SONY IER-Z1R
Jun 1, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #7,591 of 15,378
If it weren't for the bass, the VX would win out easily for me. But the Z1R sub bass is just MMMF. It reaches down deep into the pits of hell and has a slowish decay, but sounds natural. The VX bass is no slouch, but the decay is much faster to the point where it sounds a bit unnatural.

God, give me Z1R bass with VX technicalities.
My personal experience is that KSE1500 is capable of Z1R-like bass (better/cleaner bass, but not as rumbly and visceral) and better technicalities than VX. Skip KSE1200 unless using software EQ, but KSE1500 with my EQ in a direct A/B/C with those iem's is simply on another echelon.

Where KSE falters is soundstage expansion sadly. Z1R takes that, and bass rumble no doubt. And admittedly, stock sound isn't very exciting, absolutely needs eq correction with the bundle amp.

Last edited:
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jun 2, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #7,592 of 15,378
It says on the cloth RStudio. https://m.facebook.com/rstudiohpshop/

Pricey, ouch. But it just another OCC cable.
Well the price is only US$230.00 if that is pricey. It is just a fraction of many name brand cables like effect audio, PW cable etc. As for make up, it is a combination of gold plated pure silver, silver, gold, palladium alloy and single crystal OCC copper. The sound on blind test, sounds better than a $3000.00 limited edition Effect Audio cable.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #7,594 of 15,378
Does anyone who bought the Z1Rs from the Asia Pacific market (such as AccessoryJack) have any unboxing pictures or footage to share? I'm curious about the language in the materials, on the tips holder, etc., for purposes of collectibility.
It does not look any different from an USA, EU etc. Set

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #7,599 of 15,378
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share some of my enthusiasm: finally decided to buy a NW-WM1Z, to drive my IER-Z1R.

Listening right now (on balanced)... and I don't know how much placebo effect is involved, but I feel like it cannot get any better than this! Incredible!

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #7,600 of 15,378
The weak ass Sony Daps are probably the only daps that need the Ier-z1r to use the balanced cable.

Most other daps start off with that much power for their Single-ended.

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #7,602 of 15,378
The weak ass Sony Daps are probably the only daps that need the Ier-z1r to use the balanced cable.

It’t not just a matter of power, there are other benefits to the balanced output as well like native dsd play back and blacker background and better detail retreval

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #7,603 of 15,378
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share some of my enthusiasm: finally decided to buy a NW-WM1Z, to drive my IER-Z1R.

Listening right now (on balanced)... and I don't know how much placebo effect is involved, but I feel like it cannot get any better than this! Incredible!

I certainly have had no desire to look elsewhere after 3 1/2 years with the 1Z and 1 year with the IER-Z1R

Jun 2, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #7,604 of 15,378
Hi everyone,

The 1Z and IER-Z1R was also such a huge pinnacle for me too. Hard to explain it, as it’s maybe not even an experience I can put into words. Congratulations!

Jun 2, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #7,605 of 15,378

You say weak ass, but I for one was quite happy to be able to set the volume above 20/120 on the Sony ZX300 back when I was using the Andromeda and not have my ears explode.

For my application, the power is more than adequate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back