Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 30, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #2,551 of 7,711
  I'm sure others here will have their favourite transcoders, but I personally find Xrecode does a respectable job, is very fairly priced, has plenty of tweakability options, and is multi-threaded, so it gets the job done relatively quickly.

I use XLD. Pretty handy.

I think XLD and DBpoweramp are the best/friendliest for cheap or free depending on platform. 

Thanks to all for your transcoder recommendations I will have a look.
Someone here posted sometime ago that if ordering from PriceJapan, you can ask to have a different(read lower) price put on the carton to potentially avoid taxes. If true how does one avail themselves of this service?
Lastly out of curiosity, has anyone who owns the Sony have reason to use the reset button on the back?

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #2,552 of 7,711
  Thanks to all for your transcoder recommendations I will have a look.
Someone here posted sometime ago that if ordering from PriceJapan, you can ask to have a different(read lower) price put on the carton to potentially avoid taxes. If true how does one avail themselves of this service?
Lastly out of curiosity, has anyone who owns the Sony have reason to use the reset button on the back?

If you already use foobar you can just do it from there. Any kind of converting I just do in foobar.

Also I think price japan marks the invoice differently by default. When they sent me an email letting me know that the ZX1 has shipped they also mentioned they put down 21000 yen as the invoice value.

Dec 31, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #2,553 of 7,711
Received my ZX1 yesterday. Left the player running with the also received Noble 5 all day yesterday. Road testing it now while I am out and about in HK with a pair of FitEar 223.

Briefly, the ZX1 has exceeded my expectations sonically. Detailed, well extended and precise sounding. There maybe a slight emphasis to the trebles but that just suits the FitEar house sound to a T.

Will post more thoughts over the next few days........but at the moment, I think Sony may have at last brought out a DAP that challenges....

Dec 31, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #2,555 of 7,711
For those interested Price japan say  they have four in stock.  Thing is it's EMS shipping only.  Would I be right in thinking that I'd be more likely to be hit by taxes using ems?  Price has dropped to the point where it's a little (only a little) more tempting, but I'd hate to have pay taxes!

Dec 31, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #2,562 of 7,711
Thanks.  How quick is EMS?  I'm also aware that Chinese new year is about to hit when everything get's shut down.

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #2,565 of 7,711
I'm curious but when you are uploading your files to the ZX1 is the transfer rate fast? I've been dealing with sd cards which I use an adapter for and usually the transfer speed to devices is really slow so close to 128gb of slow transfer speeds would take a few days at least. Also does a cover image in the folder work as album art or does it need to be tagged? I remember the last time I had a Sony player I had issues with album art unless it was tagged but that was a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back