Surprise TDK MT-300: $4.97 of AWESOME...
Jan 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #166 of 371
Took the plunge and only brought the MT300s with me on vacation. Might be a W4 and some Grados packed in here somewhere, but only really using these. If they can withstand a two month trek across the Great White North, then across Asia, then back...well

Oh, and I must be one of the few who can't wear them straight down. Over-ears for life!

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #167 of 371
Quote:
Took the plunge and only brought the MT300s with me on vacation. Might be a W4 and some Grados packed in here somewhere, but only really using these. If they can withstand a two month trek across the Great White North, then across Asia, then back...well

Whoa - that's a bit of an endorsement I must say! Cool.

Quote:
Oh, and I must be one of the few who can't wear them straight down. Over-ears for life!

I'm trying that right now, but having difficulty getting the same depth of insertion and sound. I'll keep trying though!

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #168 of 371
Thanks to cgraham I received mine today.  Without any burn-in, these sound mighty good.  The bass is less abundant than the MH1C's which is a good thing.  The sound is spacious and very engaging.  I think these might be even a bigger find than the MH1C's.  Absolutely loving this sound from such an inexpensive earphone.  I love how tiny it is and fit is perfect. 

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #169 of 371
Quote:
Thanks to cgraham I received mine today.  Without any burn-in, these sound mighty good.  The bass is less abundant than the MH1C's which is a good thing.  The sound is spacious and very engaging.  I think these might be even a bigger find than the MH1C's.  Absolutely loving this sound from such an inexpensive earphone.  I love how tiny it is and fit is perfect. 

I've had a few days to compare the 2 phones, and I agree completely. These are spectacular.

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #171 of 371
Quote:

Whoa - that's a bit of an endorsement I must say! Cool.

I'm trying that right now, but having difficulty getting the same depth of insertion and sound. I'll keep trying though!

And why haven't you looked out for me, oh buddy oh pal? lol ... Glad you're enjoying them. I'll try them one day. The $20 pair sold out in states.

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #172 of 371
I'm scared to post my thoughts.
And thanks NICK!!!

The MT300's were spread around like a virus. Thankfully though we all seem to be happy to have caught it!

And why haven't you looked out for me, oh buddy oh pal? lol ... Glad you're enjoying them. I'll try them one day. The $20 pair sold out in states.

He he, always thinking of you buddy! The problem is that I don't have any XScargo's around here to snag you a pair, so the only pair that I have are molecularly bonded to my ear canals lol. I have a solultion! We can swap iem's for a while... your 100's for my 300's? I can hear your LOL from here! I'm sure somebody else will offer to hook you up though.

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #173 of 371
The plastic sleeve just before the TRS jack came unglued today. It hasn't been through THAT many insertions/removals. It's just cosmetic but still a bit scary.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #175 of 371
Quote:

The MT300's were spread around like a virus. Thankfully though we all seem to be happy to have caught it!

He he, always thinking of you buddy! The problem is that I don't have any XScargo's around here to snag you a pair, so the only pair that I have are molecularly bonded to my ear canals lol. I have a solultion! We can swap iem's for a while... your 100's for my 300's? I can hear your LOL from here! I'm sure somebody else will offer to hook you up though.

Well I may send you the 100s to hear when the 200s get here. I'll consider it. lol..

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #176 of 371
Quote:

Well I may send you the 100s to hear when the 200s get here. I'll consider it. lol..

Whoa - I was just kidding - I'm not sure I'm worthy, or that I could handle the responsibility lol! But I sure do appreciate that you didn't just laugh in my face. Thanks buddy!
smile.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #177 of 371
Quote:

Whoa - I was just kidding - I'm not sure I'm worthy, or that I could handle the responsibility lol! But I sure do appreciate that you didn't just laugh in my face. Thanks buddy!
smile.gif

Let me use my BS translator: "Whao - I was dead serious - But I'm scared of those FXZs to death, cuz I know once I try them I am gonna be floored. I don't want to sell my wallet to get both of them FXZs, so no thanks." I can read you like a book WAYNE, cuz you think just like me. LoL

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #179 of 371
lol

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #180 of 371
Quote:
Let me use my BS translator: "Whao - I was dead serious - But I'm scared of those FXZs to death, cuz I know once I try them I am gonna be floored. I don't want to sell my wallet to get both of them FXZs, so no thanks." I can read you like a book WAYNE, cuz you think just like me. LoL

The Amazing Kreskin. Scary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back