Subtonic STORM: Impressions and Discussion
Apr 6, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #841 of 988
Man this looks like a headphone cable….something suited for 3 pin mini XLR or 3.5mm headphone termination and not 2 pin IEM

Yeah heh I don’t think it was really made for typical consumer use perhaps? It’s a beast for sure.

How much is the Sovereign 8W?

I’m not sure.

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #844 of 988
PXL_20240310_190951999.jpg

truly end-game setup (if you ignore the $140 DAP)

Was fun to try this during NYC :p

Apr 7, 2024 at 3:23 AM Post #845 of 988
Unfortunately I do not have the ears (or the wallet) to support that one 😢

That cable :O :O :O
Looks like a boa constrictor

Apr 8, 2024 at 2:52 AM Post #847 of 988
Finally tried the Storm at CanJam Singapore. My goodness. It's the Crimson on steroids and a whole bunch of illegal drugs. The resolution is insane, a lot of everything, while still neutral. The music coming through is like watching a river flowing. A big river. Classical music is like an orchestra of angels. A rollercoaster of emotions. Blackpink is like being at a strip bar with the best sound system in the world. I guess I now know what world class top of the line means. Spoiled the fun too. Since it's one of the first IEMs I heard at CanJam. I lost interest in everything else. The only other one that did it for me was the Annihilator.

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #848 of 988
Oh wow...take my money now! Can't wait for the re-launch. What DAC/DAP did you listen to it on?
From reading the posts, I know the STORM scales well depending on what is upstream that you're listening through. For those who have it, will listening to it on my Qudelix 5K be a disservice or will you still be able to experience what @DingDongMonster just explained??

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #849 of 988
Oh wow...take my money now! Can't wait for the re-launch. What DAC/DAP did you listen to it on?
From reading the posts, I know the STORM scales well depending on what is upstream that you're listening through. For those who have it, will listening to it on my Qudelix 5K be a disservice or will you still be able to experience what @DingDongMonster just explained??
I have the Crimson. When they say you need to give it power to sing. I know what that statement means. I lugged the Xduoo XD05 Pro with the ESS card and Sparkos amps. If it's all new to you. This thing is so good. It'll make your nipples erect. Read my experience here. Get it on sale and it's pretty affordable. This with an iphone tethered is what I used to try the Storm.

The cost of the Storm does not allow an impulse buy. Got to wait for the next batch anyway. So plenty of time to stew.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #850 of 988

Looking at the photos from the CJ Singapore impressions also consider which cable they had Storm paired with.

If it was the Sovereign cables - they are expensive. Stellar. But expensive.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #851 of 988
Looking at the photos from the CJ Singapore impressions also consider which cable they had Storm paired with.

If it was the Sovereign cables - they are expensive. Stellar. But expensive.
I tried it with the stock cable the regular edition will be shipped with.

Apr 8, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #853 of 988
Glad you loved it, I am quite obsessed with it as is (with the Mira 4W) and I've been told from multiple sources that while the Sovereign Symphony is thicker and heavier that it is actually more comfortable overall... so I should be okay. :) I did demo the Sovereign Symphony twice and it seems alright but that was shorter sessions.

IMG_9696.JPGIMG_9698 2.JPG
the mira is cool but really ruins the aesthetic since it doesnt match the storms at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back