T-PEOS H-200 Custom Upgrade Cables (Alloyed Silver & Silver Plated Versions)
Sep 16, 2013 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

H20Fidelity

Headphoneus Supremus
T-PEOS H-200 hybrid owners have been awaiting custom upgrade options for their three way hybrid IEM's. With some help from T-PEOS and their partner company Mobynet they have come up with some options. Today I will be reviewing two cables and pointing out the good and the not so good, along with prices and how to order.

The two options available are as stated below, I will review each cable separately and show their pricing along with ordering details at the end of the mini review. 

First up we have the 7N OFC silver plated copper version.

Price: $90 USD (plus shipping)
Length: 1.2 meters
Plug: 3.5mm Gold Plated Oyaide

Build / Design / comfort:

I have mixed feelings about this cable, it sounds great and I mean terrific, the build quality is solid and it seems very durable against wear and tear using a thicker gauge wire than the alloyed silver version below however, there's a few things letting this cable down. It's stiff and holds shape rather awkwardly, it doesn't like to relax causing some issues on the go. There are microphonics present as well which can be bothersome. I really find it hard to recommend for on the go purposes, the lack of a cable cinch also contributes and worsens the situation, it would be better suited to home environments and for that task does a great job, as I've been using it from my main home amplifier and it sounds fantastic.

There's a red indicator above the right jack connector attached to differentiate each side  in which each plug  firmly "clicks" into the housing. The Y split is sturdy with no glue or visible marks, I can easily say this cable won't be coming apart in a hurry, it almost feels to the touch military grade but in saying that it's lack of flexibility kills the vibe. However, for those wanting a home audio cable for H-200 that screams powerful presentation the silver plated copper version might be for you.

Sound:

The first thing that became apparent testing this cable is how powerful it sounds not only in bass performance, the headstage becomes larger, soundstage width expands and the music is kind of thrown at you in a semi aggressive fashion, the larger gauge wire is rather noticeable to the ear. An increase in detail extension around the mids and treble is apparent along with a lift in tonality and clarity, H-200 sound crisper, or cooler, it richens the timbre of instruments and separation improves. Anyone who's listened to silver plated copper (SPC) cable before will have an idea what to expect, however during testing this cable is probably one of the best cables (sound wise) I have personally heard. the difference is there and not just a little one. It requires less volume to drive H-200 going much louder without distortion which can be rewarding with such increases in clarity and detail.

Pros:
Soundstage
Powerful  presentation
Detail / clarity
DAP requires less volume 
Treble extenstion.
Bass Impact

Cons:
Not very flexible
Cable noise present
Lack of a cable cinch (chin slider)

Conclusion:

I love the look, sound and thickness of this cable it looks like something built for audio, you get that feeling of satisfaction using it and the appearance makes it feel like a solid contender, but I'm going to give out a warning that it isn't very flexible, stiff and has cable noise that might cause problems for those of us very active out there. I would recommend for home use and for that purpose it does very well indeed.

Alloyed Silver and Copper cable:

Price:frowning2:Promotion $100 USD) $140 USD (plus shipping)
Length: 1.2 meters
Plug: 
3.5mm Gold Plated Oyaide

Build / Design/ Comfort:

Unlike the previous cable we looked at this alloyed silver version is terribly comfortable, has near no cable noise, even when shaking it wildly the light weight material flops around relaxed without any issues, this cable also looks good as it feels rating high on comfort levels to a point you can forget it's there. As seen in the photo's it's been designed for over the ear use .....on an earphone that is designed to be worn down, which left me scratching my head at first.

And so it was within 24 hours the cable caused problems for me with certain tips wearing the housings upside down, it wasn't long before I took a hair dryer to the light weight plastic ear hoops straightening them which took about 10 seconds with a hair dryer each side, really no effort at all. (very easy to do) I will add the reason for doing this was because I use a preferred tip on H-200 which simply wouldn't seal wearing the housings this way, other tips however, were fine. 

The cable is light, flexible, comfortable, supports a cable cinch, sounds great, it's a real winner as an all rounder in my books. Again unlike the silver plated version this cable has a blue and red marking on the actual contact section (on the jack) which becomes invisible when you plug the cable into each housing. I think this was a great idea as you can easily pick each side apart when changing cables, and it helps lock the connector into each housing. Again, a firm "click" will lock the cable in place.

Sound:

When I first tried this cable I was terribly surprised how good it sounds -  it really helps excel H-200 the next level, you can easily hear the silver working it's magic, it's much crisper, cleaner than the stock cables with a large advantage in soundstage width, separation and clarity. Detail extension reaches further, you hear deeper into vocals, H-200  are able to open up taking that already above average clarity to a whole new level without distortion.

It was so tempting to turn up the volume with this cable because the louder I went the clarity increased dramitcally, with certain songs I was reminded of my days listening to Rhapsodios RDB+ v1 which was known for ear melting clarity levels, with this alloyed silver cable and the right track I think H-200 may even surpass that of RDB+ v1, as it's terribly crisp, clean and a touch bright. Another area that stands out to me is the treble extension and detail upstairs certainly noticeable, there's more air and detail going on in upper treble regions. You're really extracting H-200 to another level and it's pleasure listening too.

Pros:

Soundstage
Smooth airy
Detail, high clarity levels
Treble extension
Clean, crisp timbre
Light weight, very flexible
Near no cable noise over the ear or (worn down)

Cons:
Might not be a great fit worn over the ear for some.

Conclusion:

So which is the better cable? which one do I like the most? Well up until yesterday I would say the alloyed silver version wins hands down, it's lighter, less stiff, and sounds amazing, it will offer what H-200 owners have been looking for, the detail / air of a silver cable also perfect for on the go purposes and durable enough for the long haul. However, since spending some time at home with the silver plated version I cannot help but become attached to it. Sure it has some cable noise, it's stiff, but I really feel "plugged in" using it, and pushing those issues aside it does sound fantastic and rather powerful, extracting a lot from H-200. So really I guess it depends on your flavour, if you need a cable for home use I can recommend the silver plated version, if however you're on the go, I would possibly really be considering the alloyed silver version instead.

The cables will be made to order and you can get the ball rolling for yours by contacting this email.

moby@mobynet.co.kr  (tell them what cable you want and your preferred shipping method)

If you have problems receiving a reply from the above email please refer to this one below.

k1880497@swpshinwoo.com

Once they've received applications  they will get the materials in and build each cable sending them out on a first come first severed basis. (numeric order)

Prices: 

Silver plated:  $90 USD
Alloyed Silver (promotion $100 USD) $140 USD

(available shipping methods) 

EMS $20 (
3~5 working days)
Registered post $10 (10~20 working days)

~H20

Sep 16, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #2 of 45
Very nice write up, H20!

Was a pleasure to read, and it made me somewhat regretful of my H-200 sale, as that silver cable sounded like it could have made the H-200's all the better!

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #3 of 45
Nicely done H20! Thanks for making the effort mate, good on you. I just wonder if those cables makes a big difference over my current uprgade cable... but I do like how they look tho.

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #4 of 45
  Nicely done H20! Thanks for making the effort mate, good on you. I just wonder if those cables makes a big difference over my current uprgade cable... but I do like how they look tho.

There were a few typos which have been corrected. 

I guess if you're in Australia I am happy to loan the  alloyed silver version to you and give an opinion. 

If you're interested let me know via PM.

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 45
Great review Luke! It's sad that I don't have the H200 but I do have the AX-60. I wonder how it compares against the H200 (same driver config). 

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #7 of 45
  H20 do you know if they will remove the memory wire on the Alloyed Silver and Copper cable?

There actually isn't any memory wire on the cable, it relies on some plastic tubing which is very light weight, I don't think they need to remove it.

You can see here a demonstration of what I did, even if you straighten the hoops you could still wear H-200 over the ear afterwards it's very flexible soft cable.  

It was very easy to straighten them.

Disconnect the earpieces.
Hold the cable up in the air by it's connectors.
Wave a hair dryer on medium over the hoops for about 10-20 seconds.
The weight of the cable/jack pulls the plastic hoops straight as they're not terribly thick.
Let them cool for 30 seconds while still holding the cable in the air.

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #8 of 45

There actually isn't any memory wire on the cable, it relies on some plastic tubing which is very light weight, I don't think they need to remove it.

You can see here a demonstration of what I did, even if you straighten the hoops you could still wear H-200 over the ear afterwards it's very flexible soft cable.  

It was very easy to straighten them.

Disconnect the earpieces.
Hold the cable up in the air by it's connectors.
Wave a hair dryer on medium over the hoops for about 10-20 seconds.
The weight of the cable/jack pulls the plastic hoops straight as they're not terribly thick.
Let them cool for 30 seconds while still holding the cable in the air.

Thank you for clearing that up because from the picture I thought they were memory wires. I'm going to order the cable :)

Sep 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #9 of 45
Yup, great write-up H20!

Sep 17, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #10 of 45
Cheers guys.  
beerchug.gif

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #14 of 45
I got two replies from them, but they think I want to order two cables when I only want one. After indicating I only want one cable they have not replied. I think there some slight language barrier there. I am currently waiting for them to send me an invoice so I can pay for the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back