Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Oct 9, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #2,720 of 2,773
  Try the MDR-1RNC case ONLY if you need one. Pops up now and then on ebay.

As i said earlier I'm looking for a case too. I really don't understand what you mean by " ONLY if you need one" ? . Could u explain that statement please. Is the 1RNC a suitable good one or is it not ?

By the way, got my Dynamat in the post today : )

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #2,721 of 2,773
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant to say buy only the case and not the 1RNC headphone package. I've seen just this case on ebay for $20.
As i said earlier I'm looking for a case too. I really don't understand what you mean by " ONLY if you need one" ? . Could u explain that statement please. Is the 1RNC a suitable good one or is it not ?

By the way, got my Dynamat in the post today : )

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #2,723 of 2,773
Not at all. They are big enough to comfortably fit over the ears yet easily small enough to be a portable package.

Nov 14, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #2,726 of 2,773
Hi
It seems like I lost my MDR 1R, and I'm torn between buying a new one, or go and try another model.
I really love the sound signature of the MDR 1R, and removable cable is a must.
Thinking on AKG 545 or an ATH m50x. Are their SQ comparable to the 1R ?
The cause for not going straight for a new pair of MDR 1R, is that here in Hungary, all things Sony is way overpriced. These to have much lower price (15-20 percent lower)

Nov 29, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #2,728 of 2,773
Hi
It seems like I lost my MDR 1R, and I'm torn between buying a new one, or go and try another model.
I really love the sound signature of the MDR 1R, and removable cable is a must.
Thinking on AKG 545 or an ATH m50x. Are their SQ comparable to the 1R ?
The cause for not going straight for a new pair of MDR 1R, is that here in Hungary, all things Sony is way overpriced. These to have much lower price (15-20 percent lower)

ive owned all three. sound quality is about the same. sound signature pretty different. mth50x is vshaped with a bass boost. akg k545 is more neutral. i found the ndr1r to be midcentric with a midbass bass. i enjoyed all three of em & dont think u will be unhappy with the sound of any of em for their respective price points. note sonu released a new mdr1a

Dec 7, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #2,730 of 2,773
I already bought mine, at sony mexico online store at huge discount from 4, 600 mexican pesos down to 2, 700 mexican pesos nice rebate

I come from Ultrasone HFI-780, , hope i like the MDR-1R i ave osme Hi-res albums, like 40 or so and the rest is flac, i listen solely to classical music from renaissance to romanticism

I am waiting them to arrive, haha OCD'ed checking the sony webpage to see order status
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back