleasure guys. Glad to be of service.

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #2,135 of 2,595
  Are these the right o-rings?

Lol! Thanks for those great impressions d marc0! It's great knowing that I can get even better sound out of the H200's with a cable upgrade - woo hoo!

Way OT but man, that looks like a neighbor I had.  Same age, big 'ol belly, never wore a damned shirt and was always flooding my yard with his broken irrigation system.  Thereby forcing me to knock on his door and see his pierced flab in order to ask him to shut it off.

I will thank you, Wayne for resurrecting such wonderful memories
eek.gif

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #2,136 of 2,595
Just got a like new pair of H200s in a trade for my MDR7550s and first impressions are good. So good that my go-to, GR07 BE is being sidelined. If the driver flex was less of a concern, I might consider selling the Vsonics... More impressions to come. 

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #2,137 of 2,595

Way OT but man, that looks like a neighbor I had.  Same age, big 'ol belly, never wore a damned shirt and was always flooding my yard with his broken irrigation system.  Thereby forcing me to knock on his door and see his pierced flab in order to ask him to shut it off.

I will thank you, Wayne for resurrecting such wonderful memories
eek.gif

You're welcome Tehol! I think that Beck wrote about your neighbor here...

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #2,138 of 2,595
  Just got a like new pair of H200s in a trade for my MDR7550s and first impressions are good. So good that my go-to, GR07 BE is being sidelined. If the driver flex was less of a concern, I might consider selling the Vsonics... More impressions to come. 

Had the BE's. Never felt the love. Feel the love wiht the H200's though. Glad you're liking them!

How is the driver flex affecting things for you?

Edit: I think the issues I had with the BE's must have been due to not being able to get a proper fit and seal.

Sep 8, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #2,139 of 2,595
  Nice move with the o-rings, the cable looks really nice cosmetically, totally agree on the stock cable sounding rather average in comparison, it was one of the first things I noticed when changing to my upgrade cable. We need to face the truth here the stock cables suck, they're a weak link in the chain, sorry to those who are still using them but that shouldn't be for too much longer! The difference to me changing to 7N SPC was rather noticeable and certainly worth your time if you're an H-200 owner.

I read that you recently auditioned the ASG2's. How do you feel the H200's compare?

Sep 8, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #2,140 of 2,595

I read that you recently auditioned the ASG2's. How do you feel the H200's compare?

I think ASG-2 are quite a bit superior to H-200, in more than a few area's. the head stage and soundstage on ASG-2 is much larger so everything sounds bigger or blown up in proportion, it has better coherency right across the board and makes H-200 sound congested, also ASG-2's detail extension goes beyond what H-200 can achieve and makes them sound babyish, especially with the  intimate vocals ASG-2 has.  Far as tonality is concerned I prefer the crisper edge H-200 has over the slightly darker mid bassy ASG-2 which sounds more natural. But one cannot deny H-200 must bow down and assume the position when ASG-2 enters the room.

This isn't to say H-200 are bad because I still use them almost daily recently. H-200 lived past my Westone 4 ownership which I have now sold. I have word from T-Peos that they'll be sending me some H-200 cables to review and give impression on this week. One pure silver, and another silver plated cable, (the cables I showed you all a page or so back) So really guys the cables don't appear that far away, even though I think it's taken too long personally.... 

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #2,141 of 2,595

I think ASG-2 are quite a bit superior to H-200, in more than a few area's. the head stage and soundstage on ASG-2 is much larger so everything sounds bigger or blown up in proportion, it has better coherency right across the board and makes H-200 sound congested, also ASG-2's detail extension goes beyond what H-200 can achieve and makes them sound babyish, especially with the  intimate vocals ASG-2 has.  Far as tonality is concerned I prefer the crisper edge H-200 has over the slightly darker mid bassy ASG-2 which sounds more natural. But one cannot deny H-200 must bow down and assume the position when ASG-2 enters the room.

This isn't to say H-200 are bad because I still use them almost daily recently. H-200 lived past my Westone 4 ownership which I have now sold. I have word from T-Peos that they'll be sending me some H-200 cables to review and give impression on this week. One pure silver, and another silver plated cable, (the cables I showed you all a page or so back) So really guys the cables don't appear that far away, even though I think it's taken too long personally.... 

+1

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #2,142 of 2,595
True enough, those upgrade cables are away overdue. I'm hoping they improve the micro-phonics on them.

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #2,143 of 2,595
True enough, those upgrade cables are away overdue. I'm hoping they improve the micro-phonics on them.

I believe in the fine prints of that image of the cables H20Fidelity posted a few days back, it mentioned that there is still microphonics.

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #2,144 of 2,595

Spend my weekend doing this Crazy stiff cable :) using 4x 4n OCC silver solid core 28AWG , :scream::scream: not good for traveling but sound Crazily good :) Can only use at home but i am very happy with the sound quality of the silver cable.

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #2,145 of 2,595
I love this IEM paired with HiFi-M8.

I'm just curious since I have the CMB version of HiFi-M8 if it's possible to replace the stock cable with a balanced cable configuration. Will that make any difference in the SQ? Will it be worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back