Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 6, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #6,647 of 7,711
Jan 6, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #6,648 of 7,711
  To name a few, AK100 & X5.  Have you heard of those two?  They sport dual two (2) microSD slots.

You have those? They are both expensive, but at least the X5 is around half the price of the AK100. I was wondering if there are less expensive ones.

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #6,649 of 7,711
  is ak120 titan the player with largest storage dual sd card player on market now?

I think Calyx M takes that spot, but with 1 micro sd slot and another 1 sd card slot.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #6,651 of 7,711
  ^ yeah Calyx M is at 448GB lol.

Imo it makes no sense at all to spend $1,000 or more(or even over $200) for an mp3 player, unless you are so rich that price doesn't matter. I'll stick with my $35 Clip+ for now, although if I find an enticing player under $100 I might buy it. The X1 is not enticing to me due to its short battery life.

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #6,652 of 7,711
  Imo it makes no sense at all to spend $1,000 or more(or even over $200) for an mp3 player, unless you are so rich that price doesn't matter. I'll stick with my $35 Clip+ for now, although if I find an enticing player under $100 I might buy it. The X1 is not enticing to me due to its short battery life.

I think you might be on the wrong forum, this is an audiophile forum 
biggrin.gif
 Seriously, nothing audiophiles do "makes sense" its simply about fun and pleasure. Buying a 1K dap and some 1K headphones is FUN, but not sensible lol. Yes obviously this is only possible if you have the money to burn, but you know you would do it if you had the money, that's why your on here 
tongue.gif

Jan 7, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #6,654 of 7,711
That's really cool! Makes me wish I still had a ZX1. Hopefully they'll do one for the new ZX2 really soon. I intend to look hard into getting the new Sony.  
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #6,656 of 7,711

I think you might be on the wrong forum, this is an audiophile forum 
biggrin.gif
 Seriously, nothing audiophiles do "makes sense" its simply about fun and pleasure. Buying a 1K dap and some 1K headphones is FUN, but not sensible lol. Yes obviously this is only possible if you have the money to burn, but you know you would do it if you had the money, that's why your on here 
tongue.gif

A $1,000 DAP and $1,000 headphones makes sense for Bill Gates, but not for me. 

"Yes obviously this is only possible if you have the money to burn, but you know you would do it if you had the money, that's why your on here 
tongue.gif
"

If I had a billion dollars, then I "might" spend $100K on audio products. Since I don't have a billion dollars though, I buy a Clip+.

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #6,657 of 7,711

"Yes obviously this is only possible if you have the money to burn, but you know you would do it if you had the money, that's why your on here 
tongue.gif
"

If I had a billion dollars, then I "might" spend $100K on audio products. Since I don't have a billion dollars though, I buy a Clip+.

You've been a member for 11.5 years! You must have seen the prices of audio products escalate (probably exponentially in the past 3 years?)?

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #6,658 of 7,711

Woah! Im pretty sure most people on here just have regular to good jobs, and we still find the money to spend thousands on audio gear, no not a wise investment, but a lot more fun than chucking it in super or hedge etc lol.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #6,659 of 7,711

You've been a member for 11.5 years! You must have seen the prices of audio products escalate (probably exponentially in the past 3 years?)?

tongue.gif
"

You don't have to be Bill Gates to spend 2K on audio gear. All I've done is reduce my overhead: I used to smoke cigarettes, frequent pubs, and drink overpriced coffee regularly. Giving all of them up (well, not completely on the coffee) has freed up literally thousands of dollars per year.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #6,660 of 7,711
And as the wife says ... "Since u don't smoke or drink or gamble or womanize (?) ..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back