Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Jan 7, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #6,541 of 9,173
That is a significant adjustment. It seems like your trying to pump up the bass but what we can't know is how these adjustments effect the dampening factors and cabinet interactions. As I said, looking at that I do expect a rise in bass distortion.

Right there with you, it is not that Z7 doesn't have enough bass, but it is the facts above that muddy out the bass :D so yeah, distortion

Jan 7, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #6,543 of 9,173
I miss the hell out of those headphones. Someday I'll have another pair, which is why I'm still subbed to this thread.

You have done me a great favour, sir. Thank you. 
beyersmile.png

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #6,545 of 9,173
  Question time!

1. Is burn-in/break in real or is my head playing tricks on me?

Seems today the bass matured...?

It is real, but a more likely explanation isn't that mechanical burn-in occurs, rather your brain adjusts and you start to perceive the signature differently. Your neural circuits are getting tuned from experience.

Jan 7, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #6,546 of 9,173
  It is real, but a more likely explanation isn't that mechanical burn-in occurs, rather your brain adjusts and you start to perceive the signature differently. Your neural circuits are getting tuned from experience.

I thought maybe it's a behind the scene ghost playing with an astral EQ or something! Scaaaaaaaaary...

Jan 7, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #6,547 of 9,173
  I thought maybe it's a behind the scene ghost playing with an astral EQ or something! Scaaaaaaaaary...

Could be, never thought of that.

Jan 8, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #6,551 of 9,173
They're fun headphones lol!

I always try to look for a lower bass while listening to dubstep, EDM music... they really hold that potential of going LOW and LOWER!

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #6,554 of 9,173
It is "all about that bass" though !
biggrin.gif
. Yes, Z7 is a very good headphones indeed.

I almost get the cinema bass with ffdshow's Equalizer! Just need to do some tiny math and almost there me thinks!

The MDR-Z7 has got to be quite exceptional to let me tune it this far close to a multi speakers setup with it's single drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back