Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Sep 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3,257

xjaynine

100+ Head-Fier
Here's the press release:

http://presscentre.sony.eu/content/detail.aspx?ReleaseID=8813&NewsAreaId=2

Sony XBA-H3 Ear Bud Headphones

1. High resolution capable, featuring dedicated high-definition hybrid three-way driver unit (16mm dynamic driver unit and two Balanced Armature driver units) for music enjoyment throughout all frequencies
  2. Driver unit delivers radiant highs and deep, bellowing bass, including even the most subtle musical nuances
  3. Rigid, yet responsive Liquid Crystal Polymer Film diaphragm provides the needed rigidity and internal loss for balanced and highly accurate sound reproduction
  4. Smartphone cable with microphone and remote is also included, to easily switch from music to calls
  5. Available in December for $349.99

Sep 4, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 3,257
I knew they were going to do it. So, it says dual armature plus the LCP diaphragm and detachable cable for $350. Scary combo if tuned right and the LCP driver is no worse than the EX1000's. Getting pretty big there and possibly still isolation and wind noise challenges but I'm on board!

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #6 of 3,257
I'm actually preferring the smaller form factor of the XBA-H1, but Sony's sabotaging their own product by saying their not high-resolution capable, whatever that means. :rolleyes:

Sony PR said:
Acclaimed musical duo Hurts help create sound of premium in-ear headphones with advanced hybrid driver design

Who?

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #8 of 3,257
Sony PR said:
Acclaimed musical duo Hurts help create sound of premium in-ear headphones with advanced hybrid driver design

Who?

Exactly my reaction. Hopefully they know what they're doing. 
happy_face1.gif

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #9 of 3,257
Looking forward to xba-h3. Any news on US release date?

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #10 of 3,257
Subbed. Something to match the Akg perhaps??? I've been keeping my eye on hybrid iems lately..Been eyeing Vsonic with their V7007 but they been extremely quiet.... I hope sony's headphones are superb and surpasses their ex1000 flagship..

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #11 of 3,257
Acclaimed musical duo Hurts 
collaborate with Sony engineers to design in-ear headphones with superb sound  wooooooooooow!!!!wooooooooooow!!!!woooow!!!!
I think Sony is good competitor t-peos, t-peos undeservedly much worth. Sony XBA-H1 - £99.00, good price)))
The new XBA-H3 and XBA-H1 premium in-ear headphones from Sony are available in Europe from the end of October.
You've got the money out of my pocket!!!

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #12 of 3,257
I'm on this like white on rice.

Although the press release doesn't say anything about it I hope the XBA-H3 has metal earpieces :p

Sep 5, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #13 of 3,257
  Although the press release doesn't say anything about it I hope the XBA-H3 has metal earpieces :p

Same here, the magnesium shell Sony used for on the EX1000s are exquisite to handle. However at the price they intend to introduce these to the market: $349.00 USD, I am inclined to predict that a similar plastic shell from the original XBA series will be used for this hybrid line. Less premium more performance for your dollar I guess, is Sony's strategy this time around :wink:

More photos of these IEMs can be accessed on the product pages below.

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hps-in-ear-performance/xba-h1
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hps-in-ear-performance/xba-h3

Overall I am just glad to see Sony not abandoning their dynamic R&D heritage. Should be a very interesting line to check out once these get released late October.

**Edit: Awesome, more info is coming in from Japan.

There's also a mid-specced hybrid, the XBA-H2:

http://www.sony.jp/headphone/products/XBA-H2/

13.5mm LCP Driver paired with one full-range BA.

Here's an image of driver arrangement in the H3:

The cable is detachable like the EX-600, 800ST, and 1000 IEMs. Although the screw lock appears to be absent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back