Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Sep 5, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #18 of 3,257
I wished it went all went down to zero but will compromise with 3. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #20 of 3,257
Interesting. Another one to keep an eye on, Along with the RHA MA750s,

Already own the H-200 Hybrids so I'm excited to see what Sony will bring to the table.

Sep 5, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #21 of 3,257
Wow this is an exciting product. Not only is it re-developing the EX1000 (one of my favourite IEMs) bit it is doing hybrid unlike any one else has. We have a full range armature, a super tweeter armature and then it does not specify what the dynamic is doing, i hoping just bass or perhaps bass and midrange. Therefore if they nail the crossovers it could be an EX1000 without the spikey treble. All this being said i cant help but worry that Sony just wanted a Hybrid as thats the trend now and quickly threw one together. If its made by the EX1000 guy though i dount he will tint is name by a bad product. This is the first thing to really excite me in a while!

EDIT:

The 16mm is just a woofer.

Hopefully its not too bass overload.

Sep 5, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #22 of 3,257
this may be the greatest iem sony has created. I like sony and their build quality (XB90EX I have is indestructible) also like their approach to sound and I think this will be it.  October isn't far away, hope it will stir up the iem market :)

Sep 5, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #24 of 3,257
I wish Sony would put some effort into making the chassis more discreet. Dem Frankenbolts. :D

Well, as the saying goes, " No publicity is bad publicity" :D

Seeing as the H3 are meant to be worn over ear, as long as it's comfortable, I have no problems with the TF10-ish look.

Sep 5, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #25 of 3,257
  I wish Sony would put some effort into making the chassis more discreet. Dem Frankenbolts. 
biggrin.gif

The 16mm driver inevitably will make them look that way. That's actually as slim as you can get for such a big driver. 
xjaynine said:

The cable is detachable like the EX-600, 800ST, and 1000 IEMs. Although the screw lock appears to be absent.

Looks like they're now using MMCX connectors, like Shure, UE and Westone. 

EX1000 had the best bass in an IEM, now if Sony can manage to use that bass and improve on the high and mids, which were a bit disappointing in the EX1000s, then we have a winner. Hybrid designs are very hard to do, I have yet to hear a hybrid that even comes close to the K3003, these can even surpass them...let's see. 

Sep 5, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #27 of 3,257
What's that? Couldn't hear you; you were speaking too low. 

OOC (Out of character): The AD700 were my first low-mid fi headphone. Way too heavy. Had to sit in zen like stillness in order to keep them from drooping down my head. (I'm actually not that skinny or small-noodled, but I must have a narrow head because there are very few headphones that fit me well. I keep the ones that do.) Anyway, I'd not go back to the AD700 or its 2013 analogue as horrible fit is the only thing left in my memory.

Sony earphones? Come to love them. 

Sep 5, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #28 of 3,257
BURNNNNNNNNN! I purchased the XBA-4 last year somewhere around June. Then there comes the XBA-40 and now these T.T Since I am planning to get the MA-900, I shall wait for awhile to see if Sony is making any move in upgrading the MA series just in case the incident repeats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back