Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 6, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #1,321 of 7,711
Van Nuys has a few case options for the ZX1. One for PHA-2 combo even. However none seem to have easy screen access :-

I'm thinking it might be more fruitful to look for a smartphone case, and adapt it for the NW-ZX1, since smartphone cases already cater for touchscreen access. One might need to cut a few holes in the side of the case, for the DAPs hardware control buttons, and the bulge on the rear might complicate things a bit, but basically, I still think a smartphone case will offer the best workable solution (at this early stage) for operating the NW-ZX1 without having to remove it from the case.

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #1,322 of 7,711
So this should be released this weekend in Japan correct?  

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #1,323 of 7,711
In about 6hrs 15mins GMT, probably already released in Japan given the time difference. I should wake up Monday morning to a tracking-number.
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #1,324 of 7,711
  In about 6hrs 15mins GMT, probably already released in Japan given the time difference. I should wake up Monday morning to a tracking-number.
tongue_smile.gif

I'm jealous, but I'm okay waiting a couple of weeks before placing an order.  Then again, I may have just to do it given the chance of backlog.

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #1,325 of 7,711
  I'm jealous, but I'm okay waiting a couple of weeks before placing an order.  Then again, I may have just to do it given the chance of backlog.

....Or we could have made a big mistake and you played it safe/right
cool.gif

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #1,326 of 7,711
  ....Or we could have made a big mistake and you played it safe/right
cool.gif

I went a little crazy with electrostats amp so my fund is a bit low at the moment.  Has to wait a little while for it to recharge.  I'm sure that this will be great!

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #1,327 of 7,711

I went a little crazy with electrostats amp so my fund is a bit low at the moment.  Has to wait a little while for it to recharge.  I'm sure that this will be great!

You know Purk, I really wish the ZX1 will be a success for the Sony, as this might encourage more Manufactures  (non Chinese in particular, and don't think I have anything against them) to raise the bar in their "MP3" players.

I am holding it inside me till I try it myself (Welcome back Walkman
biggrin.gif
)

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #1,328 of 7,711
I decided to order last night to avoid the possible backlog. In the spirit of receiving this player, I dragged out the old X1060 to do a little comparison with the F807... And I was surprised at how close the X is. I hope the difference sonic between the F807 and the ZX1 is a bigger gap! 

That little old X1060 is such a classic player, and if the ZX1 renders them all sort of irrelevant, the F806 & 807 will both go, and I'll hold onto the X. 

Dec 6, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #1,329 of 7,711

Mind sharing that link? I haven't heard of any news of a new AK model and i'm interested to see the new offering :wink:

http://www.post76.com/wordpress/?p=43207

Dec 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #1,331 of 7,711
Dec 6, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #1,332 of 7,711
Mython, agreed about the case. Cellphone-styled design makes more sense.

Hunterx, same here. Sony mailed my takyuubin number last night too. Pity I'll be in a 15 hr journey back to Tokyo today & will probably only get it re-delivered since time tomorrow.

Dec 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #1,333 of 7,711
...come to think of it, a couple of large (half inch wide) rubber bands could be fitted around the perimeter of the DAP, and this would still allow the buttons to be pressed (I admit it would be less tactile, bit still possible, especially if one temporarily moved the thumb/finger beneath the rubber band), it would leave the touchscreen free, and the unit would be protected if dropped (half inch wide rubber bands would curl over the edges of the front and back, to protect the front and rear faces of the DAP when landing on a flat surface). I'm thinking of the same kind of rubber band as people use for assembling DAP stacks, only twice as long.

I know it's a crude method but it'd serve a turn, and would only cost a couple of cents, until someone brings out a decent case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back