SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Apr 25, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #812 of 1,094
  I've got the m1pro for a month now and Here is my impression regarding the device UI.
It is lame! And it feels like half baked,

• Genre option is a known bug for at lease 4 Months now.  
  • The Colors are awful Yello background with white text color is a lame choice, It is hard to read the song's name and there is no option to change the theme at all.
  • When connecting the device to the computer, it is always telling that the MicroSD has to be fixed. The only way to avoid this is by turning the device off and then plug it into the computer.
  • The device doesn't turn off automatically after X min even if it is in idle mode.
  • When turn the device on you You don't have the option  to continue the from last song position, only from the beginning of the song (if you have large flac file it’s annoying)
  • If you press the menu button and go to the main menu, the only way to go back to the folder which you been is to start paging back from the storage (SD0).
  • No case to protect the device (aluminium is very soft and got scratched easily)
  • The reset Is not working as expected.
  • The firmware has been rarely updated and there is no public beta like other companies.
  • The current Firmware 1.0.046 is at best prebeta version with a feature missing and bugs (as reported in many forms)
  • I bought the device online I got one with misplaced buttons: the Back and the menu buttons misplaced!! Amateurs

Just an update, 
The ppl from Soundaware contact me and gave me some good answers to the points that I argued :Long story short, they showed me that Soundaware continuing to improve the DAP firmware which fixes some of the issues above,  so thumbs up for that 
beerchug.gif
 BTY it will be released at the near future....
All in all - great customer service for a great product.

Apr 25, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #813 of 1,094
Just an update, 
The ppl from Soundaware contact me and gave me some good answers to the points that I argued :Long story short, they showed me that Soundaware continuing to improve the DAP firmware which fixes some of the issues above,  so thumbs up for that :beerchug:  BTY it will be released at the near future....
All in all - great customer service for a great product.
[/quote

That's great to hear :) hope the m1pro is burning in well for you too!

Apr 30, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #815 of 1,094
Has anyone tried the 64 Audio U6 with the M1 Pro? How does the output impedance affect them?

Im considering getting one cos im tired of schlepping my Mojo abd DX50 around with me.

Apr 30, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #816 of 1,094

I use the 1964 adel U12 with the M1pro and the sound is very very impressive. Almost effortless and natural sounding. No roll of in the highs and a deep extended bass. So I think it's safe to say the U6 will not be affected by the impedance either.
Btw. I think that arlier in this threat it also mentioned the U6 sound great with the M1

Apr 30, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #817 of 1,094
I use the 1964 adel U12 with the M1pro and the sound is very very impressive. Almost effortless and natural sounding. No roll of in the highs and a deep extended bass. So I think it's safe to say the U6 will not be affected by the impedance either.
Btw. I think that arlier in this threat it also mentioned the U6 sound great with the M1

Awesome thanks for confirming that. Looks like i might grab the m1 pro then.

May 3, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #818 of 1,094
  Does it mean that we can order it from your distributors?

Yes, if only the pre-order from one distributor reaches certain quantity.
If you want to buy M1PRO, please contact with your local retail stores. Maybe he is not our agent, but that's okay, you could help to let him contact with us.
tongue.gif

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
May 4, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #820 of 1,094
Wanted to post these. It took me about an hour and a half to get the stickers lined out like I wanted. Not easy to be honest.. it takes practise so be warned! The stickers were provided with the M1pro box. The holes for the ventilation can be punched when done carefully (use a thick safety pin and you can feel where the holes are. Then punch trough. If the safety-pin is thicker then the ventilation holes then nothing can go wrong). For the smalles stickers for the buttons stick them on the tip of a small knife for example, and line them out before applying. I think it looks real... real nice!

Color of the M1pro used is champagne.

May 5, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #823 of 1,094
Hi , 

Was using Sony F887 but have ordered  Esther M1 Analog..Can you please let me know if it is a step up from the Sony DAP..Also was considering Ibasso DX80 before going for Esther M1 . have I made a good decision in buying M1 ?

Thanks

May 5, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #825 of 1,094
Thanks nmatheis . Getting it from a personal dealer , have ordered it but hasn't been shipped yet . Initially , was leaning towards IBasso , but the delaer suggested getting the Soundaware M1 Esther . So , hastily made the purchase . So , even now  I can  retract back to IBasso ..Sound Quality is all I care of.

Need your inputs . 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back