T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Aug 30, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #2,116 of 2,595
Quote:

This is with the tips pushed in. Just push the tips toward the body of the iem, and it will stay like that.

I just thought it was worth a try.

In the image, are those the stock black tips? My tips are a bit mixed up... do they have a green core? If so, I am trying to get them pushed on far like you are showing, but I can't seem to do it. I'll keep trying!

Edit: I just managed to get one on that far...

Sep 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #2,121 of 2,595
which cable is that? been using the stock red 

A few months ago we had a member from Korea help out with some custom cables shipping them abroad from Korea, however this member was doing so in his spare time, made nothing from it and was completely flooded with people asking more than he could handle, luckily before he was overwhelmed with requests a few of the cables got, out and that SPC 7 N in the photo was one of them. It wasn't cheap though, the cable alone was about $50 + $10 for the Viablue jack then $20 for EMS shipping, after currency conversation the purchase set me back about $90 Aud.

So unfortunately the cable is not available anymore and members must wait to T-Peos to finish theirs.

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #2,124 of 2,595
Quote:

Where did you get that rubber band?

It appears it is one of those Rhapsodio Glow-in-the-dark bands, but I don't think they are sold anymore. You might have to double check that.

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #2,125 of 2,595
My crazy H-200 rig at the moment.

This is what I love to see in a portable rig. Function, looks and sound all in one, the black and gold just looks so classy. IMO, It doesn't matter how good it sounds, if you're carrying around a 2 ton brick you could probably kill someone with, it ain't exactly "portable" anymore. Lol

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #2,126 of 2,595
Where did you get that rubber band?

It is one of Rhapsodios amp bands, which as SkyBleu mentioned glow in the dark.

This is what I love to see in a portable rig. Function, looks and sound all in one, the black and gold just looks so classy. IMO, It doesn't matter how good it sounds, if you're carrying around a 2 ton brick you could probably kill someone with, it ain't exactly "portable" anymore. Lol

I showed some friends on facebook that rig without any earphones connected and they were all convinced it was a taser. (home made taser)

It weighs: 254 grams.

Sep 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #2,127 of 2,595
I received an update from Kwon of Tpeos and he said they are gonna decide on the pricing this month for the two kinds of upgrade cables. Just as H20 mentioned in his updates.

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #2,128 of 2,595

My upgrade cable has arrived! Got this from an eBay seller who was kind enough to procure the connectors compatible to H200. It's 6x wires 99.99% silver plated.

Impression coming soon...

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #2,129 of 2,595
Awesome d marc0!

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #2,130 of 2,595

So here I am with the upgrade cable from an eBay seller who does custom cables for various IEMs like TF10s, Westones, and IE80's. This is a braided 6 x wires 99.99% SPC with 24K gold plated copper pin connectors and WBT 4% silver solder. I'm quite happy with the build; simple, clean, and seems durable. There's one little issue with the connectors which I'll elaborate down below.

Now, I'll describe the changes in the H200 sound...

BASS: Lower frequencies are now less forward making the overall sound signature less warmer and closer to a more neutral sound. Bass drums sound a bit more clearer, snappy, and better textured. TBH, I like this change in the lows for most of the songs I listen to: Rock, Metal, Contemporary, 70's/80's Pop. The only time I wanted more Bass is when listening to modern EDM but as a consolation, the bass boost on my JDSlabs C5 is now more serviceable because of this. I used to feel the bass was too much when bass boost was on with the stock cables.

MIDS: This seems to be the least affected by the upgrade cable. Clarity in the MIDS is what I observed to be noticeable in the H200 with upgrade cables; the lushness in the vocals really stands out when listening to music.  

HIGHS: The best thing about the upgrade cables is that they seem to get rid of the random harshness in the Treble region. The metallic shimmer that is occasionally heard is gone for the most part and sibilance is no longer an issue for me. Now, CLARITY... again this is what the upgrade cables are all about. Everything is now at another level when it comes to CLARITY and DETAIL. I just couldn't go back to the stock cable because I'm so immersed into the music when listening through the H200 with upgrade cable.

SOUNDSTAGE: The upgrade cable adds a bit more width and a lot more depth to the H200's soundstage.

SOUND AS A WHOLE: The H200 sounds VERY different with the upgrade cables. It's less warmer in the low end and a bit colder in the higher regions. The sound signature is leaning towards a more analytical sound with a bit of warmth. And that's not all... my favourite change in sound is the background. I now have this weird experience that when listening to music, the background seems to be a lot darker than it used to. It's like this void behind the music as if there's really nothing else around you. Just you and the music... I can't even explain it for lack of better word or I'm just not technically skilled in audio. Overall, I love the changes that the upgrade cable brings. It has opened up my mind and I now firmly believe that premium materials in cables can make a huge difference in sound.

CONS:
*Microphonics - people who can't deal with microphonics should stay away from this cable. I personally don't mind because I use a shirt clip AND I only use the H200 for critical listening at home.
*Cable - not as supple and manageable as the stock cable but not too rigid either. Plus there's a Sennheiser branding on the chrome plated housing of the 3.5mm jack.
*Connectors - the jacks are a bit bigger and longer than the ones on the stock cable. Bigger is a plus because they now fit tightly in the IEMs. Longer is not so nice because there is a gap between the jack housing and the IEMs (see picture below). Fortunately it is easy to remedy: O-rings! I got the o-rings from a body piercing shop; even got them for free! The O-rings will serve as a spacer.

I really hated that gap!

Now that's more like it!

CONCLUSION: This cable cost me US$75 shipped... a bit expensive because the supplier had to order the connectors in bulk because they originally didn't have them. So is the extra $75 worth it? If you have an H200, the upgrade cable is a MUST IMHO. Not only does it sound HEAPS better, but I think this is what the H200 should sound like right from the start. It's a shame that T-PEOS didn't originally consider SPC's as the secondary cable instead of the Red Stock Cable. That would have been the complete package!

Now, it's only a matter of time before T-PEOS releases their own upgrade cables. I hope they do it soon for the sake of all H200 owners because the sound is just amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back