Something in between IE8 and CK10...
Aug 21, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #61 of 90

Quote:
Gerbi, just read your PM. 
Just wanted to add to Townyj statement on JVC FX700. You must have already got your self introduced to FX700. This JVC is another famous and highly regarded (on this forum) Dynamic Driver wooden earphones. Only sold in Japan. Fx700 priced more  then Ortofon e-Q7 and is not worth the money in my opinion.  You can get them from Japanese online seller  Musica Acoustics for around $330 US or so. There are many other places who sell them including ebay.  If you absolutely like dynamic transducer driver and love detailed crystal clear and transparent sound, you might want to consider this.
So many options you must be confused by now
confused_face_2.gif

You're not wrong! The options are growing but it's the price to pay when you need opinions from a vast number of people. I might have to follow the majority at end. At the moment I'm watching soccer and listening to music with my Audio Technica ATH-AD900 and I'm thinking that it's the sound i want but in an earphone...or as close as I can get. I can't listen to music with a full size headphone during the Australian Summer. Now it's still winter and I can get away with it
L3000.gif

Aug 21, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #62 of 90

Quote:
So, to summarise a bit, it seems that the W3 and SM3 are the most suggested models (if we exclude the TF10 since I could not find them comfortable as previously mentioned). Some mentioned the MTCP and the MD edition. It'd be great to know if anyone has compared W3 and SM3 with the other 2 models from Monster. As I said in this thread there's next to no option to audition any of these so I will spend my hard earn money based on a "majority" vote so a big thank you to everyone for sharing knowledge and opinions, I really appreciate it.

I have the w3 , sm3 , coppers ,although the coppers are a great iem they are most definitely a step or two down from the other two in pretty much every way sound wise ,as much as i like the coppers (and i do like them a lot) when i go back and forth between them and either of the other two ,there is just something not quite right about the way the coppers present songs ,its kinda like the midrange and treble has been artificially stretched to avoid being coloured by the bass 

However if you are coming from the ie8 you will be very pleased with the coppers i think 
regular_smile .gif

Aug 21, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #63 of 90

You're not wrong! The options are growing but it's the price to pay when you need opinions from a vast number of people. I might have to follow the majority at end. At the moment I'm watching soccer and listening to music with my Audio Technica ATH-AD900 and I'm thinking that it's the sound i want but in an earphone...or as close as I can get. I can't listen to music with a full size headphone during the Australian Summer. Now it's still winter and I can get away with it
L3000.gif

Interesting, you love your AD900. I have to say I found that headphone to fatiguing and sold it. So my comments should be weighed accordingly with that knowledge. I loved the AD900 detail and space though.

Aug 21, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #64 of 90

Interesting, you love your AD900. I have to say I found that headphone to fatiguing and sold it. So my comments should be weighed accordingly with that knowledge. I loved the AD900 detail and space though.

I see your point and I can agree as at the end of my two hours listening last night I did experience a bit of fatigue, but in saying that I enjoyed rediscovering details in tracks I have not listen to in a while. I bought the AD900 a few years ago in Japan and I also have a pair of the EW9 (so that I don't bother the wife with the music when she's around!). I cannot sell them either as she actually bought them for me for my birthday! I found that I can retrain my hearing as, for example, I used to listen to music on my hifi amp by pushing the trebles up and on my iPod with the "rock" EQ. Now after keeping everything on neutral or flat I do like my music that way. I just couldn't get used though to the sound of the IE8 with the setting I now like.

Aug 21, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #65 of 90

I have the w3 , sm3 , coppers ,although the coppers are a great iem they are most definitely a step or two down from the other two in pretty much every way sound wise ,as much as i like the coppers (and i do like them a lot) when i go back and forth between them and either of the other two ,there is just something not quite right about the way the coppers present songs ,its kinda like the midrange and treble has been artificially stretched to avoid being coloured by the bass 

However if you are coming from the ie8 you will be very pleased with the coppers i think 
regular_smile%20.gif

Do you think I would also be pleased with the W3?

Aug 23, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #69 of 90
Good choice, I suspect the added treble will suite your tastes. Good luck and happy listening.

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #70 of 90
Thank you Dweaver. I chose them as well because they are available here in Australia through an official dealer, just in case something goes wrong. The Monster will be available sometime in November but I didn't want to wait until then.
I should get the W3 in the morning, can't see myself doing much at work tomorrow
wink_face.gif

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #72 of 90

Quote:
Just ordered the W3. Thanks to everyone for your input and feedback. I will update the post with a first impression as soon as I receive them. Keep your fingers crossed for me
atsmile.gif

Congrats... I'm loving mine more and more everyday.. Oh and If you don't have a set of Shure Olive's laying around, I highly recommend picking some up.  I just got mine in the mail today and they sound better than the Comply's to me.

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #74 of 90
looks like an ear raping worse than going to an audiologist for impressions ;p

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #75 of 90

Quote:
looks like an ear raping worse than going to an audiologist for impressions ;p

LMAO.. can you say Deep Canal??  I think you can..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back