Sony XBA-300 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Oct 4, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #31 of 326
I'm looking forward to them. I too have the XBA-3's and have enjoyed them greatly.. However.. Still a little thin relatively speaking to the RHA line up I've switched to.. And the XBA-H1, 2's and 3's were just too big in terms of thickness for something that is supposed to fit in your ears.. These look great.. I just hope they have fixed the sub bass levels.. I know the rest was amazing (Mids, highs, detail, timbre..)

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #32 of 326
I'm looking forward to them. I too have the XBA-3's and have enjoyed them greatly.. However.. Still a little thin relatively speaking to the RHA line up I've switched to.. And the XBA-H1, 2's and 3's were just too big in terms of thickness for something that is supposed to fit in your ears.. These look great.. I just hope they have fixed the sub bass levels.. I know the rest was amazing (Mids, highs, detail, timbre..)

very similar to me, the XBA A, H and Z series is too big and always drop out of my ears, even thought some has the ear hook, it still doesn't stay in.

Hopefully these are similar size to the XBA 3, I'm considering these and searching the web, I think only the Japan version has no mic and multi control for smartphone, hopefully the hong kong  has this version as the current information shows that mic version is on pre order.

Otherwise I have to get it from japan.

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #33 of 326
@lalala6

Do you have the length in mm of the iem, from the tip of the buds to the other end, also does it say where the iem are made.

I actually have the XBA 3, EX 600 and EX800, how does the size compare to the XBA 3 as it probably best to compare to similar shape iem, or other XBA iem.

Thanks

Sorry, I've never seen or touched the XBA-300 so I wouldn't know. I think they are made in Malaysia though.

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #34 of 326

@lalala6

Do you have the length in mm of the iem, from the tip of the buds to the other end, also does it say where the iem are made.

I actually have the XBA 3, EX 600 and EX800, how does the size compare to the XBA 3 as it probably best to compare to similar shape iem, or other XBA iem.

Thanks

Sorry, I've never seen or touched the XBA-300 so I wouldn't know. I think they are made in Malaysia though.

thanks, I found out.

made in thailand

Oct 6, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #35 of 326
Should have mine around 26th this month, getting a japanese version.

Oct 6, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #36 of 326

getting dynamic driven iem sounding good is a big challenge in controlling the resonance within the housing, size of the drivers, coating of diaphram etc.  generally, anything larger than 10mm is a drag for iem.  the response is so slow to a point where only pure vocals sounds good.  everything else sounds so draggy and bass is really bloaty.

How would you compare this to the XBA 3, EX 600 or EX 800, these are the three I have, I actually have a friend visiting Japan, he will be picking up non inline mic version for me.

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #38 of 326

How would you compare this to the XBA 3, EX 600 or EX 800, these are the three I have, I actually have a friend visiting Japan, he will be picking up non inline mic version for me.

have no experience with any of those, sorry!

OK, thanks for the reply, seems like I have to test them out myself.
tongue.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #40 of 326
Oct 9, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #45 of 326
I have tested this iem, its a improvement over the xba 3, but little weak on bass, using this on my zx2 my other iem, ex600, ex800 and xba 3, volume is set arund 50%, with the xba 300 you have to set it at 65% to 70%.

With the supplied cable, its a little thin and looks cheap, i also tested the xba 300 with the optional sony MU cable, a increase in volume and upper the bass a little, may be using a custom cable might improve the overall performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back