Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Sep 8, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #633 of 9,173
Oztralia?

Yep 
smile.gif
That's in AUD so ~$5 USD. Dunno if that's expensive or not for a big mac.

Sep 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #635 of 9,173
Still can't tell if those >2k headphones are sony or another brand. Nobody explicitly said it was for sony as far as I can tell?

Actually, Lachlan from the Youtube channel 'lachlablikesathing' was on Reddit and said he had spoken with Mike (hifiguy528) and confirmed that "The King" that Mike had referred to was, in fact, coming from Sony in 2015 and will be above the Z7.

Sorry I don't have the link for the Reddit comments. 

Sep 8, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #636 of 9,173
Still can't tell if those >2k headphones are sony or another brand. Nobody explicitly said it was for sony as far as I can tell?

Actually, Lachlan from the Youtube channel 'lachlablikesathing' was on Reddit and said he had spoken with Mike (hifiguy528) and confirmed that "The King" that Mike had referred to was, in fact, coming from Sony in 2015 and will be above the Z7.

Sorry I don't have the link for the Reddit comments. 

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Time to start saving up. I was about to buy the Z7 within the next month but 2015 sounds like a good time frame for me to save up for.
If they truly are flagship level I'll make a serious effort for this as my first set of headphones over 2k

Sep 8, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #637 of 9,173
  65mm drivers?

my interest has just peaked - come on SONY, do yourself proud!

Man sony's been playing with 60-70mm drivers for a while now. The XB 1000. The MA 900 and others I'm sure

it's time for them to up their game! 

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #638 of 9,173

Man sony's been playing with 60-70mm drivers for a while now. The XB 1000. The MA 900 and others I'm sure

nope, only the XB1k and MA900

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #639 of 9,173
  nope, only the XB1k and MA900

Meh, either way two productions units guyz, each tuned totally different. Time to find the happy meduim 

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #640 of 9,173
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Time to start saving up. I was about to buy the Z7 within the next month but 2015 sounds like a good time frame for me to save up for.
If they truly are flagship level I'll make a serious effort for this as my first set of headphones over 2k

I'm gonna wait for some reviews of the Z7's, and if they deliver, they will become my new closed-back reference cans.

"The King" is still a complete unknown and will probably be extremely high priced whenever it comes out (which could possibly be over a year from now).

I know everybody is different, but for me, I'd rather buy and enjoy a great headphone now, than wait for up to year for some high-priced mythical headphone that might not be able to live up to the hype.

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #641 of 9,173
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm gonna wait for some reviews of the Z7's, and if they deliver, they will become my new closed-back reference cans.

"The King" is still a complete unknown and will probably be extremely high priced whenever it comes out (which could possibly be over a year from now).

I know everybody is different, but for me, I'd rather buy and enjoy a great headphone now, than wait for up to year for some high-priced mythical headphone that might not be able to live up to the hype.

Ah but seeing Sony's past offerings it should at least be unique.
I've owned the majority of current flagships and at least auditioned the others.

Nothing has really wowed me (except a few things like the 007s with a nice custom amp) and it's all part of the experience anyway.

On the other side of the hype train this could end up rivaling their past flagships

Sep 9, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #644 of 9,173
I just have have to wait a month to get a good general idea on how the Z7 is going to sound. I do not think that there is any special insider information here on this thread that really knows what Sony is planning next. However if you are smart in this hobby you can get a general road map idea what the company may offer in the near future. The "King" model may come or not and if it is priced higher I am not interested. I used to have three Stax headphones but down to one left in my inventory. There is always some weakness in any headphones including the flagship models. I wanted to be able to support the artists today that are making music and not to bitch about the cost of recordings.  The biggest room for improvement is the artist themselves not the hardware.  I am still interested in hearing the Z7 and see how the hype plays out.

Sep 9, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #645 of 9,173
On the other side of the hype train this could end up rivaling their past flagships

That is something I truly would love to see happen! 

Until that day comes.............
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back