Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Jun 29, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #2,311 of 3,257
  i know both iems (846, h3,) does not NEED amping, but both get a lot of benefits, like better control at all frecs
By what your are feeding your iems?

The H3 has a 40 Ohm impedance so it doesn't take much of an amp's output impedance to control frequencies. IMO just about any iPhone or smartphone, etc.  should work well with an H3 as long as it has an output impedance of 5 Ohms or less. Other than having a flat FR, there's not much an amp can do about it other than within the limits of what EQ can accomplish.

Jun 29, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #2,312 of 3,257
  i know both iems (846, h3,) does not NEED amping, but both get a lot of benefits, like better control at all frecs
By what your are feeding your iems?

Unamped iphone 5. I don't think an amp would change the bass sound that much somehow - They both drive quite well out of the iphone - not saying there would not be some improvement - same thing for source but just pointing out that the bass has a much different quality between these two. I'm sure the 846 is more "accurate", while the H3 is more relaxed and deeper - maybe that's why some people say it's bloated.  If you listen to "Rumour has it" by Adele, the bass at the beginning on H3 is "BOOM BOOM BOOM" .  on the 846 it's "BAM BAM BAM"  - Probably makes no sense at all but that's how it sounds to me 
blink.gif

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #2,313 of 3,257
  Unamped iphone 5. I don't think an amp would change the bass sound that much somehow - They both drive quite well out of the iphone - not saying there would not be some improvement - same thing for source but just pointing out that the bass has a much different quality between these two. I'm sure the 846 is more "accurate", while the H3 is more relaxed and deeper - maybe that's why some people say it's bloated.  If you listen to "Rumour has it" by Adele, the bass at the beginning on H3 is "BOOM BOOM BOOM" .  on the 846 it's "BAM BAM BAM"  - Probably makes no sense at all but that's how it sounds to me 
blink.gif

The problem with boom boom is that it generally bleeds into the mids which should not happen.

On the topic sony is known for making warmer earphones with a good deal of bass,,,its a given h3 will probably beat majority of earphones in bass response,,,the question is about mids and highs??

I would like u to compare the mids and highs of h3 with others in the category.

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #2,315 of 3,257
GR07 MasterRace™!

gr07 has its fair shortfalls,,,isolation being one of them.
then there is sibilance issue and a tad less bass on mk2 variety.

but it trumps these shortcomings as its very neutral so goes with all genres just like ex083,my favourite budget earphone

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #2,316 of 3,257
I already did that earlier in this thread. H3's Treble is excellent very comparable to 846 not quite as bright but of course as expected the 846 mids are substantially more forward (and to me more accurate) than H3. I also think that the H3's excellent separation somehow prevents the huge bass from overpowering everything else. And remember the H3 has dedicated driver for treble. As I said in my first comparison the 846's are overall more capable but the H3's are very good and very enjoyable and if you're buying the 846 just for the bass you should at least try the H3. If I had to choose I would have to go with the 846 for a lot of reasons but I would be happy with the H3 particularly considering the price

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #2,317 of 3,257
I already did that earlier in this thread. H3's Treble is excellent very comparable to 846 not quite as bright but of course as expected the 846 mids are substantially more forward (and to me more accurate) than H3. I also think that the H3's excellent separation somehow prevents the huge bass from overpowering everything else. And remember the H3 has dedicated driver for treble. As I said in my first comparison the 846's are overall more capable but the H3's are very good and very enjoyable and if you're buying the 846 just for the bass you should at least try the H3. If I had to choose I would have to gdedicateo with the 846 for a lot of reasons but I would be happy with the H3 particularly considering the price

yes the price difference is too huge to consider 846 if h3 sounds as what u say.
500$ is too much a difference.

why are clios or joker not reviewing the h3??a dedicated review and comparison is needed at this point for sure.
the only thing that bothers me is the size of this housing!!!

looks uncomfortable worn over ear to me,maybe i am wrong

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #2,318 of 3,257

gr07 has its fair shortfalls,,,isolation being one of them.
then there is sibilance issue and a tad less bass on mk2 variety.

but it trumps these shortcomings as its very neutral so goes with all genres just like ex083,my favourite budget earphone

Sibilance and neutral are mutually exclusive,

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #2,320 of 3,257
  Sibilance and neutral are mutually exclusive,

gr07 being neutral is a relative term,,,nothing can be perfect but they are more neutral than 99% of stuff out there.

That doesn't change the fact that "Sibilance and neutral are mutually exclusive," I'll bet many will not agree about your 99% figure either.

Jun 29, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #2,321 of 3,257

That doesn't change the fact that "Sibilance and neutral are mutually exclusive," I'll bet many will not agree about your 99% figure either.

it does change the fact as i used the word relative.
i am not talking in absolute term here.

Jun 29, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #2,323 of 3,257

You did not use the term relative in your initial statement. In any case that makes no sense.

all right man,u win.
gr07 mk2 are not neutral by a long shot.

now give me a break and be happy.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back