SoundMAGIC PL30 impressions
Sep 26, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #122 of 327
Damnit, I paid $48US for these yesterday off ebay!! Oh well, if I like them, I'll definitely buy another pair off focalprice, for only $20 I can't see why you wouldn't.

Which brings me to my next question; Chinesekiwi, why don't you just buy some?! Haha. You seem pretty keen to know how they sound so surely the best idea is to try them and at $20US (with free shipping) even if they're a throw away job you're not breaking the bank :p

Sep 26, 2008 at 10:21 AM Post #123 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stikk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which brings me to my next question; Chinesekiwi, why don't you just buy some?! Haha. You seem pretty keen to know how they sound so surely the best idea is to try them and at $20US (with free shipping) even if they're a throw away job you're not breaking the bank :p

It's not really the price of it, it's more buying an unknown product tbh since I rely on reviews and research a lot in buying stuff online and I don't comfortable being 'guinea pig'.

That said, I'm probably in the best position out of anyone apart from Mr Moneybags Lewislink since I have a few earphones around that price range (see sig) and some foamies to test out the isolation. Also testing out pre-burn-in, during burn-in etc...

Sep 26, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #124 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not really the price of it, it's more buying an unknown product tbh since I rely on reviews and research a lot in buying stuff online and I don't comfortable being 'guinea pig'.

That said, I'm probably in the best position out of anyone apart from Mr Moneybags Lewislink since I have a few earphones around that price range (see sig) and some foamies to test out the isolation. Also testing out pre-burn-in, during burn-in etc...

ROFL! LOLLOL
darthsmile.gif
tongue.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 11:08 AM Post #127 of 327
lew: You make me think about all the money I spent a few years ago. I think I bought every new headphone that came out and some were very exspensive. I bought 3 sony 3000 at 400.00 each and the rs-1 that cost 500.00or 600.00 I forget. LOL plus exspensive amps and of course sources like the nad cd 541 I think it was. Boy did I did a hole. I just couldnot stop for a few years. This place can be a bad habbit if you have little control. Thats why I like this budget fi thing. Look today I bought a another iem but it only cost 20.00. HA revenge of the head-fi addict.

Sep 26, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #128 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lew: You make me think about all the money I spent a few years ago. I think I bought every new headphone that came out and some were very exspensive. I bought 3 sony 3000 at 400.00 each and the rs-1 that cost 500.00or 600.00 I forget. LOL plus exspensive amps and of course sources like the nad cd 541 I think it was. Boy did I did a hole. I just couldnot stop for a few years. This place can be a bad habbit if you have little control. Thats why I like this budget fi thing. Look today I bought a another iem but it only cost 20.00. HA revenge of the head-fi addict.

Ah, how sweet those NAD audio equipment are. You had a NAD CD player, one of the few that Stereophile found to be worthy of a Class C rating. Man! How I remember those days when I was heavy into home audio equipment. I wanted some some serious equipment but it was way out of my price range. I was longing for some B&W speakers, a couple B&K amps and a NAD CD player and some other NAD equipment like a preamp and such. I found great satisfaction in my Adcom setup and Snell EIIIs with a JVC Super Digifine K2 CD player that I was going to externally DAC.

Sep 26, 2008 at 11:33 AM Post #129 of 327
Wow you did lose it. LOL. I guess now this much less exspensive stuff is a GOD send for a lot of us. I mean I still have not much control but it cost lots less for the stuff I buy now. Please stop me if you see me going to full size headphones again because you know that means sources and amps also. Oh no not again. Just shoot me if I stray again. Thanks. LOL. My feedback has about 100 post so you know I was moving along in true head-fi style.

Sep 26, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #134 of 327
My thoughts on the bass nobs. With them on the sounds goes straight ahead into the ear. With them off if you put them to the ear you can hear the music playing through the hole so you get the music straight ahead and behind them. OR maby with them off it lets the pl-30 breath and exspan the sound OR both of of these. Now with them off and in the ears if you put your finger lightly on the holes just enought to cover them the soundstage decresses and the fullness goes away. But as soon as you take fingers away the sound get louder bigger and fuller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back