SoundMAGIC PL30 impressions
Sep 25, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #107 of 327
The e-mail I sent to foclprice

HI: I bought the soundmagic pl-30 from great-sounds for 52.00 shipped and ordered a pair from you for 20.00 shipped. The pl-30 are one fantastic sounding iem. I mean these pl-30 sound better than some 200.00 iem. What a great,fantastic,super buy from you guys and girls.

Now my challange to all of you at foclprice is to come up with a 50.00 iem that sounds much better than the pl-30 and just blows me away for 50.00 that sounds better than 300.00-400.00 iem. Thank You I will be a loyal custermer because of your great prices. Thanks again. LOU T

Sep 25, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #108 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The e-mail I sent to foclprice

HI: I bought the soundmagic pl-30 from great-sounds for 52.00 shipped and ordered a pair from you for 20.00 shipped. The pl-30 are one fantastic sounding iem. I mean these pl-30 sound better than some 200.00 iem. What a great,fantastic,super buy from you guys and girls.

Now my challange to all of you at foclprice is to come up with a 50.00 iem that sounds much better than the pl-30 and just blows me away for 50.00 that sounds better than 300.00-400.00 iem. Thank You I will be a loyal custermer because of your great prices. Thanks again. LOU T

You have stated that they're better than $200 IEM's (a bold statement) but no details on why...come on......

Need details really. Not good leaving people in the dark....

Sep 25, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #109 of 327
Well I had the etys er-4p and like the pl-30 better and had several other iem that cost I forget it was a while ago but I got ride of all of them and whent to full size head phones. Now I am back to iem and like the pl-30 as my only source for my music. Oh a member whos opinion I really value and who has owned lots of different iem stated he likes the pl-30 better than his dennon 751 that cost about 200.00. Hey dont take my word for it just drop 20.00 and see for your self.
normal_smile .gif

Sep 25, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #110 of 327
Quote:

Well I had the etys er-4p and like the pl-30 better and had several other iem that cost I forget it was a while ago but I got ride of all of them and whent to full size head phones. Now I am back to iem and like the pl-30 as my only source for my music. Oh a member whos opinion I really value and who has owned lots of different iem stated he likes the pl-30 better than his dennon 751 that cost about 200.00. Hey dont take my word for it just drop 20.00 and see for your self.
normal_smile .gif

Ok sure you and he likes the PL-30's better but we need details like comparisons e.g. the treble's better/darker/more bass etc....

Sep 25, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #111 of 327
HI: OK this is an easy one. Go to the first post here and read them all and you will read about all that. I am not good with spelling or terminalogy and I can only put stuff in my own uneducated words. Sorry but I left shool at age 16. I am now 66 and I think its a little late but I do the best that I can.
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 25, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #113 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok sure you and he likes the PL-30's better but we need details like comparisons e.g. the treble's better/darker/more bass etc....

They sound very similar to the SA6. They have a bit darker and softer edged sound. The mids are a little muddy but nothing serious. The highs are about like the SA6 and the bass is very similar but not as well controlled.

Sep 25, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #114 of 327
This is within the first 4 pages but I dont think I should say who the poster is. I dont have his permission to do so.

They do sound much better than the FX66, though. They are more akin to the Super fi-3 or 4. Thats, what I believe they sound most like, the UE 3 or 4.

Actually, on some music, I think they are a neutral Denon AH-C751. The Denons, I have to EQ tweak to make sound excellent. These I don't have to do that tweaking but I don't believe their whole sound is equal to the Denons. Again, though, they aren't broken in yet. lol

After further consideration I've decided the current sound most approximates the Jays D-Jays

Yep, I'd say these are quite impressive canalphones for no more than what they cost. They have a crisp, clean sound that is only slightly colored but sounds more akin to phones in the $100 to $200 range

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #116 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered a pair from focalprice to use at the gym since they look real enough.

Can't wait to test these out. How do they sound amped?

I can't say, I never tried them unamped. lol

Everything I listen to is amped all the time. There isn't any time I'm not using an amp. Ever since obtaining an iPod LOD, the iPods and iPhone are all I listen to. With the exception of using my Sony dock to listen with my Sony DAPs while not needing to go anywhere. However...trying not to stay off topic...I found that the Sony DAPs will play through their line out without being connected to a power source once it has been initialed by power.

Anyway, the PL30s are great, especially for $20!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #117 of 327
You guys have given me an idea. I have a mini disk-cd deck. I also have a very powerfull stereo amp with a great headphone out. I have a extention cable that works very good. Tomorrow or later tonight if I stay up late I will try the pl-30 amped through my cd deck. I have been useing my sansa clip and portable radio as a home setup and totaly forgot about the times I used my home setup to listen to music. I just fell in love with my clip and portable radio. I do remember my stereo-cd deck sounded great with the many full size headphones I bought and I mean many. Some of those headphones were high end like the 701 and 650. Thanks guys

Needless to say right after I posted this I put my pl-30 into my stereo-cd deck and put on karen Carpenter and they are playing now and wow so very clean. There goes my sansa clip. The only disavantage is I have to change cds one at a time but my deck has a mini disc also with all my favorite stuff but I think the cds sound best. The pl-30 sound great out of this home rig.

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #118 of 327
Quote:

You guys have given me an idea. I have a mini disk-cd deck. I also have a very powerfull stereo amp with a great headphone out. I have a extention cable that works very good. Tomorrow or later tonight if I stay up late I will try the pl-30 amped through my cd deck. I have been useing my sansa clip and portable radio as a home setup and totaly forgot about the times I used my home setup to listen to music. I just fell in love with my clip and portable radio. I do remember my stereo-cd deck sounded great with the many full size headphones I bought and I mean many. Some of those headphones were high end like the 701 and 650. Thanks guys

You're welcome!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #120 of 327
Can someone please tell me how to get my feedback and how post a link in my singure. Thank you. I had it for years but lost it somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back