Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Dec 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #1,201 of 3,257
I will tell you more on the weekend for sure. Only so far, the Classic can drive them easily, the same is valid for the NWZ-A845. Both DAPs only sound differen. I cannot tell which one is better. Like them both. And both are capped for Europe. And yes, they have a prominent bass, but I find it very good controlled.

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #1,203 of 3,257
  I havent heard the ue900, but I did own the heir 4a and XBA 40 at the same time and the XBA40 sounded astronomically better to my ears. A shame really considering how much more expensive the 4a are. It is a horrible iem IMO. 

wot..? XBA-40 soudns better than 4.Ai? i'm about to drop some dough on a 3.Ai lol..looks too classy but hey the Dunu DN-1000 was highly recommended to me. now this H3 is here

Dec 6, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #1,204 of 3,257
Hi James444, which tips do you use on the H3?

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #1,207 of 3,257
  He has to remove the rubber feet from the bottom of large electronics and bore a nozzle in them to fit on his iems. Such is the size of his canals.

Nah, Eke's exaggerating as always. Usually, boring a nozzle into something like this will be perfectly adequate:

Hi James444, which tips do you use on the H3?

Joking aside, I use the large stock tips. For some reason getting a good fit with the H3 is much easier for me than with the EX1000.

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #1,208 of 3,257
  those are pretty interesting cans...

Surely the metaphor of 'cans' doesn't apply to ear buds? I chanced upon these in SOGO Taipei about 2 hours ago. There was a demo set of XBA-H3  on the wall with other sony products and I tried it with my iPhone. Played a track by Terje Gewelt on string bass, "As Raindrops fall'. The bass didn't sound any better or worse to my XBA-3SL. To memory: the top seemed a bit more airy, and to use audiophilespeak, the 'soundstage' is more open. 

The retail price was about the equivalent of $370USD. 

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #1,209 of 3,257
Surely the metaphor of 'cans' doesn't apply to ear buds? I chanced upon these in SOGO Taipei about 2 hours ago. There was a demo set of XBA-H3  on the wall with other sony products and I tried it with my iPhone. Played a track by Terje Gewelt on string bass, "As Raindrops fall'. The bass didn't sound any better or worse to my XBA-3SL. To memory: the top seemed a bit more airy, and to use audiophilespeak, the 'soundstage' is more open. 

The retail price was about the equivalent of $370USD. 

Looking on amazon and xba 3sl is $100 more then xba 3

Why??
Are they a lot better?

Dec 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #1,212 of 3,257
Not been here in a while. Have to ask, is the H1 an upgrade to the xba 3 and the vsonic gr07?

Most of the impressions seem to indicate the H1s are a sidegrade to the xba3(although some say the H1s scale well with high end equipment).
I don't think there have been any comparisons to the gr07.

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #1,213 of 3,257
Even if they are a technical side grade, it's entirely possible that the difference in presentation and note qualities could make them a real upgrade or downgrade for individual preferences.

Dec 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #1,214 of 3,257

H3 graph. The bass is actually a bit tighter than the H2s, but looser than the H1s. So, I'll say the H1 has the best bass balance, though likely the H3 has better depth due to driver size and probably balances better when vent modded. Treble and midrange balance are pretty similar between all 3 except the H3 has much more treble bandwidth/airyness as expected. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back