Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 7, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #1,370 of 7,711
  What is the merit of rooted device?
Is sound improved?

No, its not related to sound.

Rooting android is taking full control of your OS, so you can install anything, or even install other android versions (cyanogen, liquid motion...etc) for example.

Dec 7, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #1,372 of 7,711
Wondering if someone will rip out the music software and bundle it in a package to have it run on custom kitkat upgrade. Or even have it run on non-sony devices

Dec 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #1,374 of 7,711
^ The Sony is by far the sexiest, as far as looks are concerned.

haha that would be subjective, to me the AK still looks the sexiest and classiest.
the Sony just looks like a bulkier smart phone.

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #1,376 of 7,711
  No, its not related to sound.

Rooting android is taking full control of your OS, so you can install anything, or even install other android versions (cyanogen, liquid motion...etc) for example.

Or uninstall anything that's useless that may slow down the OS. I'm guessing that it won't be stock Android but at the same time can't imagine what Sony would be running on the ZX1. Maybe existing Z10x0 owners can tell what else runs on the OS? I know on the DX100, there were a few unused daemons one could freeze after rooting.

I am very happy today my daughter bought for me from bic camera Tokyo Japan my Sony WMZ - ZX 1

Out the box pictures :

Congrats. When is she flying back to pass it back to you?

Dec 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #1,380 of 7,711
Or uninstall anything that's useless that may slow down the OS. I'm guessing that it won't be stock Android but at the same time can't imagine what Sony would be running on the ZX1. Maybe existing Z10x0 owners can tell what else runs on the OS? I know on the DX100, there were a few unused daemons one could freeze after rooting.

Congrats. When is she flying back to pass it back to you?

Thank you Sean
On 12 December my daughter flying back to Indonesia

Congratulations Rudi...I should receive mine soon too :) hope you enjoy it.

Thank you Michael
My daughter had tried with hi res audio function sound so good :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back